It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazis discovered the Treasure of Solomon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I cant believe there is no thread on this- it can only mean that by posting this info I'm violating some T&C......
if I am, please accept my apologies Mods but this info is unbelievable to me.....

From Jim Marrs "the Rise of the Fourth Reich"

BUT OTTO SKOR Z E N Y, dispatched by Himmler in early 1944, appar- ently had better luck. “The commando force reached Languedoc in early March 1944, and set up headquarters at the base of Montségur. Th ey spent a few days exploring the Cathar fortress and in reconnaissance of the surrounding mountains. They discovered remnants of what had once been a 3,000-step stairway which led from the castle to an exit in the val- ley below,” wrote Colonel Howard Buechner. Skorzeny, disdaining intellectual study of the problem over the trea- sure’s location, set about his work from the standpoint of a tactician. He quickly surmised that Rahn and the members of the 1943 expedition had looked in the obvious—and wrong—locations. The Germans promptly found a secret path used as an escape route for the Cathars during the siege of Montségur, which ended in March 1244, exactly seven hundred years earlier. “Skorzeny and his men scouted along this path and soon discovered what appeared to be an ancient trail leading into the higher mountains,” related Colonel Buechner. “At an undisclosed distance from Montségur they found a fortified entrance to a large grotto. Perhaps it was the grotto of Bouan, which was the last refuge of the Ca- thars after the fall of Montségur. Not far from this grotto was the moun- tain called La Peyre. Near the crest of this mountain was another grotto and in this cavern, it is said, they found the treasure.” On March 15, 1944, Skorzeny sent a one-word telegram to Berlin. It read: “Ureka [Eureka, or I have found it!].”

so there is documentation of the discovery of this treasure. here is the list:

According to Colonel Buechner, the treasure consisted of: Thousands of gold coins, some of which dated back to the early days of the Roman Empire and earlier. ◆ Items believed to have come from the Temple of Solomon, which included gold plates and fragments of wood that provided strong evidence that the partially decomposed relic was the fabled Ark of the Covenant. ◆ Twelve stone tablets bearing p re-runic inscriptions, which none of the experts w ere able to read. These items comprised the stone grail of the Germans and of Otto Rahn. ◆ A beautiful silvery cup with an emerald-like base made of what appeared to be jasper. Three gold plaques on the cup w ere in- scribed with cuneiform script in an ancient language. ◆ A large number of religious objects of various types, which were unidentifiable as to time and significance. However, there were many crosses from different periods, made of gold or silver and adorned with pearls and precious stones. ◆ An abundance of precious stones in all sizes and shapes.

this is more amazing to me than the Germans having atomic power or UFOs. the stuff that deals with legends is deep........ plus it makes "Raiders of the Lost Ark" based on a true story!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
And where is the evidence that any of this is true?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, Jim Marrs has an account here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We should get him to do a "Ask Me Anything" thread.

Very interesting stuff IandEye, I love reading about treasure!
edit on 12-10-2013 by tanda7 because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

LiveForever8
And where is the evidence that any of this is true?

in the book from which I quoted: "the Rise of the Fourth Reich" by Jim Marrs.....

we need better emoticons...
edit on 12-10-2013 by IandEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

The Bible is a book. Do you believe that to be complete truth?

Where is the log this supposed "Capt. Wilhelm Bernhart" claimed to have? And where is the hand-written letter of authenticity? And where are the photos?

I'm always sceptical of people who use pseudonyms.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

It's a great yarn but nothing more, no proof or evidence of the treasure since. Jim loves to spin a tale for a profit

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
No substance here
I was excited by the title..

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

miniatus
No substance here
I was excited by the title..

Miniatus, I agree. This is merely one man's book that makes a claim.

But let's look at this for a moment. We are dealing with things that happened a few generations ago. These people are mostly gone. Their ability to document and provide "proof" is very paltry compared to what we have to do it with today. Sure, they had cameras. But, we are also talking about the loosing side of a war here. We are talking about the losers.

It is commonly known that the victors re-write history as is necessary to best highlight their achievements. After all, look at our bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Let's try to find photographic proof of that. Guess what, the US Gov't has specifically labeled that as classified, to this day, some 60-70 years later.

I for one am fascinated by what cannot be proven. I find that the Nazi relation to historical and religious artifacts, not to mention the occult, is amazingly fascinating. I refuse to blindly accept the "official history" simply because it is what is given to me. Do I *believe* the above reference to what may have happened historically? No. Am I open to the possibility of it? Absolutely.

The point I am trying to make is, we cannot know the absolute truth here. Perhaps someday, when certain facts are discovered and vetted. So why bumble over intellectual superiority in the meanwhile? It is an interesting historical possibility, some of us find it fascinating. If you don't, cool. Let those of us that do discuss it.

Just be open minded. That's all. Don't believe, but don't disbelieve. There is no reason at this time to disbelieve. There is no "proof" that we should. Or that we shouldn't.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

LiveForever8
reply to post by IandEye

The Bible is a book. Do you believe that to be complete truth?

Where is the log this supposed "Capt. Wilhelm Bernhart" claimed to have? And where is the hand-written letter of authenticity? And where are the photos?

I'm always sceptical of people who use pseudonyms.

is this thread about me? I had no idea. I would have been more prepared if so......

we've all been lied to about practically everything since birth- I don't blame you for being skeptical.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

On the level
reply to post by IandEye

It's a great yarn but nothing more, no proof or evidence of the treasure since. Jim loves to spin a tale for a profit

lol....so if I downloaded it for free, does that mean its more true than if I'd paid for it...?

new topics

top topics

join