It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real-life 'Iron Man' suit commissioned by US military

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Hell to the YES, I want one!!!

Robot / Mech Suit battles.... :: Drools :: Every young boys fantasy turned reality!!!

This is the ultimate if SHTF preparedness survival suit!!!

Daddy wants one!!! Think I can get one on silk road, or is that just for narcotics!!! LMAO!!!

edit on 9-10-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yes, it would be cool to own one of these suits, but that's fantasy. Everybody wants to be invisible or super-strong.

But to put this into a military perspective isn't "deep existential discussion" as it is actively being pursued by said military, and supported by an audience who literally can't wait to get their hands on them.

With great power comes great responsibility, no? I wouldn't imagine the US military would be a great deal of responsible with these.

Let's be a bit real, here. Besides, the government found another way to justify military spending. That's a +1 for them, and a -10 for you! It's flawless.
edit on 9-10-2013 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Bassago

It's really not that big of a deal or an earth shattering topic, just cool tech. I don't think anyone was expecting deep existential discussions on the subject and I just asked the question "Does anyone want one of these suits?"

So do you want one or not? ...I'm thinking you don't.

You don't just ask "does anyone want one of these suits" by putting the thread in the "military projects" conspiracy section of ATS. I'm sure there are other forums for that - for instance, "science and technology".

Besides, it may not be a "big topic" now, but isn't that how it all starts? People mess with drones in their backyards, no big deal, right? Just cool tech!

www.policymic.com...

right...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yeah, I don't think anyones built an ARC reactor yet that would power something like this but maybe until we do it could be more of a localized asset. Something like this could be connected or kept close to a local power source for now. It would certainly have helped if the guards at Benghazi would have had this tech.
edit on 837pm0909pm22013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

xxdaniel21

Bassago

It's really not that big of a deal or an earth shattering topic, just cool tech. I don't think anyone was expecting deep existential discussions on the subject and I just asked the question "Does anyone want one of these suits?"

So do you want one or not? ...I'm thinking you don't.

You don't just ask "does anyone want one of these suits" by putting the thread in the "military projects" section of ATS. I'm sure there are other forums for that.

Besides, it may not be a "big topic" now, but isn't that how it all starts? People mess with drones in their backyards, no big deal, right? Just cool tech!

www.policymic.com...

Who made you king of the military projects forum?
I'm sure if the mods think it needs to be moved they will do so. I have no issue with that.

My question still stands, do you want one or not?

eta - Opps sorry see that you answered above.
edit on 839pm1818pm22013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Limited infiltrations and exfils would be possible with this tech. But sustained combat operations are still a ways off.

There have been major advancements in battery technology that could be used here, I suppose we will see in time, but the current market for electrical storage and distribution is limited.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I want one that works.

But I don't know what I would use it for on a blackhawk. The only thing I could see would be a Heads Up Display in my flight helmet to help me monitor fuel consumption, power management, aircraft attitude, torque, speed, and winds. I could also use it in emergency procedure management, cautionary warning displays, and other vehicle health management that would be very beneficial to my job as a crewchief. I could also use that liquid body armor technology as it would relieve my back from having to wear heavy ceramic and kevlar armor.
edit on 9-10-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

projectvxn
reply to post by Bassago

I want one that works.

But I don't know what I would use it for on a blackhawk. The only thing I could see would be a Heads Up Display in my flight helmet to help me monitor fuel consumption, power management, aircraft attitude, torque, speed, and winds. I could also use it in emergency procedure management, cautionary warning displays, and other vehicle health management that would be very beneficial to my job as a crewchief. I could also use that liquid body armor technology as it would relieve my back from having to wear heavy ceramic and kevlar armor.
edit on 9-10-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Seems to me (at least for now) it would be worthwhile in holding secure locations, CP's and the like. Who would want to attack a squad of bulletproof armor plated marines or army infantry guys who are on perimeter duty?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My Imaginary man on the moon!

Do you all understand what you're rooting for?

Anything electronic an at that wireless is able to:

A, Malfunction
B, Be remotely operated via 3rd party intrusion
C, Be easily used as a weapon once it's reversed engineered.

Luckily, energy an a portable energy source at that is their biggest issue, an I hope the people who have the knowlege to make that energy needed understand that they cannot pass such info to these morons with guns.
Our military has jets that crash into oceans, houses, other places not runways, we have gangs, coruption, incompetence, and angry personnel.

Why on earth would we want to add yet another means to usher in our destruction or enslavement?!?!?!

How bout we spend some money are making us all more competent, able bodied and possibly an infusion of common sense. But I understand this to be such a far fetched wish that I will crawl back into my story book fairy tale now, an we all lived dumb an enslaved, the end.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Not the king of the "military projects" forum.

It would just be idiotic to put chalk and cheese together i guess... It would be more efficient to put the bread in the bakery section of the supermarket instead of the dairy...

A discussion is what putting a thread in this forum is actually asking for... and i'm putting one forward.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

We have heavily armed MRAPs doing stuff like that these days and people are still dumb enough to attack it.

They are dumb enough to shoot at Apaches too, we all know what happens when you shoot one of those...They tend to shoot back.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Tranceopticalinclined
My Imaginary man on the moon!

Do you all understand what you're rooting for?

Anything electronic an at that wireless is able to:

A, Malfunction
B, Be remotely operated via 3rd party intrusion
C, Be easily used as a weapon once it's reversed engineered.

Maybe so but we also have:
A. Version 2.0, 3.0 etc
B. We have good firewalls for that
C. ... OK but that's the way of all tech.

I hope the people who have the knowlege to make that energy needed understand that they cannot pass such info to these morons with guns.
Our military has jets that crash into oceans, houses, other places not runways, we have gangs, coruption, incompetence, and angry personnel.

Having been raised in the military and having been in the military I have a lot of faith in them. It's the politicians you need to worry about.

How bout we spend some money are making us all more competent, able bodied and possibly an infusion of common sense. But I understand this to be such a far fetched wish that I will crawl back into my story book fairy tale now, an we all lived dumb an enslaved, the end.

I want NASA to build a warp capable starship too but until we get the tech we need I'd settle for one that flies around the solar system.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

xxdaniel21
reply to post by Bassago

It would just be idiotic to put chalk and cheese together i guess... It would be more efficient to put the bread in the bakery section of the supermarket instead of the dairy...

A discussion is what putting a thread in this forum is actually asking for... and i'm putting one forward.

Good grief.

It's a project, for the military and I asked a question related to it. Just because you didn't like the question is irrelevant. Nobody said it couldn't be discussed.

All hail and feel free to "put away."

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

benrl

peck420
Unless it comes with Jarvis, an extremely high powered reactor, and flight...it's just body armour.

Sadly, it has far more in common with Mjolnir then Iron Man.

Yes lets all nerd out over which type of Power Armor the new commissioned military power armor is most like.

ITS G.D. Power armor thats all I care about.

That's the greatest thing I've heard all day!

You brought a tear to my eye sir, that was great.

Sarcasm at it's best keep up the good work...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Bassago
As a huge Warhammer 40K and Space Marine fan I don't care if it flies or not.

I just want my own suit of power armor.

Besides it falls under the 2nd amendment so we get to have it.

Aye but what would the tax stamp on that thing run

Would be awesome tho...

Grim

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think there was a TALOS tradeshow video, at least someone was running around with a big camera rig. The bits and pieces that were there weren't quite what is in the project pitch, at least not yet.

Maybe we need to re-investigate that sapphire/Ti laminate armor I wanted to work on. It was really expensive to make test material though.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

Eh..wars aren't going anywhere the sooner you understand there will always be one somewhere the sooner you can Deal with it.

As far as the suits go I will take two please.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone in government is even questioning the money spent on these projects. It seems that technology in the military costs more than all the payroll. I wouldn't want one of those suits. Too hard to go to the bathroom.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
They did make a video. Behold!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

rickymouse
Too hard to go to the bathroom.

What do you think powers the suit? Flatus, my friend, flatus.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join