It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Greetings and a Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Finally decided to make an account, I am a bit confused as to why I cannot create a topic in any other section. I recall reading somewhere on the old ATS that there was a minimum number of posts each user must send before that individual gets approval to create topics in the other sections. Is this correct & if so how many?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Positive

20 stay positive brother.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Welcome to the site. It is true that you need twenty posts before you are able to start a thread.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Greatly appreciated & I will def keep it positive. Be on the lookout for my threads once the time is right. I've been keeping an eye on a lot of the newest films and have found quite a bit of stuff that readers/writers of ATS have yet to post about. Looking forward to bringing in some new info!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Hello Positive, Welcome to ATS!

It's nice to meet you, see you around the forums!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Octave

Thanks a lot!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Sounds interesting, can't wait to read it

I thought that it was 10 posts before you can start a thread, so I tried to start one after 10 posts and I couldn't. After looking around for info, I realized it's 20 posts. Whoops!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by invisiblemanda

I spent the first three days of my account with great frustration and keyboard bashing because I couldn't figure out why I could not post a thread. Than I finally decided to try in introductions and of course it worked. The worst part was not knowing I could come here and created a thread asking why I couldn't create a thread rofl. And for whatever reason I could not find any information pertaining to my question by doing ATS searches.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I can't find it right now, but I found the answer by reading through some of the threads in one of the forums under the Information and Collaborative Forums. (At least, I think that's where it was.) Someone had the same problem, they didn't know we have to post so many posts before starting a thread and they were wondering why they couldn't start a thread. It wasn't quite related to the topic of the thread, it was a few posts down in a thread.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by invisiblemanda

Where do I find a list of each section of the forums to see where my threads will best be suited to be created?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I'm not entirely sure, I'm still figuring things out around here too, but at the top if you click forums (next to myATS) that should be what you're looking for.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Hi Positive, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thank you for the helpful information.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Enjoy!!

new topics

top topics