It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There’s a Major Foodborne Illness Outbreak and the Government’s Shut Down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

At least I don't have to worry about that in my own grown veggies lol. But it really is common sense washing stuff before you prepare it. Who knows what kind of particles have stuck to it between the field and the store. Or what idiot coughed and sneezed all over it at the store. Etc etc.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Way to blame it on the Shutdown...........FAIL.

Americans have weak immune systems nowadays. We need to toughen up. I ate some sliders once in Portugal That I knew tasted and smelled very bad and it felt like I was going to explode out of every opening I had. Ever since then my stomach is like it's made out of cast iron.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This reminds me a little bit of a mass outbreak event that I recorded back in 2011:

At least 6 schools experienced sudden mass outbreak of unkown illness in the last week

By the end of that thread we ended up finding more than 15 mass outbreak events which all happened at schools and all within the period of about one month. It was clearly a huge outbreak event, in every single case a group of students spontaneously fell ill at nearly the exact same time. Several of the events had over 200 students from the same school falling ill on the same day, with an overall total of almost 1.5 thousand ill (in the span of a month), all experiencing the same symptoms. Check this post for a summary I made about the events.

The media didn't seem to report on that story at all, even though it was clearly a huge story. And then it just suddenly seemed to stop. There were no more mass illnesses at schools and everything went quiet. I often think back on that thread and wonder what ever happened or what is going to happen in the future. Will there be another mass outbreak event like that? Are we possibly seeing the start of such an event now? I don't like to make such doomish predictions but I've always felt like that 2011 outbreak event was the start of something much larger.
edit on 8/10/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

1500 getting sick is not really that many though. Out of how many million school kids total? 1500 people in NYC alone would be a tiny percentage.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

TKDRL

1500 getting sick is not really that many though. Out of how many million school kids total? 1500 people in NYC alone would be a tiny percentage.

It is a lot when you remember that this happened within the span of one month and it only includes school children. I have yet to find any other reporting of that many schools experiencing mass outbreaks within the same month, I haven't seen anything close to it. And it wasn't just a few students from each school, in many cases more than half the students in the whole school fell ill on the same day. Adding to that is the suspicious nature of the outbreaks, the illness came on so fast and so sudden that in many of the cases it was suspected by officials that a natural gas leak or carbon dioxide poisoning was responsible, but they never found any traces of anything suspicious in the air at any of the schools.

The final official conclusion reached in most of the cases was that it was caused by norovirus or shigella (both stomach bugs). However, the incubation period for norovirus is a minimum of 24 hours and shigella typically takes even longer before the symptoms appear, making it very unlikely that all these kids would experience a sudden onset of symptoms at the exact same time. In one event a firefighter who was sent to the scene even fell ill and had to be transported to hospital. Furthermore, in most of these cases the entire school was closed and disinfected. Within the span of one month at least 10 schools were closed and disinfected. There is absolutely nothing normal about that.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Makes me wonder, My daughter and I had sub sandwiches at subway the other day, and we were both sooo sick. Still are. She is home from school. We are in AZ.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

If only the Feds had been around then to stop that outbreak...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

CINY8
Not sure if this is a scare tactic or curious timing...they are saying that this strain seems to be resistant to drugs and is effecting twice as many people as a usual outbreak would.

Salmonella tied to Foster

About 42 percent of patients reporting complete information have been hospitalized, about double the proportion typically expected from a salmonella outbreak, Reynolds said. Of 183 complete cases, 76 patients have been hospitalized. Among those, many infections appear to be resistant to the most common antibiotics used to them, she added.

And here's the problem - without the CDC working on this issue, like they normally would, the contaminated meat will remain in them market place.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
Just wanted to add that I am in the Food Service business and as of this morning the USDA is still sending alerts for possible foodborne illness' and contaminations.

This morning there was an alert about salmonella and peppers from Orange County California.

There you go, coming along and posting facts to destroy someone's story!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join