It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carnegie Hero Award is New Start for Felon who Saved 91-Year-old Woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Locked up in a Minnesota prison over the past year for selling coc aine, Johnson was stunned to learn this week that he is among 22 Americans receiving the Carnegie Hero award for risking his life to save a 91-year-old neighbor woman from a burning house in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota.

Audrey Stewart, 91, was in a wheelchair in a second floor bedroom at one end of her family’s home when a fire broke out in an attached garage at the other end. Wind drove the flames into the home, blocking entry through the front door.

Johnson, 33, who lived nearby, coming to the scene he learned that Stewart was still inside the house on the second floor.

He went to a living room window at the front of the structure, punched through its screen and glass, and, climbed inside.

he found her, picked her up and carried her down the stairs, eventually handing her through the window to others outside.

the prestigious award comes with a $5,000 prize and an educational scholarship.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Good for him! I hope that the state doesn't make him forfeit the prize because of his incarceration- or steal the money from him due to said incarceration.

With hope, he'll use that money to go to school...not buy more coke.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Well this shows the power of redemption(Should he not use the money to buy more coke)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

That is amazing I'm glad to see good in this world if it would have happened today he would have been arrested. again for breaking and entering.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Hushabye
Good for him! I hope that the state doesn't make him forfeit the prize because of his incarceration- or steal the money from him due to said incarceration.

With hope, he'll use that money to go to school...not buy more coke.

They cannot take the 5,000 from him. The law only requires money made from crime be taken. Will most likely be put on his books. Just because someone sells coke doesn't make them a bad person. I had the pleasure of sitting next to a man on the way to jail once (I was not). He told me about trying to work to support his kids and job loss and everything else. He turned to selling crack to support his kids. Said he just couldn't stand to see them hungry. Said he would do anything.

Remember that and this retarded war on drugs. Its a a war for money more then anything else. Its not to stop drugs its so the government controls the flow of drugs and gets its cut. The USA deals more drugs then any other country hands down Id be willing to bet. By those same people we put in authoritative positions to stop it. I don't care if he sold coke he sounds like a good man. Saving an old woman from a burning house? A+ buddy your record is clear with me forever.

new topics

top topics

join