It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gasoline Solution!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I got this email today and wanted to share it with everyone.

We CAN buy gasoline that is not from the Middle East. Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.

Shell............................205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil................130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway...117,740,000 barrels

Amoco.........................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! I think it is up to $40 /barrel now!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!

Here are some large companies that DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo....................0 barrels

Sunoco............. .0 barrels

Conoco............. ..0 barrels

Sinclair............... 0 barrels

BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels

Hess...................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing. They report on a monthly basis. Keep this list in your car; share it with friends. Stop paying for terrorism.............

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300).... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million peoplewill have been contacted .

If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. How much would all that take?

If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next eight days!

I would like to add one thing to this.

GODBLESS AMERICA!

We are paying those terrorist 12 billion a day for gas.. I think the time has come for us to take a stand and do what this article suggests.

Mod Edit: Decapped Title

[edit on 15-11-2004 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
as much as i would like to believ this it is unfortunatly false.

oil is a limited resource and if we use it from other places than the middle east it has to come from somewhere else, and that source will just be depleted quicker, and then we will have to use the only oil that is left, which will be in the mid east.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Citgo....................0 barrels

Sunoco............. .0 barrels

Conoco............. ..0 barrels

Sinclair............... 0 barrels

BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels

Hess...................0 barrels

Personally, these have always been the only companies I gas up with. Important to note they are usually cheaper than the first group also.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well i dont buy middle east gasoline..BP and hess are the only ones i fill up at.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Snopes 2002

# CITGO is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the national oil company of Venezuela, so naturally most of its crude oil comes from there. However, in February 2002 CITGO also imported from Middle Eastern countries in the following quantities:

Iraq: 1,342,000 barrels
Kuwait: 437,000 barrels

# Conoco imports primarily from Mexico, Venezuela, and Canada, and not from Middle Eastern countries. However, they are planning to merge with Phillips, which does import from Middle Eastern countries (see below).

# BP imports from a variety of oil-producing countries, but in February 2002 BP North America also imported from Middle Eastern countries in the following quantities:

Iraq: 470,000 barrels
Kuwait: 415,000 barrels
Saudi Arabia: 2,123,000 barrels
Algeria: 3,853,000 barrels

# Phillips also imports from a variety of oil-producing countries, but in February 2002 Phillips imported from Middle Eastern countries in the following quantities:

Iraq: 717,000 barrels
Saudi Arabia: 1,100,000 barrels

The author of that email didn't do too much research.

top topics

join