It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors being BRIBED by Big Pharma -The Truth Revealed.

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Shocking and terrifying facts have been revealed how big pharma is knobbling our doctors to give you experimental and dangerous drugs with extra large margins regardless of the harm they may do you.This callous and shocking fact has been revealed for the first time and the scale of the bribery is scandalous.

All of this done with the help of your congressman who are all crooks and on the take.

An average 240040 people are reported killed every year by adverse reaction to dangerous drugs.Many are not reported or linked so the true figure is much higher.

Did you know that big pharma spend $761.3 MILLION on bribery.

And remember these are only disclosed payments.The true figure will be much higher.Have you heard how glaxo,pfizer and novartis are being investigated in a massive bribery/corruption probe in china?

Check the news at this horrific revalations.

Last year, $761.3 million in disclosed payments from 12 companies was paid to doctors in the United States, according to ProPublica.org, $59.5 million of it to doctors in Texas. That tops the list, along with Florida, California, and New York. Look up your state: (projects.propublica.org...). That's just disclosed payments. Think of all the undisclosed payments as well as other side benefits and perks, such as luxury vacations or comped equipment. According to the disclosure documents, the payments were for consulting, speaking, research, and expenses. But think of the possibilities - fast track drug approvals, circumvent FDA rules, the possibilities are endless. No wonder it's a secret. It also offers insights into your state's politics as well as things like insurance laws.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Now here is the even more terrifying facts.

They are gradually taking over the Universities and teaching curriculum to brain wash the students into prescribing only their drugs.All alternatives teaching to be banned under threat of expulsion.

In addition to rewarding doctors for moving their product, Big Pharm is investing in research universities, cancer clinics, and the like. That way the next generation of doctors only knows the solutions they want known, and as patients are taught to not question their doctors, this helps maintain profit margins.

This is very scary.

When you go to a doctor he is not interested in your health at all but in how much money he can make for big pharma by prescribing the most expensive and highest profit drug to YOU.

Here is the bribery list dollars for doctors

projects.propublica.org...

Here is a list of CRIMINAL ACTIONS by these drug companies.

projects.propublica.org...
edit on 6-10-2013 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Oct 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Sun Oct 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: more EX tags

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
BadBecky, do you have any formal medical training

like any anything because if you did you would know that "big pharma" and your doctors are basically necessary and for the most part they do good (yes some bad apples), for example with out "big pharma" we would not be able to treat cancers or preform major surgeries.

Additionally if you did have any medical training of any kind you would also know how to appraise health care literature and know that basing your healthcare advice to others based "naturalnews" is like basing it on the skid marks found on toilet paper.
edit on 6-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think sometimes the truth is somewhat in between the best and worst you can imagine.

I think this exaggarates the situation, and as as the last poster pointed out, forgets to include the beneficial part of pharmaceuticals.

But

There is some shadowy goings on, that is for sure. My husband has worked for many years in "big pharma" as the americans say. This is his last month in pharmaceuticals as he has quit, and is going into another (related) field. Part of the reason is his growing doubts about the ethics of this field and the company he works for.

In our case, we are in France, where the bribery has been long outlawed and enforced- they are not allowed to give a doctor so much as a pen or notepad, no samples either. As I have cousin working for Pfizer in the US, I know that this is not true over there. Gifts, samples, even trips are offered to doctors in exchange for prescription.

Here also, no advertising is allowed for medicines, whereas in the US it is common practice (and gives an added reason for the companies to raise prices!).

As for the more in depth manipulations, I am ignorant of what is going in in the US. What we have foudn is that there is some questionable covering up of study results (in which each company undertakes the study of their own products- it isn't even done by a neutral third party). Though if some doubtful correlations arise, they avoid telling the doctors... but they also stop offering the molecule and quickly and quietly take it off the market. -There is action to save their own ass, but not willful intent to put others in harms way.

Any substance that can have an impact upon the biology can be both a beneficial or destructive agent. It is all about dosage, combination of treatments, and context- the state of the individual biology. It is virtually impossible to have drugs which can help people without the occasional one it hurts.

Recently my husbands company decided to take a drug off the market, because two women gave birth to children with a cleft lip after taking it. This, after women have been taking this drug since the mid 70's! We're talking two out of thousands and thousands! There is no other reason to believe they are linked except that there was two and not one, out of thousands. In a court of law, they cannot be held responsible. Yet they stop selling it anyway, just in case.

My stance is that, people need to remain vigilant and place controls and laws upon these companies to keep them on their toes that way- so go ahead and be critical minded. But don't go into a exaggerration- to get rid of medications altogether is a ridiculous idea.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I thought this was common knowledge all over the world, IMHO the pharma industry is as evil as it gets, maybe right next to bankers and the government because they too profit from the suffering of millions of people.

The reason I know this is because I personally know people involved in bribing doctors with "gifts", (expensive) concert tickets, trips, etc in exchange for prescribing their drugs. It's not a conspiracy, it's a FACT, at least here in Brazil.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The thing is, even if doctors are being bribed to prescribe brand name drugs they still have to pass through two other checks. That's the pharmacist and the insurance company. At least in my state the doctor must write "Dispense as Written" on the script for a brand name drug to be dispensed. If they don't the pharmacist is required by law to dispense the generic if one is available unless the patient requests the brand. Even then, in many cases, the insurance company will require the doctor to justify prescribing a brand name drug over a generic before they will pay for it.

The truth is, even if the doctor has been bribed by a drug company to prescribe a specific drug there are checks and balances in place. Pretty much the only time I won't question a DAW is if it's for Synthroid. Otherwise I will call the patient and make them aware of the price and if they want I will call the doctor to get something cheaper prescribed.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Pharmaceutical reps bring lunch to doctors' offices and take docs out to dinner. It's a huge biz for the big pharmas. The patients lose. Especially since the reps clog up the offices and are in a position to hear
private info about patients. This violates the law.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Follow the Money as they say Becky.

The facts in the matter are that Big Pharma do not believe in Free Market Capitalism like a lot of America's Industries today. They just preach the lie but not so much anymore. They did not make their success from consumer driven markets but government controlled markets to make them rich.

They just believe in buying off politicians to pass their criminal laws and paying off doctors to push their drugs on to others.

Someone refute these numbers:

Big Pharma made the TOP of the list in Lobbying Industries

www.opensecrets.org...

Big Pharma spent $2,674,746,491 on Lobbying from 1998 to 2013.
That is enough money to give 6 million dollars to each congress member of which there are 435

The amount spent shows no sign of slowing down either.

Here are the top 20 Pharma Companies buying politicians:

Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America $9,745,000
Merck & Co $5,090,000
Eli Lilly & Co $4,595,000
Novartis AG $4,510,000
Pfizer Inc $4,420,000
Amgen Inc $4,270,000
Biotechnology Industry Organization $3,940,000
Sanofi $3,562,000
Johnson & Johnson $3,460,000
Bayer AG $2,910,000
Medtronic Inc $2,730,000
Roche Holdings $2,670,000
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries $2,390,000
AstraZeneca PLC $2,320,000
GlaxoSmithKline $2,030,000
Baxter International $1,871,000
CH Boehringer Sohn $1,783,000
Bristol-Myers Squibb $1,554,000
Merck KGaA $1,520,000
Covidien Ltd $1,480,000

edit on 6-10-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Watch the Youtube video available G Edward Griffin's 'World Without Cancer' and also if you have time, 'The Creature from Jekyll Island'.

While I have no real way of vetting his allegation that the pharmaceutical companies we're supposed to be all warm and fuzzy about today are actually direct descendants of the chemical industries that, among other things, produced Zyklon-B that was used in the gas chambers in WWII, I'm willing to see the connections.

This issue is ripe for a Class Action lawsuit on behalf of millions of patients in the U.S. alone... anyone know any good lawyers that aren't afraid of the worse scumbags of all time?

Do you realize that your M.D. can't recommend nutritional therapy beyond some vague 'eat right' statements, nor can s/he recommend supplements of any kind, lest they be charged with crimes, quackery, and lose their hard-won licenses? Especially with regards to cancer treatment, the 'standard of care' prescribed by the FDA, the AMA and the American Cancer Society is the rule of law. If they deviate from this, their collective asses would be on the line. Of course, the patient is never told of these behind-the-scenes threats and usually simply trusts the doctor to tell them the whole truth of their options.

I have been on Laetrile therapy now for over six months; if the FDA was correct on its stance about Laetrile, I should be dead from cyanide poisoning right now, rather than free, as far as I know, of cancer recurrence.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

signalfire
Watch the Youtube video available G Edward Griffin's 'World Without Cancer' and also if you have time, 'The Creature from Jekyll Island'.

While I have no real way of vetting his allegation that the pharmaceutical companies we're supposed to be all warm and fuzzy about today are actually direct descendants of the chemical industries that, among other things, produced Zyklon-B that was used in the gas chambers in WWII, I'm willing to see the connections.

This issue is ripe for a Class Action lawsuit on behalf of millions of patients in the U.S. alone... anyone know any good lawyers that aren't afraid of the worse scumbags of all time?

Do you realize that your M.D. can't recommend nutritional therapy beyond some vague 'eat right' statements, nor can s/he recommend supplements of any kind, lest they be charged with crimes, quackery, and lose their hard-won licenses? Especially with regards to cancer treatment, the 'standard of care' prescribed by the FDA, the AMA and the American Cancer Society is the rule of law. If they deviate from this, their collective asses would be on the line. Of course, the patient is never told of these behind-the-scenes threats and usually simply trusts the doctor to tell them the whole truth of their options.

I have been on Laetrile therapy now for over six months; if the FDA was correct on its stance about Laetrile, I should be dead from cyanide poisoning right now, rather than free, as far as I know, of cancer recurrence.

It's not so much that a doctor can't recommend "nutritional therapy" it's that they won't.
The reason being that there is no evidence to prove a lot of claims which some of the dodgier "natural" health sites propose so since medicine is based upon empircal science to do otherwise would be wrong for them.

How did you get rid of your cancer initially if you say you are free from its recurrence if you don't mind me asking?

Good luck on your remission but I highly doubt that it's the laetrile doing it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

jacobe001

Follow the Money as they say Becky.

The facts in the matter are that Big Pharma do not believe in Free Market Capitalism like a lot of America's Industries today. They just preach the lie but not so much anymore. They did not make their success from consumer driven markets but government controlled markets to make them rich.

They just believe in buying off politicians to pass their criminal laws and paying off doctors to push their drugs on to others.

Someone refute these numbers:

Big Pharma made the TOP of the list in Lobbying Industries

www.opensecrets.org...

That is enough money to give 6 million dollars to each congress member of which there are 435

The amount spent shows no sign of slowing down either.

Here are the top 20 Pharma Companies buying politicians:

Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America $9,745,000
Merck & Co $5,090,000
Eli Lilly & Co $4,595,000
Novartis AG $4,510,000
Pfizer Inc $4,420,000
Amgen Inc $4,270,000
Biotechnology Industry Organization $3,940,000
Sanofi $3,562,000
Johnson & Johnson $3,460,000
Bayer AG $2,910,000
Medtronic Inc $2,730,000
Roche Holdings $2,670,000
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries $2,390,000
AstraZeneca PLC $2,320,000
GlaxoSmithKline $2,030,000
Baxter International $1,871,000
CH Boehringer Sohn $1,783,000
Bristol-Myers Squibb $1,554,000
Merck KGaA $1,520,000
Covidien Ltd $1,480,000

edit on 6-10-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

Yes.Always follow the money.That pardon? guy is one of their Chief Ministers for Propaganda and has no end of excuses for their crimes.When that 14 year old old blond white girl got vaccine injury from the tamiflu vaccine scam he said it was a coincidence and caused by "genertics".

By the way bribes of less than $250 need not be reported.

Look more research corruption:-

Switzerland-based pharmaceutical kingpin Novartis is under investigation in Japan after two universities there recently caught the company engaging in scientific fraud. According to new reports, a former Novartis employee fabricated clinical trial data to exaggerate the benefits of the blood pressure drug Diovan (valsartan), which is currently licensed for use in more than 100 countries, and Japan's Ministry of Health is now trying to determine whether or not Novartis in any way violated Japanese law with its actions.

Two prominent Japanese universities say Novartis employee fabricated data
Since that time, it has become apparent that Shirahashi had been working for Novartis when the duplicitous data was published and had potentially fudged some of the study data intentionally in order to boost the profile for Diovan. Both the Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine and the Jikei University School of Medicine seem to think this may have been the case, as they, too, reported finding evidence of data fabrication, according to Chemistry World.

"In August, the ministry of health launched an investigation, which has led to the retraction of several papers relating to Diovan's ability to prevent angina and stroke," writes Emma Stoye for Chemistry World. "Some hospitals have stopped offering the drug, and investigations are now underway at three other universities that hosted Diovan clinical trials."

"Data was manipulated," stated Toshikazu Yoshikawa, president of the Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine back in July about the Kyoto Heart Study. The university, which had earlier affirmed that Diovan can help lower blood pressure based on its findings, later reversed its position following the discovery of fraud.

www.naturalnews.com...

In America corruption is the rule rather then the exception.Remember this is only the frauds that we know about.

A lot of these "research studies" are ghost written by big pharma.A researcher found 80% of them could not be replicated.

A whopping 80%.

Shocking.

That is enough money to give 6 million dollars to each congress member of which there are 435.

I wonder if two of these recipients of bribe money is Pardon and Bedlam?

I mean why else would anyone be such rabid supporters of corruption?

Maybe we should do some "research studies" on a anti bribery vaccine.

It would make a fortune.

It would be laced with mercury,formaldehyde,anti-freeze and all the other chemicals found in vaccines.

I could do a ghost study on how it lowered the relative risk of bribery from 2 % to 1% which would be a 100% reduction in bribery.

edit on 7-10-2013 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Yeah, that's why I agreed with you on the other thread about corruption in pharma and I haven't countered what you've said on this thread.

Oh, it wasn't me who said that the reason the girl was affected by the vaccine was down to her genetics, I was relaying what several independent and non pharma-backed studies had concluded.

I'm probably as far-removed from the tentacles of big pharma as you are so no bribes for me (although the jury's out whether you're getting similar from litigation lawyers, pardon the pun. Not once have you refuted that).
I really don't like sensationalist bull though which is why I tend to disagree with you as you're one of the biggest proponents of that on this site.
edit on 7/10/13 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Pardon?

Yeah, that's why I agreed with you on the other thread about corruption in pharma and I haven't countered what you've said on this thread.

Oh, it wasn't me who said that the reason the girl was affected by the vaccine was down to her genetics, I was relaying what several independent and non pharma-backed studies had concluded.

I'm probably as far-removed from the tentacles of big pharma as you are so no bribes for me (although the jury's out whether you're getting similar from litigation lawyers, pardon the pun. Not once have you refuted that).
I really don't like sensationalist bull though which is why I tend to disagree with you as you're one of the biggest proponents of that on this site.

Litigation lawyers? every website has ads.the lancet has ads.google using adsense makes ads popup.

I don't notice ads as i automatically ignore them/tune them out. i am not involved in litigation or lawyers who i have a low opinion of.

That is enough money to give 6 million dollars to each congress member of which there are 435.

Maybe we should do some "research studies" on a anti bribery vaccine.

It would make a fortune.

It would be laced with mercury,formaldehyde,anti-freeze and all the other chemicals found in vaccines as the advocates of vaccines CLAIM these chemicals are harmless despite the CDC.

I could do a ghost study on how it lowered the relative risk of bribery from 2 % to 1% which would be a 100% reduction in bribery. Thats how big pharma touts it drugs it does not.What do you think of a anti-bribery vaccine?

you could invent one.make your self rich instead of those bread crumbs they throw you.

here is some MORE news out about fake research by........ by you guessed it HEY ! FOLKS BIG PHARMA AGAIN AND AGAIN...

The University of New South Wales (UNSW) is back in the news after one of its own research scientists was pinned recently for potentially publishing fraudulent research data on a new skin cancer drug he developed. As reported by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC News), clinical trials for DZ13, an experimental skin cancer drug created by UNSW Professor Levon Khachigian, have been put on hold pending an investigation into a series of published studies that allegedly contain doctored or misleading diagrams.

According to ABC News, Vaux notified the school twice about the apparently fraudulent images, and roughly one year later, Khachigian voluntarily retracted three of his papers. At the time, Khachigian claimed that the duplicate images in his studies were a genuine error, implying that the incident was isolated and would not happen again.

But earlier this year, Vaux came across yet more errors of a similar nature, this time in a paper by Khachigian that actually recommended DZ13 for administration in cancer patients. Since patient safety would now be at risk, Vaux sent another urgent letter to the school calling for an investigation, as patients would soon be receiving injections of a drug for...

And Vaux was not the only one of esteem to discover such errors. Dr. Ying Morgan, a scientist who actually worked on the original research alongside Khachigian, told the media that some of the experiments carried out on DZ13 were not performed honestly and that their results were misrepresented

Oh my God...Oh my God...did you hear that? it just never ends...when will this big pharma nightmare end ...

lies deceit fraud....the corporate crooks are out in force.

BRIBERY LIES CHEATING STEALING.KILLING INNOCENT PATIENTS WITH DANGEROUS DRUGS.

and this just the tip of the iceberg and i bet you my last dollar that most of the crappy drugs out there are fraudulent with no benefit to the patient kill 240040 AMERICANS A YEAR FROM DRUG SIDE EFFECTS.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Pardon?

signalfire

It's not so much that a doctor can't recommend "nutritional therapy" it's that they won't.
The reason being that there is no evidence to prove a lot of claims which some of the dodgier "natural" health sites propose so since medicine is based upon empircal science to do otherwise would be wrong for them.

How did you get rid of your cancer initially if you say you are free from its recurrence if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry, I just saw this. The reason alternative therapies aren't for the most part 'tested' the way profit-seeking pharmaceuticals are, is because the testing costs millions and natural therapies are not patentable. Watch the G Edward Griffin movie, 'The Cure for Cancer' on Youtube for info on Laetrile.

To answer your question, I had a lumpectomy and then after much research of my own (the only research I trust and then only so far because that's based on what info I can access), I turned down radiation which is obviously carcinogenic and aromatase inhibitors which kill all remaining hormones in your body, resulting in instant fast aging, and added many supplements to my diet. Laetrile, which the AMA says is poisonous and there was a big kerfluffle over it back in the 1970s, many docs lost their license, were jailed or had to leave the country to continue prescribing it; high dose Vitamin C, selenium, curcumin...

When I said, I'm in remission as far as I know, I can only go by how I feel, no symptoms like new tumors, etc. I refuse to have any more mammograms and only a biopsy would tell me now if it's recurred. Otherwise, I await either new lumps, or wholesale metastases. I'm willing to trust the Laetrile and other supplements to keep things at bay. Either way I feel I'm living on borrowed time and what with Fukushima, the current economic mess, etc., we all are. In the end, I'd rather do this to keep going, rather than be poisoned with chemo and radiation like the people I saw in the 'Cancer Center' waiting rooms. All looking absolutely poisoned, trusting their bought-and-paid-for doctors to treat them... all seemingly not realizing that the '5 year cure rate' is timed to eliminate the stats that show that the treatment will itself cause recurrence in a bit over five years' time.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

signalfire

Pardon?

signalfire

Sorry, I just saw this. The reason alternative therapies aren't for the most part 'tested' the way profit-seeking pharmaceuticals are, is because the testing costs millions and natural therapies are not patentable. Watch the G Edward Griffin movie, 'The Cure for Cancer' on Youtube for info on Laetrile.

To answer your question, I had a lumpectomy and then after much research of my own (the only research I trust and then only so far because that's based on what info I can access), I turned down radiation which is obviously carcinogenic and aromatase inhibitors which kill all remaining hormones in your body, resulting in instant fast aging, and added many supplements to my diet. Laetrile, which the AMA says is poisonous and there was a big kerfluffle over it back in the 1970s, many docs lost their license, were jailed or had to leave the country to continue prescribing it; high dose Vitamin C, selenium, curcumin...

When I said, I'm in remission as far as I know, I can only go by how I feel, no symptoms like new tumors, etc. I refuse to have any more mammograms and only a biopsy would tell me now if it's recurred. Otherwise, I await either new lumps, or wholesale metastases. I'm willing to trust the Laetrile and other supplements to keep things at bay. Either way I feel I'm living on borrowed time and what with Fukushima, the current economic mess, etc., we all are. In the end, I'd rather do this to keep going, rather than be poisoned with chemo and radiation like the people I saw in the 'Cancer Center' waiting rooms. All looking absolutely poisoned, trusting their bought-and-paid-for doctors to treat them... all seemingly not realizing that the '5 year cure rate' is timed to eliminate the stats that show that the treatment will itself cause recurrence in a bit over five years' time.

All I can say to that is good luck.
I hope what you're doing works but if not for yourself but any family you may have, get checked out again.
At the moment you don't know what's happening do you?
By the time your body alerts you to a problem of this nature then it can be too late to reverse.
I've seen too many people trust their instincts and die.
The final stage of cancer is horrific, don't let anyone tell you otherwise and it's something that no-one can prepare for.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Ask a Pharmacist what their top 5 Prescriptions are next time you see one!!

new topics

top topics

join