It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my star posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
hey buddy
i really like the ats forum
stars are cool way to check if u good posts.
but i wonder, where can i see a list of all my posts that got stars.
i dont find this

i would like for my own personal feeling to see which posts i write what was good for public or not good. thank you for great forum ATS crew.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by exiteternity

It wasn't designed that way. I think you have to re-click on each thread and see. However it would be so useful to know, I agree.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This is as close as it gets...

Your Posts

edit on 10/5/2013 by Klassified because: re-link and edit

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

i dont see my stars there, where can i look to see them?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If you don't post a ton of threads, you can just open the ones you are on and under your own name, open the member menu and click "Posts in Thread". That will show you just the posts you made down a whole thread for seeing stats on them.

Just don't get too hung up on stars, is my helpful advice. A lot that may deserve them, don't get them and for a ton of reasons. It's as simple as people just not being in a Star-giving mood for anything that day. Then again, there are folks in the past who have had friends star them on everything, everywhere. So it varies....

Hope the way to at least see all your own posts down a thread helps?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I have noticed, (at least under the other systems) that the tally to date under the avatar, and the actual number of stars that are shown in a post are not always the same. Sometimes the differential is only one out of three added to the tally. I have no idea why that is.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
If you don't post a ton of threads, you can just open the ones you are on and under your own name, open the member menu and click "Posts in Thread". That will show you just the posts you made down a whole thread for seeing stats on them.

Just don't get too hung up on stars, is my helpful advice. A lot that may deserve them, don't get them and for a ton of reasons. It's as simple as people just not being in a Star-giving mood for anything that day. Then again, there are folks in the past who have had friends star them on everything, everywhere. So it varies....

Hope the way to at least see all your own posts down a thread helps?

I gave you a star for that Wrab

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Stars remind me of middle school popularity contests. I do not pay much attention to them really. It is not like you get a t-shirt or a trip to the ATS store for them.

It seems like an ego thing as well.

Stars..meh...just keep doing you. At the end of the day, they really do not matter.

By the way, I gave you a star to prove my own point!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

To my understanding, there is currently no way to see a list of posts that have been starred.

On the other hand, starts don't generally mean that your post was a "good" one, it usually means (I have found) that some people agree with your post. The stars on posts here have pretty much morphed into the ATS version of the 'Like' button from Facebook.

I wouldn't worry as much about how many stars you receive for a post, as I would about the quality and content of it.

Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I think you might solve it by just refreshing the page. Try it next time and you might notice the tally change.
edit on 5-10-2013 by aboutface because: stubborn keyboard

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
thank you for the reply.

i was not interested to know reason for star, or reason to focus on them or not to focus on them. just wondering if a way to see all posts that were starred.
but i do appreciete the input

thanks. case closed!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

aboutface
reply to post by smurfy

I think you might solve it by just refreshing the page. Try it next time and you might notice the tally change.
edit on 5-10-2013 by aboutface because: stubborn keyboard

No it's not that, and it's not something that happened all the time, and not so far in the new setup. The ratio was always the same though, with only one in three added. I'm not about to set my own tally counter up over it, it's just an observation.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Seems like this feature would be a lot of work for someone.

Does it really matter who starred, what posts ?

Just asking.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DeanWormer

No it doesn't matter who starred.
That is entirely irrelevant

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Ah, ok. Have a good one.

top topics

join