It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Blind Man Beaten On Phila. Street As Witnesses Look On

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I found the video rather disturbing. Especially considering how helpless the victim must have felt. Warning if you're sensitive to violence.

Philadelphia police have released surveillance footage they say shows an unidentified man knock a blind man to the ground and then proceed to kick and stomp on him as he lay helpless on the side of the road.

The video appears to show at least three witnesses who did not attempt to intervene.

I'm tired of the 'don't get involved' crowd. Unless you've got a gun in your face how can you just sit by while someone is beaten right in front of you? Especially a blind man. You couldn't at least pull the guy off and say that's enough and let him run away? You just gawk? Almost surprised no one pulled out a cell phone to get some internet fame for recording the beating.

I hope they catch this punk and lock his ass up for awhile though I doubt it will help.

Realize there's a chance the jackass was unaware the victim was blind, but wouldn't bet on it. Either way kicking someone when they're down, literally, is horribly low.

I also hope to see an outpouring of support from the community for the man that was assaulted. It's gotta be hard enough navigating your way around while legally blind as it is, but add the fear instilled by being randomly (presumably) assaulted and I wouldn't fault a man for being terrified to leave his house.

Link

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It's funny because the same people that get mad when they see this type of thing in Asia (where the MSM makes it seem like it happens all the time) will do the exact same thing here in America....nothing.

You see something...eff saying something...do something. Don't let your fellow human beings get overrun by the garbage that gets away with this crap. I swear, if I ever won the lottery, I would go vigilante on these cowardly idiots.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

reply to post by superman2012

It's funny because the same people that get mad when they see this type of thing in Asia (where the MSM makes it seem like it happens all the time) will do the exact same thing here in America....nothing.

Not all of us, but too many.

You see something...eff saying something...do something. Don't let your fellow human beings get overrun by the garbage that gets away with this crap.

Agreed. We should all be willing to throw out the trash.

I swear, if I ever won the lottery, I would go vigilante on these cowardly idiots.

I'm down. Sometimes people need a good skull cracking.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This kind of crap INFURIATES me. Of course, we don't know the context of what is going on, but it is STILL no excuse. If that man is blind, it makes it even worse. I am a small female and I would have done SOMETHING....at LEAST called attention to it or called 911...those "men" standing there make me ill. I would have gotten him help. not stand there like a freaking MORON.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'll tell you, I used to think that one should get involved. About a year ago a guy was just dumping trash down on the street and I asked him to stop etc. He said, "you got guts risking you life to ask me to stop...." He said quite a bit more and I thought, he's right. The reason people are hesitating is something has changed in the last few years, I'm just a likely to be gunned down by a cop as the burglar. I'm just as likely to be sued or arrested for helping as the guy doing the attacking. 10, 20, 30 years ago I would be outraged at those standing by, but honestly, the world went upside down while I was sleeping.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

–Martin Luther King, Jr.
He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

–Seneca
The point is, not how long you live, but how nobly you live.

edit on 9-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added a quote and format

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

StealthyKat
reply to post by Domo1

This kind of crap INFURIATES me. Of course, we don't know the context of what is going on, but it is STILL no excuse. If that man is blind, it makes it even worse. I am a small female and I would have done SOMETHING....at LEAST called attention to it or called 911...those "men" standing there make me ill. I would have gotten him help. not stand there like a freaking MORON.

Very true we don't know the context. I mean it's possible the blind guy is a drug dealer or something. It's also very possible he doesn't 'look' blind.

Still, as you said, no excuse. You don't knock someone down and start kicking them while they're helpless.

Would have been nice to see someone do SOMETHING. At least get on the phone or run somewhere to use one.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Right! I mean 911 at the very least, and let the police sort it out and possibly save his life.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

You make a fair point. I suppose the jackass could be a well known local thug and letting him beat on someone for a minute made more sense than getting shot. I'm not sure which scenario pisses me off more.

I'm furious that there are people who would ignore a fellow human being, and furious that there are places where that's the smart thing to do.

I want to live in a country where anyone can walk down the street without fear of being accosted by a fellow countryman and where people will come to your aid should you be. Tired of carrying a gun, tired of reading about this crap, tired of people allowing it. The good and kind folks that I believe make up the vast majority need to band together and ship off the hoodlums, rapists and murderers. We need another Australia.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Domo1 because: Added the stuff in the because I always feel like I sound sarcastic after reading my posts

new topics

top topics

join