It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kris Kobach laying groundwork for two-tier voting system in Kansas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

With court action over the state’s proof-of-citizenship voting law looming, Secretary of State Kris Kobach is laying groundwork for a system that would allow some voters to vote in all elections while others could only vote for Congress and presidential tickets.

Read more here: www.kansas.com...=cpy

The issue of voter fraud (which is, by all measures, very tiny) is something that Kobach has been obsessing about -- and now to the point of attempting to disenfranchise voters in his own state. So if you apply for a voter registration through a federal form, Kobach's law would let you vote ONLY in federal elections and not in state and county elections.

This kind of poorly thought through measure will strip voting rights from people such as servicemen and women and deny legitimate citizens the right to vote. I frankly hope he gets removed from office in the next election.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Servicemen and women? Why do you say that?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Peole keep complaining about Obama being dictatorial, overthrowing the constitution, blah blah blah based on nothing at all. And the guy will be out of power for good in a couple of years.

in the meantime GOP activists all over the country are doing their damndest to overthrow democracy by preventing as many people as possible from voting if they don't like the way they might vote.

so much for "I disagree with what you say, but I defend your right to say it"

The GOP has become a bunch of fascist theocrats!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Ok, how would you go about the task of making sure only americans vote? Got a better solution to the dilemma? Or do you think it is just a non-issue?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
they are just ensuring their state doesn't get taken over in the same manner as their federal government. its only natural really... more should follow suite.

nothing to see here. move along.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Byrd
The issue of voter fraud (which is, by all measures, very tiny)

how exactly does one measure voter fraud?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I don't see how he's going to get removed from office if voters aren't able to vote. The voter supression laws are designed to keep people like him in office.

The up side to this is it's only temporary. In a few years minorities will outnumber the middle aged white men who have taken the democratic system hostage.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

how exactly does one measure voter fraud?

You do know there are people who study the electoral system for a living right? Universities have departments devoted to our political system and they do studies of things like voting fraud. I thought everyone know that??

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Byrd

With court action over the state’s proof-of-citizenship voting law looming, Secretary of State Kris Kobach is laying groundwork for a system that would allow some voters to vote in all elections while others could only vote for Congress and presidential tickets.

Read more here: www.kansas.com...=cpy

The issue of voter fraud (which is, by all measures, very tiny) is something that Kobach has been obsessing about -- and now to the point of attempting to disenfranchise voters in his own state. So if you apply for a voter registration through a federal form, Kobach's law would let you vote ONLY in federal elections and not in state and county elections.

This kind of poorly thought through measure will strip voting rights from people such as servicemen and women and deny legitimate citizens the right to vote. I frankly hope he gets removed from office in the next election.

I have been warning about this on another thread but was pooh poohed to death by other members as being alarmist.
Supreme Court guts key part of landmark Voting Rights Act
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thing is it's not poorly thought out, it's on purpose the less people voted the better for some and although both sides are guilty of gerrymandering the Republicans after the last mid terms went crazy over board with it,part of the difficulty with the government shut down to day is that you have 80 congress people that is virtually immune from voter strike back so they will never pay a political price for what they are doing.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Spider879 because: Add more info

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

ok.

so can you tell me how they measure it?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Byrd

Removed from office based on....what?

What he is doing is completely legal under both the Federal and State Constitution...

If the Federal Government is going to continue to violate the law by refusing to comply with the US Constitution when it comes to who can vote, why should that action affect state and local elections?

People seem to either forget or are completely ignorant when it comes to understanding that we have a 2 tier government system - Federal and State (which includes local). In this instance he is doing what is required - protecting the state from a faulty system. He is doing that by complying with the Federal Laws and Federal Rulings - If you are going to vote in Federal Elections, then do so ONLY in the realm of Federal Elections.

Strip voting rights.... Not even close, but thanks for trying to fear monger.
"Legitimate Citizen" - By all means please define this phrase that you used.
Convicted Felons - I must have missed your outcry on that topic.. Please point out where I missed it in your argument.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

CB328

You do know there are people who study the electoral system for a living right? Universities have departments devoted to our political system and they do studies of things like voting fraud. I thought everyone know that??

I honestly died a little when I read that. Bastions of liberal ideology claiming that there is next to nonexistent voter fraud is akin to having the fox guard the hen house. The vary fact that you blindly believe that it is a non-issue because some nameless, faceless group that receives funding in direct relation to the outcomes of their 'research' tells you it doesn't happen just goes to show you have your head in the sand.

There is not one single purported defense for why one shouldn't have to have some form of identification in order to vote, when a valid ID is required for a litany of other day-to-day tasks.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
i for one feel much better now that i have been enlightened to the fact that somebody, somewhere, knows everything there is to know about this issue.

i was almost worried there for a moment. thank you friends.

pass the fluoride please...

new topics

top topics

join