It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN caused cholera in Haiti and covered it up, lawsuit says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Mods if this is in the wrong spot, please move. I also want to mention that there are some articles on ATS concerning Haiti but I don't think any address the lawsuit issue and the UN's alleged immunity from responsibility.

CollapseNET
NBC News

The suit will be filed in Manhattan federal court on Wednesday despite the U.N.’s longstanding immunity to all legal claims of wrongdoing.

The U.N. has cited its immunity, and has not accepted responsibility for the epidemic, even though medical experts – including members of an independent panel appointed by the U.N. -- agree that the disease was probably introduced by U.N. peacekeepers. During an interview in Port-au-Prince Monday, a top U.N. official repeatedly refused to answer questions from NBC News’ Chief Medical Editor Dr. Nancy Snyderman about whether the U.N. was to blame.

“I can’t answer that question,” said Sophie de Caen, senior country director for the United Nations Development Programme. “It’s an ongoing legal case and it’s something that needs to be discussed with the U.N. legal office in New York.”

Well, maybe this lawsuit will fly, maybe it won't. I guess it rests on the evidence and whether or not the UN can be made to be responsible for their actions or negligence. In this case I imagine criminal negligence because I haven't heard anyone say the UN actually had a plan to introduce Choldera to Haiti, but they might have had a plan.

Personally, I think any organization that claims immunity for it's actions, whether they are criminal or negligent should be simply outlawed and shut down. Oh wait, that means we'd have to shut down the governments, the international bankers and a host of NGO's.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/9.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: word on

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This looks bad.

However, I'm fairly confident they will worm out of this. We are talking about the future global Government here.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

JayinAR
This looks bad.

However, I'm fairly confident they will worm out of this. We are talking about the future global Government here.

Yes I agree, re. the worming out of responsibility, but as far as future global government, screw 'em. They have about as much credibility as the FED or the BOC or the BIS. I think we'll see institutions similar to the UN crop up to form the global government that can be merged through corporate instruments and the UN will be called the "defective model." The new and improved model will be directly controlled by corporations and unelected officials to form an easy cookie-cutter model of totalitarianism and fascism for the entire world.

Oh wait, we already have the model, it's called the European Union. Can you say, "Where did that 2 trillion dollars go?" Sure knew ya could ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yeah. Sure.

And the UN is responsible for the earthquake too...right???

How about the ebola in Africa?

Or the diabetes in New Orleans?

So...the UN is responsible for all acts of God now?
So...logic would dictate that-
THE UN IS GOD!?!?!?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

I sure as hell hope biological warfare, or terrorism, isn't considered an "act of god".

That's one hell of a slippery slope you just fell down.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Don't forget Haiti is a nation that has almost entirely stripped itself of trees, has under 40% farmable land, under 50% literacy rate (Thats...umm.. saying something. Most nations with those numbers just treat women less than human. Haiti has it's number on literacy pretty evenly split.)

They also enjoy Dengue Fever and Typhoid a bit more than is desirable by even the developing world. The people live in rubble, despite the flood of money poured in from around the world since the 2010 quake. It's amazing....in a real bad way. The Indonesians and others after the Tsunami just got to work and rebuilt as far as I've understood it?

I think with 9 million on that little chunk of rock, a good part of them leaving is what will help Haiti. They're working on that though... Immigration rate is a ..umm.. Negative -5.5 per 1,000.

CIA may not be good for much we like? They are master artists at busy body statistics keeping though. World class...lol.. literally. CIA Factbook for Haiti

I think the UN could screw up a simple food program....and (thinking of Somalia)..never mind. They do. Frequently. I wonder if Haiti would prefer the world just sent them a postcard and best wishes the next time they have a major major disaster like the quake tho? Cholera was predictable and not unknown to them before the UN came around.

They are making lemonade out of rotten lemons tho....

New studies show cholera emerging as a driver of progress in public health in Haiti

That seemed an encouraging thing to share.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I actually don't think that the UN should be able to be sued for this. Anytime someone tries to help they should be immune from lawsuits, even if something unexpected or terrible happens as in this case. The Spanish people can live symbiotically with a lot of microbes that others cannot tolerate, their ancestors have spread disease that wiped out civilizations because of that. This ability to live with dangerous diseases is a plus for them. It is a good immunity for their people, but bad for others. You cannot hold that against them. There are people in this country that can eat food containing bad bacteria with no ill effects but others wind up in the hospital. Some people can live with pneumonia as a symbiotic ally but it can hurt others. Are we going to start suing anyone that gives us a cold or the flu? Are we going to start suing another customer because they handled a fruit in the store without gloves.

We live and because we live we will die. Hopefully we will not be sick before we die. I see a lot of people who have cancer nowadays. The reasons for the uptick in cancer has many causes. If our bodies are strong we can fight it. If we avoid attractants in food it will help. They mess up our cravings. A little won't hurt you but eating attractants every day is a no no. Believe it or not, our DNA along with it's junk can help us survive. There can be up to a terabyte of info stored on every chromosome. Every muscle in our body has different information attached. Every skin location has different information, your fingerprints can grow back to their original prints. We are a very complex and intelligent animal, don't concentrate on your genetic flaws, we all have some and they are all different.

Sorry for getting so off topic. S&F

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

JayinAR

I sure as hell hope biological warfare, or terrorism, isn't considered an "act of god".

That's one hell of a slippery slope you just fell down.

I find it far fetched that the UN would ever even have to introduce any disease to this country...the conditions are ripe in Haiti for any insect and blood or food borne illness...how could anyone tie an outbreak to intentional introduction??? They don't have the resources to quell an outbreak...so they would be putting their own at risk ...and why??? Why would the UN do this??? What Geo-political outcome would they hope for???

If it's proven...without a shadow of doubt...that UN workers intentionally sickened a nation...then I will absolutely stand corrected. However, Occam"s razor may apply to this situation.

Sounds like a plot to a bad Bond film.

top topics

join