It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Estate Agents are Da Debbil!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

ColoradoJens
reply to post by Advantage

Interesting. So you are heeding the advice of this devil and lambasting them as you do. You have every choice not to do what you are doing - you yourself have chosen this path. Why get so upset? Instead of getting angry at someone who makes suggestions (that is all they are) why not disagree and move on? Sell it yourself and see if your way is better than theirs. Pretty simple.

CJ

**sigh**

Anyway, off to do whatever it is I do. Feel free to carry on not reading the thread before posting folks.

edit on 10-10-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Advantage

SasquatchHunter

Lol. Sounds like you have a good realtor. Some of the replies here... The real estate agent and the seller have the same goal, to make money. Why would you not do simple things that make you money?
No one wants to see your house, they wanna see their house. Home purchase is one of the biggest financial decisions you can make. The Realtors job is to sell the house, which actually means help homebuyers overcome their objections to make a huge purchase. Maybe 1% of the time the home is exactly what the person wants in their head the other 99% the agent is needed to bring people out of their head an into reality. This is just sales 101.

ANd we are doing those things.
However, when I have professionally framed gravestone rubbings of certain authors and etc going down one hall on my 2nd floor.. and she says they need to go.. why?? I LIVE here. Im not listing it until this coming spring and they werent gaudy or horrible.. they cost more than the car she drives for Gods sake. THAT is what Im griping about.. what I said in my OP.

OK I get what you're saying. You have to change the way you view the situation. You have already made the decision to sell the house. Its not your house anymore.

If you had 5 identical houses in a row on one street, except one was painted lime green with $3,000 specialty paint and the other 4 were painted with $500 plain white, which houses do you think would sell first?

There would have to be a specific buyer for that lime green house. You would either have to wait for that buyer, or lower the price of that expensive paint job house to less than the other cheaper painted houses to give buyers an incentive to overlook that color that would only appeal to certain people.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I read the thread (sigh). You are upset someone who sells houses for a living told you what to do to make it more marketable. Not sure why you would be upset other than your feelings are hurt that a majority of homebuyers don't agree with your aesthetics. Carry on.

CJ

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

ColoradoJens

I read the thread (sigh). You are upset someone who sells houses for a living told you what to do to make it more marketable. Not sure why you would be upset other than your feelings are hurt that a majority of homebuyers don't agree with your aesthetics. Carry on.

CJ

I will be kind here and keep the pretentiousness to a minimum.

You arent in the market for a historic home and never have been. Our RE agent is not what we are accustomed to dealing with in the historic home market. IE.. she doesnt know squat. She is more upset with my decor than her huge mistake of suggesting pastel wall color in a room with tin ceiling and mahogany woodwork. Never bother with a agent with a monstrous dead thing hanging from a torture device around their neck... I have learned that now. And she has the low rent nerve to complain about a bear mount aka dead animals.. while wearing that thing. Oh the irony. If you had ever been in the historic home market, you would understand WHY we are unhappy with this agent. Its not the same as buying and selling a typical house. Just the minimum of research would have explained this to you before you posted what you did. We arent talking about selling on realtor.com.. YOU will probably never see our listing.. those who look for this type of house will. The details are important. Architecture, to period restorations, etc. My decor? Not so much. Ive bought and sold several older homes in several states. YOU would not agree with my aesthetics.. those with the cash and credit to buy it will, do and have. Your McMansion buyer doesnt care about the history, architecture, appropriate restorations, items related to the house's history that is included in sale and etc.
I believe you are posting unfriendly and condescending posts with no knowledge of what youre talking about... simply for the sake of it.

This IS the rant section. I will continue to rant about a fool giving me BAD advise and being more concerned with 7 framed rubbings rather than appropriate to period suggestions for restoration of this psychomanteum WE WERE IN when she pissed me off with her idiotic comments.

Okay.. NOW I will go wash a dog. If I dont.. the dogs at the park might bury him.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Somewhere there's a web site for real estate for sale that includes psychomanteums... and a knowing soul would jump on it!

That being said, I had a small house in a dicey neighborhood I tried to sell for a year and a half, during a down turn (I've perfected the ability to buy high and sell low :-P ). I tried everything, spent hours cleaning up after two toddlers, putting teddy bears on the bed in their tiny room, new (cheap) carpet throughout the whole house, everything.

Y'know when it finally sold? I put a turkey in the oven when I left for the Sunday showings and by the time I got back, dinner was almost ready and the whole house smelled like Gramma's on Thanksgiving! Cookies are probably a nice idea but subliminally subtle and a cliche. Knock 'em dead with Gramma Memories!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You sure make a lot of assumptions and you are very easily offended. Like I said at the beginning, do what you want. There are quite a few real estate agents out there. The opinion of one is just that. Get a different one that you like more and your problem is solved. If you always treat people who have a different opinion than you by speaking to me the way you did in your last post then I feel sorry for you. You know nothing about me and the houses I have lived in, bought and sold. But it is clear you think you do. Good luck and ease up. It does a body good.

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join