It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution of Animals

page: 1

join
share:
AF1

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There was a program on last night on the Discovery channel that was looking at what animals may be like in the future. I wanted to watch it, but forgot all about it and was doing something else. Just curious if anyone else caught it and what their thoughts on it were.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Not sure if it's the same one...

I remember carnivorous kangaroos, and cat-like monkeys, but that's about it...

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I saw it. The title is "The Future is Wild". It was pretty cool, although I have already seen it earlier this year on Animal Planet. I thought the animals were pretty cool though, especially the land squids and the spiders that collect seeds for the small mammals, so they can fatten them up and eat them.

You can check out the site here:

www.thefutureiswild.com...

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
but similar concept...funky...

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i saw "The Future is Wild" earlier this year. it was really cool.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
man i bet that looks weird

hehe carnivorous kangeroos - kinda like Skippy crossed with a T-Rex

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yea, I saw it. The land squids were awesome. This big squid was trying to eat these little squid looking things, and the little squid things would swing from tree to tree like monkeys and they were veryyyyy smart.

[Edited on 20-5-2003 by CindyPants]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It was an interesting show.I think they are using their imaginations a little too much.Just when you think we have figured nature out,she will throw you a curve ball.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Some of their predictions are a little out there.

They should do another show like this, only this time showing a world where humans do exist and thrive. In 200 million years we as humans would dramatically change the face of the earth, the oceans included.

All though, now that I think about it, we probably will have elminated evolution by then due to our vast experiments with genetic engineering.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kraken
I saw it. The title is "The Future is Wild". It was pretty cool, although I have already seen it earlier this year on Animal Planet. I thought the animals were pretty cool though, especially the land squids and the spiders that collect seeds for the small mammals, so they can fatten them up and eat them.

You can check out the site here:

www.thefutureiswild.com...

Great link, Kraken!

Cheers mate!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Very interesting, cant wait to see what birds evolve into

new topics

top topics

join