It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Say No to Debt Ceiling Increase: Poll Result

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

A new Fox News poll shows that a majority of American voters--58 percent--would vote "no" on raising the debt ceiling. Only 37 percent of American voters would vote to raise the debt ceiling.

An even bigger majority--62 percent--would only vote to raise the debt ceiling after "major cuts in government spending."

Only one in four Americans--27 percent--says that it would be "reckless" even to debate not raising the debt ceiling.

The poll, conducted by a bipartisan team of polling firms surveying 952 registered voters on land lines and cell phones, was conducted on Oct. 1 and Oct. 2. The margin of error is 3 percent.

We Are All Tea Partiers Now: Americans Say No to Debt Ceiling Increase

With the government taking in around $2.5 trillion in tax revenues, why not just limit spending to that ?

Or does that screw up the corruption and foreign banking interests ?

Eventually the demand for U.S. Treasury securities is going to wither and interest rates will go sky high.

Big trouble coming.

edit on Oct-09-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

xuenchen

A new Fox News poll shows that

Stopped reading right there...

Lets try this

Fox News Poll: Romney Now Ahead in Florida | Fox News
www.foxnews.com...

ROMNEY LOST FLORIDA

Fox News poll: Romney up by two points in Virginia
www.foxnews.com...

ROMNEY LOST VIRGINIA

Ad infinium....

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

xuenchen, you should add this chart to your post.

www.weeklystandard.com...

The big debtor nations who have been in the news with rumblings of bankruptcy vs the USA.

Spain - $18,395
Portugal - $19,989
France - $33,491
Greece - $38,937
Italy - $40,475
Ireland - $43,887
USA - $44,215
NOTE: Under Predient Obama's plan, gross debt allone would reach $75,000 per capita by 2022.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Again with the silly right wing arguments about balancing budgets and what not.

Like you're talking about the family's budget.

So naive.

So childish.

1. Dude, you can't balance the budge when every single dollar in existence in circulation is owed back at interest to the private banks the conjured it out of thin air by lending it.

Much of those dollars owed by the government (public debt).

2. Government spending is all that's keeping your economy (and everyone else's, for that matter) going, such that it is.

You are almost comical in your self-destructive yearnings.

3. The government won't cut back on the onerous and usurious interest it pays the banks that issue its money out of thin air (which the Congress was constitutionally explicitly endowed with the power to do, see section 8, powers of congress).

It will cut back on essential and socially useful spending and programs.

But that is what you want, isn't it?

All you people really want is to see the world burn, isn't it?
edit on 2013/10/9 by Pejeu because: (no reason given)

edit on 2013/10/9 by Pejeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

It depends on what news media you read. the polls flipflop. I would go with Rasmussen Reports (at least they list the questions.) I know enough statistics to have a very jaundiced view on polls and consider How to Lie with Statistics a classic. I have a couple copies in my library.

Voters expect Congress and President Obama to reach an agreement to raise the government’s debt ceiling by October 1, but they’re evenly divided over whether that’s a good idea. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 73% of Likely U.S. Voters think it’s at least somewhat likely that the debt ceiling will be raised before the federal government begins defaulting on its debts. This includes 44% who feel it’s Very Likely....
www.rasmussenreports.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
A conservative entity getting poll results that support a conservative ideology. Who would've thought? I see we're still playing team sports here. Red team or blue team, blue team or red team. It would be funny if it wasn't so damn scary.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The simple mathematical fact is that the debt ceiling must be raised to support the debt based system they have created. It's a debt based system for a reason, it needs a continuous flow of debt to maintain liquidity and if they stop injecting more debt into the system it will collapse and thus the petrodollar and world reserve currency will collapse with it.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Pejeu
It will cut back on essential and socially useful spending and programs.

But that is what you want, isn't it?
Yes, this is exactly what a lot of people want. Let's never waste an opportunity to stomp the poor further into the ground.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder
The simple mathematical fact is that the debt ceiling must be raised to support the debt based system they have created. It's a debt based system for a reason, it needs a continuous flow of debt to maintain liquidity and if they stop injecting more debt into the system it will collapse and thus the petrodollar and world reserve currency will collapse with it.

Lol, wut?

I could think of more then one mathematical solution that doesn't involve raising the debt ceiling. Okay, closer to a dozen different mathematical solutions.

The problem is that every solution involves spending cuts, and that appears to be a big no-no.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Lol, wut?

See: True Money: Part II

The problem is that every solution involves spending cuts, and that appears to be a big no-no.

Like Pejeu said, we're not talking about the family budget here...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Pejeu

Many Americans have had it.

Too many people are catching on to the gag.

They're tired of working for the corporations and foreign interests.

That's the issue.

How long did you think it was going to be before the sham was exposed ?

Lately, it sounds like the loudest screamers are not Americans !!!

Maybe you stand more to lose. The U.S. population can fend for itself just fine.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder
See: True Money: Part II

Would you be offended if I told you that I chuckled the first time I read part 1?

Like Pejeu said, we're not talking about the family budget here...

Please enlighten me as to how my solutions relate to a family budget?...especially as I have never given my actual solutions....

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I agree that most all Americans are tired of the BS.

But lets look at the BS.

Why does Michelle Obama have 22 aides when most of the other first ladies only had 1 but some two, In the tune of 1.6 million dollars per year

See the Aides and pay

www.truthorfiction.com...

Why are we giving out foreign aide to 180 countries in the tune of 55 Billion per year, sure that is only 1.5 percent of our budget that we can not afford

Why are they paying defense contractors money before the project are finished in the sum of 950 Billion, I don't pay any service unless its performed or I have a product in hand.

Why off all a sudden did OBAMA sign into law the Anti Free Speech act that can be enforced by the secret service?
Free Speech Law

Why is congress and Obama still getting paid, cut off there food, water, and evict them from the white house and the capital hill, WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO NOT VOTE FOR ANY OF THOSE IN DC THE NEXT ELECTIONS, LETS GET A NEW GROUP OF PEOPLE

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The secret is coming out.

The world won't burn if the debt ceiling is not raised.

Moody's is even saying it won't be the end of the world.

www.washingtonpost.com...-dc00-41d8-92cb-327c5c814d82

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Here are the options...

(A) The GOP will either cave altogether and raise the Debt Ceiling or accept some inconsequential token and tout it as victory and Raise the debt Ceiling..

OR

(B) We default and enter a second recession/likely depression given our economic fragility.

That is simple economics 101.

There is no 3rd option.

If the President affirms the tactic of taking the economy hostage by giving them their demands, he changes the way our democracy works. He validates the tactic for all administrations to come...GOP, Dem, 3rd party whatever..Laws passed and upheld by the SCOTUS? Garbage...Votes in Congress? who cares....just wait until the debt ceiling and take the economy hostage...perpetual crisis and instability.

That's it...that's the bottom line...default and depression or the GOP puts down the gun it's holding to Americans heads.

Partisanship aside...Default is worse for our economy than the mortgage crisis. This is no joke. It's not the place to score political points or engage in BS.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pejeu

So you solution to this would be just keep borrowing and spending.

While I agree with you stance that currency is fiat. You must realize that the monetization of debt is not just fueled by the printing presses at the fed. It is held in bond by many other different countries, because US treasuries are "safe", well as soon as they become unsafe, they will be dropped like a hot potato, and then there will be noting that you can do.

it is simple economics. Your in a catch 22. and it does not matter what you do, the result will be the same.

UNLESS. you do what iceland did, and offer to pay in fish.

seriously, that's what they did.

Now they are in better shape than any other country in Europe.

This is no longer about balancing a budget I agree. I have the feeling that all of this is just a mechanism to get into the inevitable. sooner rather than later. Obama is on the way out. is this last, the S will HTF on a Republican watch. and they do not want that. That is why they are pressing the issue now, so that the sheeps will see it as BO's problem. Even thought this ball was set in motion in 1913, and has been exasperated by the bankers since, then, but also, from way before.

Either way, it's not good. But please don't pretend the party can last forever. I know its scary, but you have to face the reality of the true which you profess.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Pejeu
Again with the silly right wing arguments about balancing budgets and what not.

Like you're talking about the family's budget.

So naive.

So childish....

It is not the American people who will be holding the gun to the head of the US government it is China, Russia, Brazil and South Africa aka BRICS

1. Why has the USA dodged the hyperinflation bullet?
Because the US dollar is the World Reserve Currency
www.creditwritedowns.com...

2. Is there any gold left in Ft Knox?
No one knows least of all the government but it looks like there is no good deliverable gold left.
How Much Gold Remains In Fort Knox?

3. Who is stockpiling gold?
India, China and Russia
After India, Now China Catches Gold Bug
Putin Turns Black Gold to Bullion as Russia Outbuys World

4. Will the US retain world reserve currency status?
China Maneuvers to Take Away US’ Dominant Reserve Currency Status

Putin Ditches Dollar, Backs Euro, Putin - Euro should be World's Reserve Currency
PRAVDA: Dollar crisis and the coming collapse of US global hegemony

Australia Enters Direct Currency Trading Agreement With China

After the 'Cyprus' Haircut Russia got really P.O. BRICS Nations Plan New Bank to Bypass World Bank, IMF

U.S. goes after BRIC nations to save the dollar hegemony after failure in Syria

The diplomatic battle over what to do in Syria may be on hold for the time being, but the core conflict in the battle to save the petrodollar is still in play. On Sept. 13, a former head trader at the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) provided new insight to the recent pull down of precious metals and the sudden currency crisis taking place in the nation of India. In his update, the man known as the Guerrilla Economist believes that when the U.S. failed to secure domination over events in the Syrian civil war, they and their Western partners began an all out economic attack on the BRIC nations, and their plans to replace the dollar with a new reserve currency....

How does the IMF view US debt?
U.S. Fiscal Policy: A Tough Balancing Act

In 2010, the IMF projected an unsustainable trajectory for public debt—the federal government debt ratio could reach levels unseen since the Second World War (close to 100 percent of GDP). Since then, Congress passed several pieces of legislation―one of which led to the events that brought about the sequester. Today, the projections look markedly better (see chart). The federal debt in 2020 is now anticipated to be about 20 percentage points below what it was projected to be back in 2010. Despite the substantial improvement, the long-term outlook remains challenging. This is because of the impact of population aging, rapid growth in health care costs, and the anticipated increase in interest rates. Spending on Social Security and major health care programs, even considering the recent slowdown, is expected to increase by close to 2 percentage points of GDP over the next decade. A similar increase is projected for net interest outlays, as interest rates gradually normalize. Hence, with no further actions to raise revenues and reduce entitlement spending, the public debt ratio would start rising again―and this time, from a relatively high starting point.

Then there is who is interested in buying US debt. Again from the IMF

At the same time, countries with high debt and low investor base risk, which include Germany, Japan, and the United States, did not face similar market pressures despite their high projected levels of debt, while countries with low debt and low investor base risk, which include Australia, Canada, and Sweden, became the “new safe haven” countries during this period.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

peck420
Would you be offended if I told you that I chuckled the first time I read part 1?

Lol would you like for me to be offended? If you think I'm wrong then you will need to present a logical argument against my position.

peck420
Please enlighten me as to how my solutions relate to a family budget?

I never said your solutions relate to the family budget. You didn't offer any solutions. I was referring to your statement about making cuts to the budget. Within a debt based system it doesn't matter how many cuts you make to the budget, it's impossible to ever reach a completely balanced budget because all money in existence demands to be serviced.
edit on 9/10/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Indigo5

Here are the options...

(A) The GOP will either cave altogether and raise the Debt Ceiling or accept some inconsequential token and tout it as victory and Raise the debt Ceiling..

OR

(B) We default and enter a second recession/likely depression given our economic fragility.

That is simple economics 101.

There is no 3rd option.

If the President affirms the tactic of taking the economy hostage by giving them their demands, he changes the way our democracy works. He validates the tactic for all administrations to come...GOP, Dem, 3rd party whatever..Laws passed and upheld by the SCOTUS? Garbage...Votes in Congress? who cares....just wait until the debt ceiling and take the economy hostage...perpetual crisis and instability.

That's it...that's the bottom line...default and depression or the GOP puts down the gun it's holding to Americans heads.

Partisanship aside...Default is worse for our economy than the mortgage crisis. This is no joke. It's not the place to score political points or engage in BS.

We're in a recession NOW! Perhaps a depression, NOW. If we don't raise the debt ceiling, all that'll happen is you progressives will be able to talk honestly about the economy and be on the same page as the rest of us!

(Welcome to the Tea Party)

lolz

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join