It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

armageddon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
since alot of people are talking about nuking countrys

and in both the holy books it talks about armageddon

is that what we are heading for?

a armageddon

[edit on 15-11-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
since alot of people are talking about nuking countrys

and in both the holy books it talks about armageddon

a armageddon

[edit on 15-11-2004 by bodrul]

well, this is a good movie plot that has been used a lot...

as far as real life, prob. not...

america has intersepting missles at every nuke storage place on earth (or at least they should)...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
im not talking about a big astroid hitting the planet ( more like all out nuclear war )

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   

im not talking about a big astroid hitting the planet ( more like all out nuclear war )

well, i hope that mankind is smarter than that, but then i think that america is controlling the world and i say "were all dead"...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The "fuse" that leads to the "end" was lit when Satan was cast down to this planet. Every event is leading to that point in time. All paths for man lead to his distruction. Mans choice. A very narrow few will survive judgment day. Nuclear war, volcano's, earthquake, meteors, bio-warfare, chemical war.............all will happen and very, very, soon. This is simple fact.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Yeah i agree. We are headed for world war 3. The world is so corput., the government's manupliate the people. Our leader's have no good in them.

I believe there will be a final battle and the future can not be changed. It's just a path.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Yeah i agree. We are headed for world war 3. The world is so corput., the government's manupliate the people. Our leader's have no good in them.

I believe there will be a final battle and the future can not be changed. It's just a path.

Some optimism please. The inevitable path to our self-annihalition theory really bums me out !

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by blablablaxyz
Some optimism please. The inevitable path to our self-annihalition theory really bums me out !

well it is kinda true ( history has shown that mankind is like that )

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
OH, for all you "I won't be here" chirstians, I got news for you. The Rapture is after "Megido". Get a good copy of your "program" look at the "players" get some popcorn and watch the goodguys fly in and kick some butt.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
OH, for all you "I won't be here" chirstians, I got news for you. The Rapture is after "Megido". Get a good copy of your "program" look at the "players" get some popcorn and watch the goodguys fly in and kick some butt.

could you enlighten us ( that arnt christian )
with what ur talking about

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'd like to think that if terrorists detonated a nuclear device in a US city it would actually bring the world together against organised terrorism. Even a toothless debating society like the UN would suddenly be galvanised into action. It's not just the USA that's the victim of terrorism, all countries would suddenly be very worried, and would most likely be shocked into some sort of action. And Iran and Syria don't wanna get nuked in any retaliation - I'm sure they would suddenly start handing over terrorists, suspected terrorists, suspected terrorist's dogs, and anything else that might get them off the hook.

Nuking a US city will get you headlines, sure, but I think it would also do you no favors in the long-run. What they'll be looking to do is provoke and terrorise the States while keeping them distanced from the UN and world opinion. Letting off a nuke will just unite the world against you.

I'm sure there will be another awful attack sooner or later, but it won't be a nuke. It's just that it suits both the terrorists AND the government for us to think there might be one.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
For those who missed it in bible school. The rapture is when Christ returns to earth and rescues those who believe in him from the soon to be molten rock "Earth". Many Christians believe this event takes place before the great tribulation when Nuke war, etc, etc (Armageddon) happens. So they don't care whats happening to the evil world and "so what" if the US gets nuked, they won't be here because Christ will save them from doom before it happens.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
used in a religious sense, it's called "forcing the end." when one group carries out actions that seem to be fortold in biblical scripture as prophecy, like the book of Revelations. the show, Millennium, dealt a lot with this. a. william cooper's book "behold a pale horse" dealt with it. hp lovecraft wrote about it in a fictitious and round-about way. some would say it's going on now, but people have said that before. it's just the paranoid misinterpretation of current events. maybe one day, humans will learn to live in a world with no conflict, but as it is, there are some who just don't understand anything else. and i am not referring to only one side of the various conflicts going on at the moment.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
"The Last Days" are upon us but the Battle of Meddigo is not in the very near future.

Rapture? Could be Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, Post-Trib Who knows.

Temple in Salem has to built first for the antichrist to defile.

These are the 'rumors of wars and birth pains' only.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

since alot of people are talking about nuking countrys and in both the holy books it talks about armageddon

Only two of the world's major religions have this in their holy books, and only a very small percentage of the adherents of these religions believe that this event is to happen in the future. Most religions don't believe in such a thing.

a armageddon

My money's on "no." Will there be another war? There's wars all the time. Will there be another world war? Maybe. Will it end the human race? I don't think so.

Personal opinion, based on knowledge of the books that mention armageddon scenarios.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Motto of the believers in Pre-Tribulation Rapture :

The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fooked !
Braveheart

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
LOL...

Armegeddon is a brilliant tool used by religious wackos including these multi million dollar televised "leaders" that have no idea how to interpret, research, nor explain the collection of books called the Bible.
You can trace the same stories in the bible back thousands of years past their supposed dates, to the phoenician religious and social histories. The book of revleations itself is a copy of ealier prophecies, copied and recopied over time until the the Roman emperor and nicean council decided to include it in the Bible.

stop lsitening to whackos and do your own research.

new topics

top topics

join