It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The incredible ego

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The ego is incredible. In this huge universe of life, we seem incredibly isolated from it all. I blame the ego, because I realize that I don't have time to worry about my communion and proximity to the world around me because I am so worried about my own life. That's the way it is, but it is still incredible and unbelievable. It seems hopeless when you consider that humans have enough trouble maintaining relationships with other humans much less other life forms. It just seems wasteful or something to be in this vast universe, yet have no contact or communication with it.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

The ego is our #1 enemy. Unless we defeat it and find peace within we are doomed to dwell this earth for many more lifetimes

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

The Ego is incredible!

When the Ego is understood and we are not blindly/ignorantly/unknowingly controlled by Ego, we can realize that Ego is a wonderful gift.

From All/One we originated.
Within/Without the All/One we dwell.
To the All/One we return.

The communion, contact, and communication from everything that you feel isolated from,.... the communion, contact, and communication is all that exists. We were that, we are that, and we will be that.

Oh brother of beautiful mind! Can you see that this relative-subjective "isolated" and egotistical human life is only a temporary gift? Only for a fleeting moment do we live this life. It is the communion and communication with All/One that we always were/are/will be. This individual human life is almost the greatest, non-permanent gift that we have.

Eternity of emanation from All/One/Source. Momentary gift of relative-subjective human life. It is this life in the 'now' that is meant to be treasured.

I am not trying to down-talk the grand splendor of all that is. However, in an almost similar concept,... what is more enjoyable and more of a treasure? The endless field of grass that grows everyday,... or the yellow flower that blossoms for only a brief moment?

May Peace be with you my dear brother.

edit on 10/12/13 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ego=problems; No ego=No problems.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Can you ellaborate a little bit more on that I kind of understand but its a little confusing

new topics

top topics

join