It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has A Lost Roman Legion Been Found In China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I just heard about the missing legion on a Youtube video about unsolved mysteries and then found this article about it. This is fascinating to me and hopefully everyone else.

Has A Lost Roman Legion Been Found In China?

badassdigest.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Afaik, there is written stories that would support this theory. Historical records of men fighting in roman formations with square shields who weren't asian. Problem is however that afaik there hasn't been that much of or any archeological evidence for that.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Familiar with this one. Falls into the category of enough evidence to be intriguing, but to little to be completely convincing. It is unlikely to ever be completely accepted or refuted and that's what gives it its tantalising quality. All the same its an enjoyable and entertaining subject. Thanks to you for posting it.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

There was an article in Nat Geo about this some years ago, there are some towns where their descendants live, as shown by DNA, and also cultural remnants. There is also the written accounts. Just goes to show how incomplete the archaeological record is.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Heritage Daily has got a brief article (considering 3 parts to be brief).
You can find about it at the link below

www.heritagedaily.com... art-1/9609

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Cinrad
reply to post by hotel1

There was an article in Nat Geo about this some years ago, there are some towns where their descendants live, as shown by DNA, and also cultural remnants. There is also the written accounts. Just goes to show how incomplete the archaeological record is.

I completely agree with you regarding the archaeological record. This one in particular strikes me as one that is unlikely to be conclusively proved because regardless of what other evidence is produced to support the lost legion theory, naysayers have the Silk Route argument.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
53BC the lost legion

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
cool. S&F

top topics

join