It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

damwel
I have known for years that the historical Jesus was fictional however if Jesus had been real I think he would have pointed out that it isn't about the man it is about the message.
edit on Wed October 9th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

really?
you have no idea about His message?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The person physically existed for sure, but ofcourse after several centuries of people talking about him he would appear incredible or unbelievable while at the time he might not know what you are talking about. For example if someone asked you while standing in line at Walmart how people in the future will find a way to communicate with people of the past and they say you played an important role in this and you are considered a saint because of that, how would you respond?

And for another measure, maybe the image people have of Jesus is factually less than 50% accurate, this argument doesn't count since the question is about whether or not there was an actual body walking around at some time at some place with that name who didn't deny he existed.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

It's not really a concept that takes a lot of mental horsepower to understand.

Wait, everyone has only got one human power, no using horses minds to get something.

The Scriptures have clearly outlined a Messiah that came as a suffering servant.

Well ofcourse, somebody has got to deliver a message to 'them', too, every human must get it and once everyone has gotten it people can get it before it happens.

Jesus solves the problem completely.

Well it's not a lie perse or even untruth but the problem was never really there in the first place.
edit on 19/11/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
How do we know that the authors of the text they are talking about aren't making that up. I do not see evidence that I can read, only someone's interpretation of what was going on. I believe the man that they refer to as Jesus was from an earlier time myself. Believing that Somehow the dates got mixed all up. I think there may have been altering of the texts to make it more believable and to set the timeframe.

Nothing I read in the New Testament is bad, I would rather believe in the good that Jesus taught than to believe that mankind can control himself without any moral rules. I believe in God, I am still trying to figure what god is though, I do not believe he is what many think he is.

What would the world be like if mankind didn't believe in god. Probably a real mess of lawlessness, most of us would not be here today. I would never say Jesus did not exist, yet I will say the timing of the man's life may be off and that the history in the bible may be off. There were a lot of dark times in the last two thousand years.
edit on 19-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This topic has been beat to death. On the first page to this thread, there is a link to another thread which predated this one. Why this particular thread was allowed to remain open is beyond me when the subject was debated extensively in the original.

caesarsmessiahdebunked.com...

Have a nice day.

ETA:

original thread
edit on 19-11-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

Your questions have been well answered extensively . . .

These sources do a decent job with at least significant aspects of those issues.

JOHN WALVOORD: EVERY PROPHECY OF THE BIBLE: CLEAR EXPLANATIONS FOR UNCERTAIN TIMES

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384927189&sr=1-1&keywords=john+walvoor d+EVERY+PROPHECY

= = =

THE CASE FOR THE REAL JESUS BY LEE STROBEL

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384927284&sr=1-4&keywords=lee+strobel+book s

= = =

SEVERAL FITTING TITLES BY RAVI ZACHARIAS:

www.amazon.com...=nb_sb_ss_i_1_5?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=ravi+zacharias+books&sprefix=RAVI+%2Cstripbooks%2C267

= = =

The Scriptures Testify about Me: Jesus and the Gospel in the Old Testament (The Gospel Coalition) Paperback

by

D. A. Carson (Editor) , Alistair Begg (Contributor) ,

Mike Bullmore (Contributor) ,

Matt Chandler (Contributor) , Timothy J. Keller (Contributor) ,

James MacDonald (Contributor) ,

Conrad Mbewe (Contributor) , R. Albert Mohler Jr. (Contributor)

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384927395&sr=1-5&keywords=JESUS+IN+TH E+OLD+TESTAMENT

= = =

JESUS ON EVERY PAGE:

Jesus on Every Page: 10 Simple Ways to Seek and Find Christ in the Old Testament Paperback

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384927395&sr=1-2&keywords=JESUS+IN+THE+OLD+TESTA MENT

= = =

I was soooo underwhelmed by your assertions that I can't recall any that speak to me with sufficient significance to attract me to a specific and substantive response.

They sounded to me like you haven't done your homework well at all . . . or not with a sufficiently open mind or any fair-mindedness . . . sufficient for any authentic dialogue to be a real potential.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

budski

PhoenixOD
I remember watching a documentary a few years ago that showed that the story of Jesus had existed in about 14 other religions before Christianity.

The story of the son of god that came down to earth , the virgin birth, the lamb etc etc..

It been clear for a long timer that Christianity is a religion made from all the best bits of earlier religions.

That was Zeitgeist, a film which posed as a documentary, but was nonetheless very good in how it examined certain religious myths.

While Zeitgeist may have done a decent job of exposing the globalist NWO conspiracy, it is quite the contrary in its examination of Christianity. It only takes a very little bit of research to discover the inaccuracies, and downright deceptions being advanced. This religious portion of this film has already been very handily debunked by numerous scholars and researchers. We need to be careful not to determine truth by simply latching on to anything that reinforces our biases...do careful research...come to reasonable conclusions based on the reliability of the information and evidence provided rather than simply our own presuppositions.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hi!

All religions are a joke; there's nothing behind but a bunch of parasites trying to control, dominate, etc.

Jesus 'circo' is not different.

www....(nolink)/view/dnfx8u41sxk7qff/The_True_Authorship_of_the_New_Testament_(Reuchlin%2C_Abelard).pdf

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 13thLevel

Right. I guess it's settled then.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

BigBrotherDarkness
reply to post by victor7

There is nothing wrong with the message, the majority of messengers however have some serious problems with reality.

BigBroDarkness your truth is too much!! Please stop telling the truth!! Reality is breaking!!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Afewloosescrews

budski

PhoenixOD
I remember watching a documentary a few years ago that showed that the story of Jesus had existed in about 14 other religions before Christianity.

The story of the son of god that came down to earth , the virgin birth, the lamb etc etc..

It been clear for a long timer that Christianity is a religion made from all the best bits of earlier religions.

That was Zeitgeist, a film which posed as a documentary, but was nonetheless very good in how it examined certain religious myths.

While Zeitgeist may have done a decent job of exposing the globalist NWO conspiracy, it is quite the contrary in its examination of Christianity. It only takes a very little bit of research to discover the inaccuracies, and downright deceptions being advanced. This religious portion of this film has already been very handily debunked by numerous scholars and researchers. We need to be careful not to determine truth by simply latching on to anything that reinforces our biases...do careful research...come to reasonable conclusions based on the reliability of the information and evidence provided rather than simply our own presuppositions.

shhhh.... vetting sources is only standard procedure when Christianity ISN'T involved.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
historians would laugh....ummm no! But even if everyone is wrong, no one was there from this time to know. For all we know there was no one actually living back then. For all we know anything before 1000AD was all invented. No one was there so no one knows.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

PhoenixOD

The story of the son of god that came down to earth , the virgin birth, the lamb etc, disciples, performed miracles , the death , resurrection.

It been clear for a long time that Christianity is a religion made from all the best bits of earlier religions.

edit on 9-10-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

does NOT matter, the bible is true..

because the bible says so.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

This Atwell character does not know his history very well. Atwell says that Jesus was made up by the Roman Government to pacify the Jews that were waiting on a Messiah. If you study jewish history, The Jewish Priest did not care at all for Jesus, because he went against almost everything that the Jewish Priest stood for. If Jesus was just a fictional character that the Roman Government made up, I can guarantee you that the Jewish Priest would have done everything in their power to stop the rumor. The Jewish Priest had everything going there way before Jesus came into the picture. When Jesus started preaching doctrine contrary to what the Jewish Priest were saying, this caused the Jewish people to stop believing a lot of what the Priest were saying, which caused a lot of conflict. The Roman Government would not have wanted conflict to arise in the Jewish community, because the Romans would have to be the ones to deal with it. Even Jewish Rabbis today know who Jesus was and what he did when he was alive. If Jesus was a fictional character, why would the Jewish Rabbis know who he was and why would they still reject, even to this day, that Jesus was the Messiah. There have been many people down through the centuries that the Jews thought were the Messiah, but they all wound up dying before they could accomplished what the Jewish Messiah was supposed to do.If Jesus was a fictional character, I believe that the Jewish Rabbis would have told their congregations years and years ago that he was just fictional. There are just too many writings and knowledge that Jesus did exist to say that he was just a fictional character.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join