It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your not 1% Neanderthal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

LUXUS
Scientists are now saying that earlier suggestions that neanderthals bread with us is incorrect, apparently we don't have the 1% neanderthal previously stated.

Neanderthal man did not, after all, leave his genes behind when he became extinct 40,000 years ago, according to a study that discredits the idea of the Neanderthals interbreeding with the ancestors of modern humans. The latest analysis of the Neanderthal genome has contradicted a study of 2010 that concluded there was limited interbreeding with Homo sapiens, suggesting there was a little bit of Neanderthal left in many people alive today

Then explain this...

God rest his Neanderthal soul....

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

As this is a really old thread...let me add that things have changed since then.

In my DNA test, it shows that I am 2.9% Neanderthal.

The other denial was a last-minute attempt to not readjust evolution again.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
There is nothing to say that the common DNA between Neanderthal and Us was not from a common ancestor previously. Both would have it so therefore it would look like we have DNA in common with neandethals...and when your talking 1 or 2% this is not that far out there. Hopefully further studies would shed some light on this...but it would seem hard to differentiate DNA in common and DNA descendant from...at least with current technology.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join