It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Channel Program JFK Beyond The Magic Bullet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Did anyone watch it Saturday night -- It was also listed as

Kennedy III - Magic Bullet

and the listing is shown as

Controversy continues to swirl around President John F. Kennedy's assassination.The final episode in this trilogy focuses on the final bits of physical evidence, a forensic examination of the unanswered questions and conspiracy theories of that fatal day.

I though it was interesting especially the testing by shooting thru the ballistic gel. It made me question my belief that one bullet couldn't do what was needed to cause the injury to both Kennedy and Connolly. They were able to get 6 wounds (instead of 7) from one bullet- it didn't go into the thigh but it also broke 2 ribs in the gel dummy and in Connolly it only broke one.

The show mainly addressed this it didn't really or should I say satisfactorily (to me) go into the number of shots total.

jm

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I just watched it tonihgt. It was a good show. I still believe there was more than one shooter. Interesting how they showed the magic bullet theory.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Awsome show!!!!! They actually made the "Magic Bullet Theory" work!! Well, almost...the thing that gets me is the lack of information on the second shooter on the grassy noll they were referring to...I'm still wondering about that one

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I guess that this show was 3rd in a series so maybe they covered the possiblilty of other shooters and angles etc. in those shows. Makes me want to look for these other shows anyway.

I just was fascinated by the ballistic gel -- I would love to be able to shoot a few different guns thru it to see how different projectiles vary.

jm

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I didn't see it, but I wonder if it a repeat of a show I saw a year or so ago. This show pretty much made you think the government was right all along and one bullet did all that damage. Adn, that there was one shooter.

It made me think that the government found credible research to shove their magic bullet theory down our throats. I don't buy it.
What amazed me is that it took all these many years to come up with this "science"!! They've been showing the "Men who Killed Kennedy" for years without much government rebuttal.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
LOL in fact ROTFL!

You don't have to look very far to see that the government, shadow government, and whoever is running the country still insist upon this absurd conspiracy theory that suggests a lone target, Lee Harvey Oswald.

They simply don't give up, "they have said what they have said." Surprisingly of course, a critical mass of people believe this nonsense, and that is enough to keep up the absurd pretense.

We may never know everything there is to know about November 22, 1963.
What we do know, who lived through it, is that things were getting better daily, then it is like a grey cloud of montrousity descended upon the US sometimes invisible, sometimes apparent.

They of the concentrated media-government cartel, keep on telling lies, expecting highly profitable results. It has nothing to do with securing anything. Rather more blood and treasure in vain is at cause for continued concentration of wealth.

I have a friend sleeping on my floor today who is totally broke. His brother is worth 20 million dollars in real estate, and he keeps it to himself. Every now and then he gives him very little, as if he were hurting to do it. He tells him "go work at Walmart." Walmart he asks? I had a recording studio until you made me sell my house, put the equity into one of your investments that failed. "I am 55 years old, and that is all you can advise?" He doesn't even know it, but he was cheated out of his inheritence.

Now if greed does that within families, how much do you think corporate greed cares about your common good as a mere customer?

All this evil is horrifying, but it gets worse on the world scene. I am thinking about calling the motherships soon, with a laser pen, the "good guys." Perhaps they can haul away the rubbish of humanity that is destroying everything. It may be science fiction now, but remember today's science fiction is tommorrow's science. Too bad our government is stuck with dismal novels like 1984, and forgot about those Jetson cars.

To return to the topic, JFK was destroyed by evil men, who continue in the background to destroy the common good. God help us all.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hang on there folks, wait just one moment!

The whole thing about the 'magic bullet' was not just the incredible amount of damage and injury this amazing projectile caused....which may or may not have been possible (and partially replicating parts of the incident ascribed to it do not prove the whole story).....

....but the point was it was supposed to have did all that and then fallen to the floor of the car completely pristine, totally intact and with no deformation (having supposedly caused all these injuries) whatsoever (and you can bet your life that 'germane-as-hell' little detail was never replicated anywhere ever)!

That is the clincher for why the 'magic bullet' has to be a crock.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
sminkeypinkey, did you watch the show? They fired a 6.5mm round, from close range, lengthwise into a wooden post and recovered the bullet in excellent condition after it had penetrated (I forget the actual distance) quite far into the material. Having seen a few photos of the actual 'magic bullet' in addition to the ones featured in the program, I agree that it is in far from pristine condition. It is partially flattened and a portion of the lead core has extruded from the base of the bullet.

What I was begging them to explain is how a full metal jacketed military cartridge could create the massive tissue disruption and exit wound exhibited by the head shot. Maybe that will be in part 4. (I hope!) Once that is established to my satisfaction I will soildly believe the single-shooter theory.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I watched alot of the show last night, it is a re-run of a show that already aired.

That bullet fired into the post at close range traveled 42" into the wood, it was a soft wood maybe pine. The bullet was in good shape when they removed it. That would actually be a very easy path for a bullet going with the grain the way they did it.

One thing I did notice in the show was how they quickly overlooked Connelly's own claim in reguards to when he was struck. The frame that he identified as the one when he was shot was a full second after JFK was hit(this is where the bullet pauses in midair arguement comes from). The computer generated sequence that they made up made it appear to be at the same time, but looking at the video footage JFK appeared to react before Connelly.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think I may not have been clear -- I still think there was more than one shooter - I personally believe that the head shot was from the front of JFK - but that show did make me rethink that one bullet hit both JFK and Connolly. I am saying that it is a possibility.

I would still like to see all of the shows in a row -- I guess somehow I missed them the first time it was on.

Sorry for any confusion I caused

jm

edited for fumble fingers......

[edit on 16-11-2004 by justme1640]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I watched that show. in it they showed why the magic bullet wasn't so magic by the position of jfk and the man in front of him. But even with that evidince i still say there was more than one shooter. Not the guy on the grassy knoll but the man in the sewer drain. Read the book coup de taute in america. Not sure how to spell it, but good book none the less. In that book the say it was three known cia operitives:frank sturgis ,howard hunt,and a oswald lookalike.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
What I was begging them to explain is how a full metal jacketed military cartridge could create the massive tissue disruption and exit wound exhibited by the head shot. Maybe that will be in part 4. (I hope!) Once that is established to my satisfaction I will soildly believe the single-shooter theory.

Is this the exit wound in the back of his head? HOw could this be if they claim he was shot from behind?

I will never believe that the raggedy-a rifle found at the scene and one man did the deed.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i think the jfk assasination is very interesting and i would love to know what really happened

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
missed it anyone know when it will replay??

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Sorry -- no I don't know when it will be on again -- but I will be keeping my eye out for the whole series next time.

jm

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
the whole lone nut thing is bull. Oswald was not the only one involved, most probably a fall guy who was conviently shot down before anyone really had a chance to check him out properly.

JFK was taken out by some group within America who didnt like him. Bobby was probably taken out by the same people.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I didn't see the show. Can anyone tell me this, what state was their bullet in after the shooting? Because the "magic" bullet from the assasination was found to be in flawless condition. No marks or dents at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
He was shot from the front to the throat. These are gory. Don't look if it'll bother you. It's obvious no bullet hit him from the direction of the Book Depository Building which was 80 yards at 4 o'clock behind him. No way.

The Zapruder film shows his head snapping BACK after his brains fly everywhere. That's a frontal bullet. The Warren Commission LIED. That was the beginning of the WHOLESALE deception of the US population, that has continued to this very day--with Diebold machines and a trumped-up Democratic candidate the very image of his--frat bro--competitor. But, anyway, here are the films everybody should see.
www.abidemiracles.com...
www.abidemiracles.com...
www.abidemiracles.com...
www.abidemiracles.com...
www.abidemiracles.com...
www.abidemiracles.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think I heard an ad saying that this program airs again tonight on the History Channel. Don't quote me on that; check local listings. Monday night the HC program Investigating History takes on the assassination, too. I don't think i have seen that one.

DToM, I have real trouble believing that head wound was made by a heavy jacketed military bullet. Such a wound could easily have been caused by a pre-fragmented or rapidly expanding bullet, though. In my own experience, I have fired 55grain .223 semi-jacketed soft point bullets into melons and jugs of water. When the bullet expands very rapidly the exit wound is quite a bit larger than the entrance because material is ejected from the entrance wound by the pressure created inside the target. Also, the target fell off the target stand in the direction from which the shot came every time. (Yes, I got the experiment out of a Penn & Teller book.
but it worked exactly as described.)

The recreation bullet was flattened and had a distinct bend along its length after stiking a bit more bone in the targets, but was still intact. The 'pristine' condition of the 'magic bullet' is also misleading. Here are a couple of articles that examine the CE-399 projectile:
Was the "pristine" bullet really pristine?
Governor Connally's Wrist Wound and CE-399 (hi-res pics)

rear view of CE-399

edit: used the right word this time. Thanks, proofreader!

[edit on 20-11-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thanks for those links Spectre -- I glanced at them quickly and will look at them more closely tonight when I have more time to peruse it and get a better understanding of what they say.

You also said "When the bullet expands very rapidly the exit wound is quite a bit larger than the entrance because material is ejected from the entrance wound by the pressure created inside the target. Also, the target fell off the target stand in the direction from which the shot came every time. (Yes, I got the experiment out of a Penn & Teller book. but it worked exactly as described.)"

I am probably not understanding what you are saying (not a uncommon occurance in my life
) the large head wound was in the back wasn't it so I would think that was the exit wound and if I remember correctly he fell forward so the shot was from the front - right? It that is what you are saying that is what I always believed - so if I am reading this wrong could you clarify......

thanks
jm

top topics

<<   2 >>

join