It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House, IRS exchanged confidential taxpayer info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
dailycaller.com...

Ingram attempted to counsel the White House on a lawsuit from religious organizations opposing Obamacare’s contraception mandate. Email exchanges involving Ingram and White House officials — including White House health policy advisor Ellen Montz and deputy assistant to the president for health policy Jeanne Lambrew — contained confidential taxpayer information, according to Oversight.
The emails provided to Oversight investigators by the IRS had numerous redactions with the signifier “6103.”
Section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code forbids a federal employee from “disclos[ing] any return or return information obtained by him in any manner in connection with his service as such an officer or an employee.”

So we now have proof that upper level White House officials and IRS staff have broken the law. While this fell under the investigation for the IRS politically targeting non-profit groups, the article was unclear if this batch of emails was related directly to that topic.
I have 2 points to make here. First of all, that I don't expect to see the 5 year sentence imposed on any of those involved in this. We have a 2 tier system of law in this country, and I expect everyone involved to not only skate on these charges, but get promoted for them. Ingram was promoted from the IRS department handling Non profit groups to head the new office for enforcement of Obamacare.
Secondly, I am sick and tired of the "friendly" politics involved in these investigations. When Ingram was questioned about whether she knew of any documents that contained confidential taxpayer information, she responded with the "I don't recall...", even with those emails sitting as evidence in front of her. Holder lied to Congress about Fast and Furious, and there were a lot of "I don't knows" and "I don't recall" even though evidence later proved he was lying. The director of the NSA lied to a congressional commitee about the range of surveillance, and when questioned about it later he said he had answered the question in the least dishonest manner possible. Seriously, I want somebody on the congressional commitee to walk over, smack them in the head and say "how stupid do you think we, or the American people are? Now answer the GD question!"
Seriously, how can we expect our country to get any better if we allow these farces of testimony and investigation continue?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCypher

Maybe that is why Obama doesn't want to negotiate with the House right now....

It keeps crap like this out of the news.

To be clear, this isn't crap that shouldn't be in the news. It is just crap that the Administration will do this sort of thing.

edit on 9-10-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Just an update here... This Lambrew woman is likely the most powerful person in the WH concerning Obamacare.

So lets see here... The IRS and this woman are colluding to target taxpayers. And they both have responsibilities in Obamacare? And folks wonder why so many of us are against Obamacare for a long list of reasons.

Plus, out of Ingram’s 165 White House visits, Lambrew hosted 155 of them.

The WH declined comment.

Most powerful White House Obamacare official at center of IRS scandal

Jeanne Lambrew, deputy assistant to the president for health policy, entered Obama-world in 2008 as a health-policy adviser to then-Senator Obama’s presidential campaign. She was subsequently named deputy director and then director of the Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) now-defunct Office of Health Reform, where she reported directly to Kathleen Sebelius.

Lambrew’s current “deputy assistant to the president” position, while modest-sounding, gives her extensive and centralized power over the White House’s efforts to implement Obamacare.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: QuantumCypher

Documents Show HHS Used IRS to Push Obamacare, Use of Confidential Taxpayer Information Raises Legal Questions

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch today announced it received two production of documents, 77 pages and 108 pages, from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) revealing the Obama IRS coordinated with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Obama White House Behavioral Sciences “Team” in a $5 million program to pressure Americans to sign up for Obamacare. The documents also contain inter-agency agreements between the IRS and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) devised to circumvent potential legal prohibitions on unauthorized disclosure or inspection of taxpayer information collected by the IRS.

The documents were produced under court order in an April 2017 Judicial Watch Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the IRS and HHS filed after agencies failed to respond to November 2016 FOIA requests ...

new topics

top topics

join