It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to be a gay christian...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

stormson
all im saying is that if jesus is god, then the ot god is jesus.

And that's your error. You assume the writings of men in the Old Testament actually came from God. Much of it has been debunked. It is unreliable. That's the truth of the matter.

The story of Jesus in the New Testament is capable of standing on it's own. It's much more reliable than creation myths and Abraham folklore. There are some prophecies about Jesus in the Old Testament ... Isaiah for example. But Jesus still is capable of standing on his own without Adam and Eve, without Abraham, Without Moses, etc.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

stormson
ah, i see the problem. you dont believe in your own religion.

Ah, I see the problem. You think every Christian has to fit in an organized religion box.

jesus never said anything about homos, but god did, and since jesus and god are the same, then jesus said it as well.

Ah, I see the problem. You think that the 'god' of the Old Testament is actually God.
It's that circular logic again. I assume you also believe that the god of the Qu'ran is
actually God and not just a bunch of stuff made up by men. Afterall .. it has the same
credibility as the Old Testament so it must be true, right?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

hate to break it to you, but christianity has a rule book.

its based on the rule book of the jews.

if you throw away the rule book, how can you play the game?

you threw away the rule book and now play your own game.

you say jesus, thought "wow, i like this hippy. what? hes god? which god? the jew god? oh i dont like that, so he must be a different god than the god of the jews. ill just get rid of that part. matter of fact, ill get rid of everything i dont like."

see, the foundation of jesus being god is based on the prophesy of the ot. if you get rid of the ot, you get rid of the foundation for jesus being god.

but you like playing soccer with your hands and running the ball, so it doesnt matter.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

the quran, the ot, and the nt, even jesus, have equal crediblilty.

we know for a fact that mohammad existed. not so much for jesus, let alone that he was god.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

stormson
hate to break it to you, but christianity has a rule book.

Hate to break it to you, but the Old Testament has been mostly debunked and is
unnecessary to Christianity.
Hate to break it to you, but your continued efforts to put all Christians in the
same box is still an epic failure.
Hate to break it to you, but the fact that you haven't bothered to educate yourself
by reading any of the information that has been provided is painfully obvious.

stormson

That's funny.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

thats what happens when you break all the rules and make new ones.

for example, jesus spoke many times condemning the rich. the very rich that you support.

guess jesus got that wrong as well.

when you make your own rules, no rules apply.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
All that this thread is proving thus far is that people love to cling to teachings they like in order to justify their prejudices. I.e. 'if God hates gay people, then I am allowed to too'

People are just lazy. They find it easier to rely on the words of a dusty old and often contradictory book than seek the truth and think for themselves, because that would involve them changing their opinion on a subject that they really actually know very little about.

The great conundrum for the 'God hates' Christan brigade is this; if the God you claim to love and follow is little more than an angry vengeful authoritarian dictator, then why on earth would you want to go to heaven and live under his rule forever in the afterlife?
edit on 10-10-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

There are a few that I would consider to be a enemy of mine .I don't think it has anything to do with their sexual preferences . I think they are just people that are not very nice ..peace

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

So you have lumped every gay person in the same boat?
Peace? don't make me laugh you have none in your heart.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

stormson
thats what happens when you break all the rules and make new ones.

No. Homophobia is what happens when you take the Old Testament literally as the word of God and refuse to acknowledge the FACT that it's loaded with myth, folklore, allegory, and cultural bias.

for example, jesus spoke many times condemning the rich. the very rich that you support.

He did not condemn the rich. He condemned sin. Being rich isn't a sin.
He said it was easier for a poor man than a rich one to get to heaven.
But he didn't condemn the rich. He had friends who were rich.

I support people being allowed to earn what they can and keep what they earn.
Otherwise it's THEFT. YOU support THEFT from others because you think you are entitled
to take what isn't yours and what you haven't earned. Since you think so highly of the
Old Testament, you should remember that it condemns theft. Combine that with Jesus
condemning hate. It would be wise for you to keep all that in mind.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I don't know where you are getting, that I lump all gay people in the same boat .I said I had some good gay friends and some enemies who just happen to be gay . My response earlier about learning how to love my enemies was a learning thing .Seems that some people just want to pounce on a comment without considering some things .....peace

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stormson

How do you explaine megachurches then? Or even asking for money?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

markosity1973
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

The story of David and Saul is a great gay love story to get the bible bashers foaming at the mouth with anger for example. Even Jesus spoke about gays when he mentions eunuchs , which was the contemporary term for both castrated men AND gays in his day.

Uh...huh? Do you mean David and Jonathan? Saul kept trying to kill David because David was more popular, but there wasn't anything gay about David and Saul.

But seeing as how David had so many wives and children, he just didn't have time to engage in a gay relationship with anyone, he was simply too busy taking care of the kingdom and the many wives he had, one of them being Michall, the daughter of Saul and the sister of Jonathan.

The verse you are referring to is the "above the love of women", well, David did have a thing for Bathsheba, you know the hottie married to Uriah? David was a voyuer and watched her take a bath, then decided that he wanted to have sex with her.

What the verse really means is that David and Jonathan were just really great buddies. Jonathan's son was Mephibosheth. Maybe they had a "bromance", but to say they were gay, a little extreme because David proves over and over again that he looooooved women. In fact, as he was confined to his bed, they brought to him young women to keep him warm, that's a very old custom and it means they had sex, because that's the meaning.

In fact, he had Uriah killed just to be able to sleep with Bathsheba.

Saul, on the other hand, was just a jerk. What you are doing is "queering the text". Sorry, that's the term my English Lit professor used in college.

To put it into modern terms, think I Love You Man that had nothing to do with sex.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You know reading your replies, had me thinking about what sort of person you are, and how far removed from reality you are as well.

You think its fine to hate on "homos" as you put it (by the way thats a derogatory term) and you use god to back it up. Oh god said it was fine, so Im going to hate away, but its cool because its in the name of god and jesus!

I can immagine you sitting in your expensive kitchen, in a nice house. Lawn done, you have the two kids and a dog, a subsurviant wife. Tollhouse cookies, and baked goods waft the house.

You are either sitting in your den, or a place close to the kitchen. You stepford wife comes by and says something about a new dress, you pretend to listen, and then she asks what you are doing.
You say something to the fact of "just teaching people the bible". She thinks nothing of it, and gos to check on the pie she is baking.

All the while she has no idea that you secretly hate gay people, and then use your religion to shame and hurt them. She might even not like the fact that you are being "not christ like".

You go to church and like minded people like you jump around with your sayings, not saying outright that you hat gay people, but saying things like "Oh I will pray for them" which is translation for, I dont like their lifestyle, so Im going to say an insult that donesnt sound like one.

You and those women and men or even children start to believe in your lies and get together, to "heal" people from their "homo" status. You all think that god is talking to you, and they you are a perfect little snow flake.

Inside your body you harbor hate, disgused as some sort of scornfull love.

You are a sad person too, so sad you cant change people to fit your lifestyle. You pray to god, to heal them, and it never happens. So you fill your life with meaningless crap, and mowing the lawn. You feel empty, and useless, because you are.

Did I sum you up? Because thats what you are doing to "homos". How right was I? Was everything I said correct? Dont worry because I read your life somewhere, and so that must be true. I just picked up a book and applied your life to that.

How do you feel now?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

stormson

we know for a fact that mohammad existed. not so much for jesus, let alone that he was god.

How do you know Mohammed existed? Do you mean because Uthman said so? Have you ever wondered why Aisha never had children? Could it be that if she were real also, then the Hadiths are correct that he physically damaged her when he finally had intercourse with her at that young age.

But we'll never know everything because some random animal came in and ate the copies of her Quran, which were under her bed while they finally, after 4 days, decided to bury Mohammed, because they thought he would resurrect.

And since it was stated by Aisha how he received the revelation, you must remember that she was born after the death of Khadijah, therefore everything she heard was from Mohammed himself, with no other witnesses alive to corroborate his story. While you might say it came from Abu Bakr, remember that Abu Bakr was the father of Aisha and was not there either when Mohammed had the supposed revelation.

So where is Mohammed's body? Apparently, if the Hadiths are real and correct, then he's lying out there somewhere in the desert. But Uthman didn't even know. Uthman was responsible for the canonization of the Quran. He based it on the Hadiths, from people who say they knew Mohammed, but not any of them were actually present when he claimed to have had the first revelation. Aisha wasn't even there, she wasn't born yet. But men today claim to be descended directly from Mohammed, but he had no living sons, so there is no way to determine his YDNA. He did have a son-in-law, but that man would have passed his YDNA so it would not make them descended directly from Mohammed, except that they could only count him from Fatima.

BTW, I have read the Quran and the Hadiths.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Tylerdurden1

I can immagine you sitting in your expensive kitchen, in a nice house. Lawn done, you have the two kids and a dog, a subsurviant wife. Tollhouse cookies, and baked goods waft the house.

You are either sitting in your den, or a place close to the kitchen. You stepford wife comes by and says something about a new dress, you pretend to listen, and then she asks what you are doing.
You say something to the fact of "just teaching people the bible". She thinks nothing of it, and gos to check on the pie she is baking.

Wow, that's a huge assumption on your part. You don't even know the person but you imagine all these things?

If you want to play that game, why don't you tell me what you imagine about me? I think it will be fun to hear what you think.

BTW, I am a Christian, I'll give you a head's up. But my grandfather was gay. So let's hear your imagination about me as well, so see if your theory plays out.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I love it when people dont read the whole post...LOL. Go back, read it.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Tylerdurden1

I love it when people dont read the whole post...LOL. Go back, read it.

I quoted your relevant part. Are we not allowed now to quote each other? I'm just asking you to take the same consideration with me. Your quote dude, not mine.

How do you even know the person has a Stepford Wife? I'd like to know if you think of me as a Stepford. I'm a Christian woman.

Did I sum you up? Because thats what you are doing to "homos". How right was I? Was everything I said correct? Dont worry because I read your life somewhere, and so that must be true. I just picked up a book and applied your life to that.

Your last quote. But you threw in a lot of imagination trying to accuse the person you don't even know of projecting a gay stereotype, but you don't even know if the person knows gay people or not. You guys never think of that, that Christians also know gay people and that Christians have loved ones who are gay. You never consider that.

edit on 10/10/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Where I hear a christian call a gay person a "homo" then I can allready tell that the "christian" in question thinks that person is dirty or sick.

I have heard so many christians sum up gay people in the most worst way possible. Thats what Im talking about. They sum them up without getting to know them...just like I did with my post.

Do you get it now?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

youre imagination is vivid, but wrong.

you missed the point of the post.

christianity says gay is an abomination.

so if youre gay, why remain christian? its like finding out your granddad was a light-skin black (so youre black) and youre a grand wizard of the kkk. so now youre black, will you still be kkk?

it doesnt make sense to follow a god that considers you an abomination. you can spin it, or twist it, or explain it away, but its right there in black and white, in both the new and old testaments.

as for homo being offensive, i dont care. (you can be offended over the way the grass grows and theres nothing i can do to change it. to be offended is the choice of the offended.) its merely a shorting of the word homosexual.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join