It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to be a gay christian...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1
reply to post by WarminIndy

Where I hear a christian call a gay person a "homo" then I can allready tell that the "christian" in question thinks that person is dirty or sick.

I have heard so many christians sum up gay people in the most worst way possible. Thats what Im talking about. They sum them up without getting to know them...just like I did with my post.

Do you get it now?

i'm a Christian but never use the word "homo". I usually say gay or homosexual, which is the anthropological term. But don't non-Christians also say "homo" and "f**"? Yes, I've heard that from non-Christians.

But then you are still assuming that no Christian even knows a gay person. My grandfather was and I have a cousin who is now. I don't say those things about them, because I know about their lives anyway. So it's still a huge assumption on your part.

Does it mean that I should love my grandfather less because I am a Christian? He died in 1979, but that doesn't mean I didn't love him then or now.

I also don't say other perjorative words like calling Hispanics as.... well, you know. Now why do you assume all Christians are the same?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stormson

Thats too bad. You have terrible comprehension skills. You probably didnt even stop to think how much you hurt people. Like you said you just dont care.

I cant wait to see you in heaven, and watch you get judged for your words. You are a very un christ like person. So I guess i was right huh?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Im sorry if i came off as broad stroking christians. I meant to say most. So im glad you dont call them homos. Calling them that is bad, and that other person I was talking to knows that, and I guess by its post, doesnt care.

That person that Im talking to besides you, is making your culture look bad. That is who Im talking about and I will gladly broad stroke that person because that person is a tool..

Im sure you are a good person. There are many like you, but it takes one to screw it up for the rest.
Try reading what your "Brother" is talking about, and then you can see where Im comming from. Im not gay at all, but I believe there is nothing wrong with someone beaing who they are. Just like christians, you are who you are, but if you hate one someone else who isnt like you, and cant get over the fact they are gay, and try to tell them they cant marry so and so....then I have problem, and then I will hate on that person.

Fight fire with fire I suppose, and eye for an eye. So it would be awesome if most christians would actually follow christ. Instead of saying they love their brother, when they clearly dont.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

jesus didnt condemn the rich, huh?

mark 10:23 And Jesus, looking around, said to His disciples, “How hard it will be for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!"
Mark 10:25
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

luke 6:20”And turning His gaze toward His disciples, He (JESUS) began to say,
"Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.
Luke 6:24
"But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort.

luke 12:15”Then He said to them, Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions."

Luke 16:15
15”And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men, but God knows your hearts; for that which is highly esteemed among men (money and possessions) is detestable in the sight of God.”

Luke 18:22
22”Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.”

compare to the passages about homosexuals.

Leviticus 18:22

22 You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13

13 If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

but thats ot you say? try this

1 Corinthians 6:9–10

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

so it seems to me, if i were a rich gay man, i would not follow christianity.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

That stuff was writen by man, not god. Everyone knows that!

Let me ask you a question.

How many re-writes has the bible gone through? 100? 200?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1

Thats too bad. You have terrible comprehension skills. You probably didnt even stop to think how much you hurt people. Like you said you just dont care.

I cant wait to see you in heaven, and watch you get judged for your words. You are a very un christ like person. So I guess i was right huh?

i dont care because i have no control over what offends you or not. you choose to be offended. for all i know you could be offended that i dont capitalize the letter "i" when i use it as a proper pronoun.

im not going to heaven. and im not christian. im actually trying to sway gays away from a god that hates them, for they are an abomination in his eyes after all.
edit on 10-10-2013 by stormson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1

That stuff was writen by man, not god. Everyone knows that!

Let me ask you a question.

How many re-writes has the bible gone through? 100? 200?

if thats the case, why follow it at all?

if you cant trust anything in it, how can you trust your salvation is even there? perhaps, like another post suggests, jesus was completely made up by the romans as a pr campaign?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Woah, hold on. You just blew my mind..LOL.

I think thats exactly WHY gay people should practice that faith. To break down those walls. Dont boycott it, and I like to see most chirstians squirm whene there is a gay person in the room!

Gave you a couple of stars for that too.
edit on 10-10-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

you said that saying "homo" hurt people.

how much more painful for a gay christian to know that their god created them as an abomination? that the only way to follow the christian god and be righteous is for them to be celibate?

ive heard all the arguements too. "its the sin, not the sinner" so you have to be celibate, since the sin is homosexual acts. "we are all sinners", yep, but the purpose of salvation is for you to try and not commit the sin again. youre to be sorry that you sinned. if youre gay, and have sex with your partner, how can you be sorry knowing you will just do it again? thats two faced and a thumb in the eye of your god.

why deal with all that when there are far more gods out there that just dont care if your gay or not?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

At first I thought you were just a christian jerk. Now you are just a jerk...LOL. Just kidding. I stand corrected.
I did make an assumption, and I was wrong. You actually are trying to do some good, and i think they should worship buddha...lol he is flawed a bit!

Continue your crusade, you wont get anymore guff from me.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1

At first I thought you were just a christian jerk. Now you are just a jerk...LOL. Just kidding. I stand corrected.
I did make an assumption, and I was wrong. You actually are trying to do some good, and i think they should worship buddha...lol he is flawed a bit!

Continue your crusade, you wont get anymore guff from me.

the greeks have many gay themes and gods. Dionysus is patron god to hermaphrodites and transvestites for example.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

stormson
“How hard it will be for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!" Mark 10:25
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Luke 6:24 "But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort.

THAT's IT. That's all he said about the rich. The rest of your post was a bunch of added on crap that had nothing to do with it. You assume rich people are full of greed and are evil. When in fact poor people can be just as greedy and evil as a rich person. And a rich person can be good and generous and kind. YOU ASSUME TOO MUCH.

1 - Jesus didn't condemn the rich. No blanket statements.
2 - He said it is harder for rich people to enter the kingdom of God.

You should stop twisting scripture to fit your agenda. It's an ugly thing to do.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You have a good point... but its technically impossible for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Akragon
but its technically impossible for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle...

The camel through the eye of the needle refers to a very low gate in the wall surrounding Jerusalem. It was called 'the eye of the needle'. So people and camels could go through the eye of the needle ... but they'd have to make an effort. I think it might be the present day Damascus Gate.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

whaaaat??@?

LOL really?

Link please...

edit on 11-10-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

No.. seriously...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Akragon
Link please...

PIcture of the Eye of the Needle Gate

It's a gate in the wall around Jerusalem.
Some people say this is myth and that Jesus really did mean a sewing needle.
But many say that it is the gate in Jerusalem in the wall.

I've read both sides of the discussion. I think the gate in the wall makes sense.
I'm sure you'll find others who think the actual sewing needle makes sense.
But there it is ...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Here's what we were taught in church about the eye in the needle thing;

As FF has very kindly posted a pic of, the eye of the needle was a small gate that people had to pass through to enter the city of Jerusalem. It was deliberately designed like this in order to stop armies on horse or camel entering the city of Jerusalem to and burning the place to the ground. i.e it was an old school security system.

Jesus chose this reference for a couple of reasons;

A) Rich men used to like to travel in great extravagance with great camel trains all decked out with their rich person's accoutrements in order to show off their wealth - kinda like the modern day motorcades and oversized limos today's VIP's like to use to try and show that they are better than us with.

B) Most poor people would arrive at the gate either on foot, or on a donkey if they were lucky, meaning that they could quite easily walk through, or dismount and lead the donkey through the door. However, for a rich man to get through was a real hassle. A lot of gear had to be taken off the camels and passed through by hand, the camels had to hunch down and often the rich men had to become like a poor person and walk through the door on foot in order to pass through.

So what this is about is not trying the physically impossible task of putting a camel through an actual needle, but a rich man having to leave all his luxuries behind and become just like everyone else in order to enter heaven i.e. no titles, no servants, no great mansions and luxury living while others starve etc etc. (Just pass through the gate on foot like everyone else)

Therefore it is difficult for a rich person to enter heaven, because they have to become humble and live with a conscience, spending their lives and privileged position helping out those less fortunate than them rather than ever trying to expand their empire no matter what the consequence. (Sounds rather like modern corporate activity that last part, does it not?)

So, no God does not hate rich people (or gay people for that matter) but what he does dislike though is greed and selfishness which are two traits that rich people often portray very well.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Akragon
Link please...

PIcture of the Eye of the Needle Gate

It's a gate in the wall around Jerusalem.
Some people say this is myth and that Jesus really did mean a sewing needle.
But many say that it is the gate in Jerusalem in the wall.

I've read both sides of the discussion. I think the gate in the wall makes sense.
I'm sure you'll find others who think the actual sewing needle makes sense.
But there it is ...

cute...lol

but unless one plans to stuff a baby camel through that hole...

it still looks kinda impossible

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

markosity1973
So, no God does not hate rich people (or gay people for that matter) but what he does dislike though is greed and selfishness which are two traits that rich people often portray very well.

I've seen enough poor people on Maury and Springer to know that a lot of poor people act exactly like that as well ... spending money on cigs and beer for themselves instead of buying shoes for their kids. etc etc. Good and bad people can be found everywhere ...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

yes, but jesus spoke specificly against the rich.

wait, no he didnt, some dude put that in, just like they added to the ot.

nevermind. pick, choose, and spin any way you like what you think jesus said, rather than whats written in the rulebook, since its not really a rulebook, but more of a book of suggestions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join