It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sugar and Blind Faith in Organized Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The two most destructive forces on planet Earth - sugar and blind faith in organized religion.

Sugar looks and tastes great.
Organized religion looks and feels great.

Sugar is addicting.
Organized religion is makes you feel specially chosen and welcome ... addicting.

Sugar - the more you absorb, the more damage is done to the body.
Blind faith in organized religion - the more you absorb, the more damage is done to the mind and soul.

Sugar withdrawals are hard on the body and mind.
Organized religion uses guilt to keep you 'believing', it's hard on the mind and soul.

Not all sugar is equal in causing damage to the body.
Not all organized religious beliefs are equal in causing damage to the brain and soul.
Some natural sugars are good for you.
Some beliefs in organized religion are good for you.
BUT ....
Sugar can kill the body.
Blind faith in organized religion can kill the soul and mind (common sense dies).
(and sometimes that blind faith kills other people)

I see people shoveling into their bodies massive amounts of sugar in their food, and they waddle around with layers of fat and inflammation issues and high blood pressure, etc. They become addicted to the sugar and cant' see the damage they are doing to themselves.

I see people shoveling into their minds massive amounts of ignorant errors based on blind faith in organized religious beliefs. They kill their common sense and they disallow any proven facts that run counter to their blind faith to enter their minds. Their brains shut down.

The similarities between the destructive forces of sugar and blind faith in organized religions are there for us to see. And yet, humans keep on destroying themselves with sugar and blind faith in organized religions. It's suicidal for the body, mind and soul.

That's my rant for today.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you were to call sugar.. another substance(which you cant according to T&C), you think that would suit it better?

I think it will!

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

S&F I'm in 100% agreement. A friend of mine had a really good point on sugar as well. He said it's perfectly acceptable to walk up to someone who smokes cigarettes, and tell tell them how unhealthy they are. People do that all the time, they say stuff like "thats gonna kill you one day" or some crap like that.
If you walk up to an obese person shoveling sour patch kids into their gullet by the handful and say the same thing, you will get a totally different response. It's an addiction to sugar, just like smoking is an addiction to nicotine, but obese people get so much sympathy.
My $0.2

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Fools. Nothing but fools marching to the pit of eternal death and torture.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So,sew, Mayor Bloomberg was looking further down the "time spiral line" by cutting down the sodas. Wait (Weight) until those who take care of their vessels have to pay for those who leave stretch marks in their bathtub. | read an article that read that the "avg. 'Merican" who drinks 'Diet' soft drinks put on an avg. of just over 13 lbs. of fat.

| find humor when they claim they are "big boned" yet a fat skeleton has never been found. Nah, they're just short for their weight.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

If someone wants to believe in something that can't be proven ... that's their right.

But to blindly believe in something that can be DISPROVEN .. that's another story. They can still buy it of course, but they've crossed the line into stupidity.

Take the folks who think the world is 6000 years old. They believe that because of blind faith in the Old Testament being a literal historical document. But the fact is, science has DISPROVEN that the world is 6000 years old. And no amount of showing people artifacts made by humans 20,000 years ago will get these people to change their blind faith in the organized religious notion that the world is 6000 years old. Even with proof staring them in the face.

They destroy their thinking ability because of an addiction to blind faith even in the face of evidence that runs contrary to it. Just like a person addicted to sugar destroys their ability to stop eating and killing themselves with the sugar.

That's my rant.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

I'm a sugar addict that hasn't had a 'hit' in 3 1/2 years. I don't dare. Now that I have autoimmune, any sugar intake is really taking a chance with my health. The closest I come to sugar intake is natural sugar in a banana. That's it.

I'd LUV to be able to eat a chocolate cake with fudge frosting .... the urge is powerful.
But I don't dare.

Sugar addiction. But I"m fighting it.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

S&F

Correct on both sugar and religion but I seem to remember that you are a Catholic. Can't get much more organized than that.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

olaru12
I seem to remember that you are a Catholic. Can't get much more organized than that.

I was RAISED Catholic.
I"m now 50+ years old and my religious/spiritual beliefs don't fit into any box.

top topics

join