It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Really Happening With Winnipeg's Water?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Our sleazy mayor tried to sell our water supply a few years back and privatize what's always been a public service here. His move got blocked, but the infrastructure is old and the pipes need to be replaced at least. Supposedly, the source is pristine, and the treatment facilities are also supposed to be state-of-the-art. But. Every area of the city has had brown water off and on all summer, and reports are circulating that e. coli was found in at least one suburb. Another rumour says there's a neuro-toxin in the water (from bacteria?).

...I filter my own water but wasn't boiling it, and was giving my dogs tap water. One of my dogs had diarrhea a week ago, the other one got it after and is just getting over it. Last night I felt like I had food poisoning - stomach cramps from hell for about an hour then puked my guts out, went to sleep. A bit queasy today but otherwise okay. No real explanation though. ...Was it the water?

I'm boiling now besides filtering, and sharing my water supply with my dogs. But I'm wondering. Would these sleazebags hurt people just to prove a point - and push through a takeover?

edit on 13/10/13 by soficrow because: format

edit on 13/10/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

You might want to call your local water authority and report that there may be a problem. I think they could send someone out and test your water if there's a question. And in the meantime, boiling and filtering is probably a good idea.

As to something more sinister, yes I believe governments are capable of killing off their citizens for no reason whatsoever. It's called 'war' and they even expect you to take part on demand. What you're suggesting as possible is simply a small change in tactic.

BTW Op, since you're an open source advocate, check out David Steele; he's an ex-CIA agent who has a website,
'Open Source Everything'
There's numerous youtube videos available of interviews with him, good stuff.

www.phibetaiota.net...
edit on 13-10-2013 by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

The issue is quite public and lots of testing is being done. Most people don't believe we're being told the truth - authorities say it is "safe" but won't drink when they're offered a glass of tap water.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I know when I lived back in Rochester, NY, a city with very old main water lines, often the water would get rusty looking towards the end of summer. They said it was because they were flushing the lines to remove buildup. It was certainly weird to look at and may have caused problems for some people's stomachs.

If in doubt, keep boiling, or get yourself an electric water purifier, the kind that steams it and collects it (can't think of the scientific name for it). They don't use much electricity but they do remove all the minerals from the water.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

soficrow

The issue is quite public and lots of testing is being done. Most people don't believe we're being told the truth - authorities say it is "safe" but won't drink when they're offered a glass of tap water.

It appears you've answered your own question. If those whose job it is to analyze the water say it's fine yet refuse to drink it, the answer is you probably shouldn't be drinking it either.

Looks like you may need to order bottled water from somewhere else and send some local water samples to an independent test facility.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

BTW Op, since you're an open source advocate, check out David Steele; he's an ex-CIA agent who has a website,
'Open Source Everything'
There's numerous youtube videos available of interviews with him, good stuff.

www.phibetaiota.net...

Just caught that. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

It needs to be mentioned that tap water contains fluoride too which has the affect of 'dumbing down' the population.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Winnipeg has had this water problem off and on for close to a decade now if memory serves me correct.

No doubt it's rusty rotting city pipes loaded with bacteria, sludge, and gawd knows what else. I wouldn't jump to the idea that Sam Katz has worked up some conspiracy scheme, but who knows these days. You just can't trust anyone.

What you can do though, is shop around for a few companies that sell reverse osmosis systems, they'll come down and test your water for you too. You might even be able to take a sample of your water over to somewhere like the University of Manitoba to have it tested (for a small fee, maybe).

I was looking at purchasing a small sugar shack outside of the Dauphin area (as a second bugout place) a couple of years back and was recommended by the real estate agent to contact this one company that worked in the area. The guy spent an hour with me on the phone explaining about the high sodium problem with the water in that area of the province, how RO systems work, all of the services that they offer, and gave me a ball park price on what it would cost to run a new pump from the well and a new triple RO system in the house.

All in all the price would run about $5000, but keep in mind that cost was also including a new pump into the house and running a full lab test on the well water, etc to make sure it was still potable.

If you can afford it, perhaps it's time to seriously consider a triple RO system ? Not just a single system, but a triple one, or even a 5-stage system. Yearly maintenance will run you about $100 a year for filter changes (every 6 months or so), and that's about it.

I remember when I lived in the city years ago, the water would sometimes come out of the taps brown in the summer and it would be a day or two before it would run clear again.

I have a suspicion there's an algae problem going on (just like at Grand Beach every year) and the city's too damn cheap to remedy the problem, and won't admit it.

No doubt they're too busy spending every penny of the city's budget reworking friggin' road repairs all summer long.

As we Winterpeggers always say:

"Winnipeg only has two seasons - winter and construction."

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Providing drinking water polluted with substances beyond their allowed limits per liter is illegal. Urgent measurements are to be taken, immediately.

Anything else would be wrongdoing by the responsible party and would be fined.

File a complaint. Bring it to the media, if necessary. File a complaint to federal authorities, if there is no response in a reasonable time.

No person has to accept drinking water from their taps which doesn't fulfill the legal limits of pollution.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I had horrible stomach cramps and some vomiting along with the dreaded hot mustard squirts....don't think it's your water. There appears to be a stomach virus going around and yesterday my son ended up ill. We are in the United States some I'm thinking stomach bug....brown water may mean that their is a rupture in one of the pipes supplying water as it can turn brown on occasion.

The flip side of things is that sometimes private industry works better then state or city because they tend to remove the union part of the equation which sometimes leads to more productive work. But I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Is there a University nearby with a Microbiology Department? You could approach them with a sample, explaining that both of your dogs got sick and you felt sick, and although nothing has been reported in your area, you wondered if their 'top of the line facilities/equipment' might have a look-see. (You know, butter 'em up!)

I know someone said have the city test it, but maybe they do not want to divulge an issue? I would not say that to the University people-- they wouldn't want to get in the middle of something... probably. I'd just schmooze them about how they are probably more adept and thorough than some government entity! (That is something they will likely get on board with you about.)

Just thoughts.

One more thing... I've heard it said that sunlight purifies and energizes water. If you have a large glass container with a lid, perhaps boil it and let Ol' Sol do its thing afterwards?

edit on 10/14/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

top topics

join