It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I've searched ATS for a thread on this movie (Triangle) and didn't find anything, so I decided to start my own. I do not have much to add or elaborate but thought I'd share this movie on ATS because of the topic it debates. My own perspective tells that this movie is not about time-loop or any supernatural events (while it is as well, in a certain way), but for me it's really more about the child than anything else. Anyway, this is the movie:

[SNIP]

This is a very complex movie and most will think that there are many plotholes and mistakes but that is not the case, in my opinion even the "mistakes" were made on purpose. I hope I can get some insights in here because I feel I haven't understood this movie completely yet.

edit on 7-10-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed embedded movie due to copyright issues

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This was one wild movie. I highly recommend it.

This was kind of like a twilight zone version of Groundhog day. She is trapped in a time loop, until all things are set right.

This could almost be a re-write of the story of Sysyphus, pushing the boulder up the hill, only to watch it come back down again, repeatedly.
edit on 10/6/2013 by Klassified because: Rewrite/Clarity

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
One of my favourite sci fi films. I often wonder, what if my life is like this. I die and restart my life all over, again and again.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Had not heard of this or seen it, but just watched it - thanks for sharing! Pretty good movie. Pretty freaky... and not quite sure where things are left at the end, so yes definitely a bit of a mind warp... but glad to have seen it!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kromaion

‘Triangle’ is one of my favorite movies ever. I’ve come across so few people that have ever seen it. I would like to hear more about how you see it as being more about the child, please share. I would also like to hear others’ insights as well.

I’ve watched ‘Triangle’ a few times and I think it has different layers of meaning and could be interpreted in different ways. After the first time I saw it, I thought the "message" was that no matter how hard you try, you can’t change your life. You’ll just keep developing “amnesia” again (with moments of déjà vu) and not recognize when you are falling back into the same habits and patterns that you want so much (and try so hard) to change. Then after death you reincarnate with amnesia and this sense of déjà vu, and live it all over again. Which is pretty bleak. But I've since thought of other ways it could be interpreted. Some are a little more positive, others are not.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I really enjoyed this movie.

It's one of those low-budget SciFi channel/Chiller channel movies that you might plop down to watch because nothing else is on and then it smacks you in the face - "WOW! What a great story!!"

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kromaion

Just went in the media queue as per ATSers recommendations, thanks!
edit on 7-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Since the movie was deleted from the original post, I thought I would come back and post that the film being discussed here is the 2009 film ‘Triangle’ with Melissa George. My reason for posting this is because there have been other films made called ‘Triangle’ or ‘The Triangle’, so maybe that may help others coming to the thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I've now been watching it for 72 hours.... and it just wont.....

Excellent! Thanks for mentioning this movie! Loved It.
GTD

new topics

top topics

join