It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Exorcists: Four on Trial for Kidnap and Torture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

A group of former members of a US-based protestant church, the Seventh Day Adventist, are on trial in France for torturing a 19-year-old woman while attempting to exorcise “the devil” out of her in shockingly-violent style.

The trial of three men and a woman, all of French Caribbean origin, kicked off on Monday, with the group being charged with kidnapping, acts of torture and barbarism, reports AFP.

They are accused of tying up the young Cameroonian woman, Antoinette, in the position of Jesus Christ on the cross and keeping her bound to a mattress for a week.

The four, including her former boyfriend Eric Daeron, were confident that the teenager’s body had been possessed by the devil. According to defendants, Antoinette jumped on Daeron mumbling something incomprehensible. After the attack – which they believed was a proof of her being possessed by evil - they decided to try an exorcism. 

When police found Antoinette in Grigny, a southern Paris suburb, she was dehydrated, emaciated and showed signs of having been beaten. The woman later told investigators that her captors fed her small amounts of oil and gave her water just to keep her alive.
RT

The article goes on to say this happens more than most would expect. In this case it wasn't sanctioned by any organization so I guess it's ok if it is. Parents abandoned their child because an exorcism failed in one case. It seems to me the people doing these things need to be medicated.

Superstition can be dangerous even in civilized nations. I wanted to say WTH possesses people to perform an exorcism.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: Link

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Grimpachi

A group of former members of a US-based protestant church, the Seventh Day Adventist, are on trial in France for torturing a 19-year-old woman while attempting to exorcise “the devil” out of her in shockingly-violent style.

The trial of three men and a woman, all of French Caribbean origin, kicked off on Monday, with the group being charged with kidnapping, acts of torture and barbarism, reports AFP.

They are accused of tying up the young Cameroonian woman, Antoinette, in the position of Jesus Christ on the cross and keeping her bound to a mattress for a week.

The four, including her former boyfriend Eric Daeron, were confident that the teenager’s body had been possessed by the devil. According to defendants, Antoinette jumped on Daeron mumbling something incomprehensible. After the attack – which they believed was a proof of her being possessed by evil - they decided to try an exorcism. 

When police found Antoinette in Grigny, a southern Paris suburb, she was dehydrated, emaciated and showed signs of having been beaten. The woman later told investigators that her captors fed her small amounts of oil and gave her water just to keep her alive.
RT

The article goes on to say this happens more than most would expect. In this case it wasn't sanctioned by any organization so I guess it's ok if it is. Parents abandoned their child because an exorcism failed in one case. It seems to me the people doing these things need to be medicated.

Superstition can be dangerous even in civilized nations. I wanted to say WTH possesses people to perform an exorcism.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: Link

I didn't know the Seventh Day Adventists did exorcisms. It could be they were a branch off, like David Koresh was. Oh, French Caribbean. Could it be they were Voodoo followers from Haiti? Then it makes sense that they would do that if they practiced Voodoo.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I hold in my hand my faith in humanity. ....Aaaaannndd it's gone.
edit on 8-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I met someone a long time ago who told me that because he had a non-Christian non-traditional religious affiliation that, while living in a small Southern US town, where what he believed was considered to be "evil" he had a very scary incident happen.

There was a dinner in someone's home from the Church and he was there. Next thing he knew it was a set-up, like an "intervention" except to get the "demon" out of him. They forced him into a chair and tied him up. They kept praying and yelling and freaking out for a very long time. Things grew progressively more intense as they played out their "story" that he had a "demon" in him. They told him he was not leaving that house until the "demon" (his personal beliefs) had been cast out.

It was terrifying. He knew he was alone. No one would help him and "the law" was part of this same church so there would be no help there either. Finally, seeing the writing on the wall, he pretended to go along with them in order to get free. He said it cost him hugely, in an emotional sense, and left his sense of integrity in shreds. That did the trick and his kidnappers and emotional abusers freed him. He moved from the area as soon as it was humanly possible.

Fear causes people to do horrible things. Fear of "the other," in whatever guise, is the source of massive amounts of pain in the world. Needing people to conform, and to feel in control of what other people do with their lives is also part of this. Having a "group think" mentality tends to not only reinforce the "story" that is behind the abuse, but also diffuses the sense of personal responsibility to the point where they 1) don't feel responsible for what happens to the person, and 2) think they are doing the right thing, the Will of God, even. It's scary.

peace,
AB

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Their biggest defense is because she jumped on her boyfriend and spoke something in an unknown tongue? So they then attempted to exorcised her?
Here in America we call that foreplay.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

I hold in my hand my faith in humanity. ....Aaaaannndd it's gone.
edit on 8-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Are you just now learning that humanity is abundantly cruel to each other? There are mean and terrible people in this world, we just have to not be like them.

The other night where I live a lady flipped out nuts, fought two strong policemen and broke the straps on the gurney they put her on. She was all of 100 pounds and the two policemen took over half an hour to get control over her. This happened in the hallway in my building.

I had heard she had tried to commit suicide with a knife. Her boyfriend called the police but they were unprepared for it. At least they didn't shoot her. The firemen and ambulance were called, that's why the gurney was there. It took two policemen, three firemen, and two paramedics to get her on the gurney and strapped down, of which she broke.

But at least they got her to a safe place. Her boyfriend did not try to do an exorcism on her. He was too high on drugs himself. But this 100 pound woman fought off all those grown men, that must have been some powerful drugs she was on.

I heard it when I had gone on the elevator from a friend's apartment, I didn't know yet anything was happening until I stepped off the elevator and heard her screaming over and over "Get the *blank* off me!". At that point, not wishing to be a gawker, I simply got back into the elevator and went home.

edit on 10/8/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

reply to post by AboveBoard

having participated in a few exorcisms myself, I can state confidently:
THEY ARE DOING IT WRONG.

what you're reporting here wasn't an exorcism, it's a cult brainwashing as so aptly described by AboveBoard

exorcism nowadays as relates to these cults is merely a convenient euphemism for brainwashing
many of these big churches and assorted cults are joined to the hip to MK-ULTRA and are using their playbook
in other words, they're the continuation of the MK-ULTRA program out in the open after the .gov version was exposed.

it's no different from cia infiltrating student organizations, unions, protestors etc.
when caught, religion/the dupes is blamed and the true villains remain at large.

deny ignorance, grim one.

edit on 8-10-2013 by Metaphysique because: added edit & comment

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

Explain Mk-Ultra and how churches are using their playbook. While I am sure there are some "churches" with "church leaders" that are cults, can you share with us how you know they are joined to the hip with MK-Ultra?

I thought David Koresh was anti-government. I thought Marshall Herf Applewhite was pro-alien. But maybe the Church of Scientology could be Mk-Ultra. I don't know yet, they seem to be a little on the cultish side and they are pretty big.

edit on 10/8/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I heard a saying the other day which apply to this story.

"Religion, the only thing that can make good men do evil deeds"

-Me at about 20:50 typing on a keyboard.

top topics

join