It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sets Himself On Fire Near To White House.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by johncarter

Well thats just the thing, psychopathy is very hard to positively identify, precisely because those who carry that psycho-stigma are naturally very skilled at lying, at appearing normal. They cannot empathise with others, but they can impersonate empathy brilliantly. Their ability to manipulate is both subtle and overt, and gives them an edge during a psychometric test, and even interveiws with psychiatric professionals.

It would take a very long time to assess an individual in enough depth, over enough time, and under enough different circumstances, to positively state that they were psychopathic. Its one of the things that makes that maladjustment so dangerous.

Considering the enormous benefit mankind would gain from being able to identify and root out pyschopaths from society at a preferably early age I am sure its well worth the research. Perhaps one day in the coming decade an app might be developed that sniffs out psychopaths in the close perimeter of the appholder and warn him or her of the 'beast' at hand. Or even point the app towards the TV or computer screen and see if a speaker, politician, or any other being prtending to be a defender of rights, is in truth a raging pyschopath.

Imagine the money we would save from not following these bastards into wars, or elect them as politicians during campaigns, or police chiefs and similar.
edit on 5-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
A person can find they have been shoved into a corner by the psychopaths that run this planet.

Eventually, it's not jsut the corner that is filled with people with nothing left to loose .......but the whole room.

At that point, the psycopaths that run this world find themselves hemmed into a corner themselves.

Then it gets interesting.........and rather messy.

It is possible to look at this world as a class room. In a class room it takes only one disruptive child who demands all the attention, all the time and all eyes to be on them all the while to completely disrupt the lives of all the other children. These 'types' are psycopaths in the making and we see the same 'types' running the world.

Comes a day when 'tipping point' is reached and its not just the teacher but the whole class that picks up the psycho and throws them OUT!

Before tipping point is reached, the psycho tries to cause as much chaos as possible. This is the point we have reached.

But always the 'throwing out' point comes and peace returns..........until next school year and the next bunch of psychos arrives!
edit on 5-10-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I do not think that an app will solve this problem, today, or in a decades time. To identify a psychopath using technology would take vast finance to achieve. There would have to be examinations of the modulation of the voice, the blood pressure, the micro expressions on the face, probably some sort of brain scan, similar to that used in hosptials...

Its a very delicate set of variables that would need to be looked at, and I do not think that a palm sized bit of kit will be able to do the job in my lifetime.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You do not need an app to tell a psycopath.

Actions speak louder than words.

Funnily enough, I was watching 'Educating Yorkshire' a couple of weeks ago.

Some of the children were really naughty. How were they being 'taught' not to be bad and disruptive? The idiot teachers were telling them that they are 'leaders'! They said words to the effect that they could lead people to do anythihg and so they rewarded them with positions of authority such as prefects!

WTH! These were mini disruptive psychos and were rewarded while the children who paid attention in class and did well were virtually ignored!

The 'system' rewards the pscyos instead of giving them the 'punishment' and 'reeducation' they deserved!

No wonder schools and society is failing!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Ruining the fun? Someone tried to kill themself in protest of their Government.
Man I feel so fortunate to be half a world away from you guys.
Not hard to see what all the fema camps were setup for, they are no doubt expecting a civil war.
And the countries debt is the cause.
I wish safety upon all US citizens in these trouble times, I think you are going to all the help you can get with this..

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

You are quite right that when a young person is rewarded for bad behavior, that reinforces the idea that the behavior will gain them the respect and power that they may crave if they happen to be psychopaths. However, what I am talking about is dealing with people who have had that reinforcement for years, while having access to the best of everything, education, finances, legal support.

The trouble with psychopaths who get places, is once they are there, once they have power, they are incredibly difficult to identify. Getting involved with an effort to remove certain people from power based on thier psychology, would open a person up to extreme risk, and many of these psychopathic power brokers are very well connected people, and that means that comming forward with a concern about them places the informant in an awful lot of danger.

Remember, we are talking about people who have no compassion, no empathy, no boundaries what so ever. Add to that vast wealth and connections all over the planet, and making enemies of these people is tantamount to jumping off a bridge over a dried up river bed from ninety feet up!

We are talking about people who could make a call and have a persons children taken away, have them harrassed by law enforcement, have them disappeared, or have their word tarnished by either falsification or digging into thier pasts to flag up all the dirty secrets a human being accrues over a lifetime.

I believe it is a massive mistake to try and make this sound simple, when in fact it is deeply complicated. A great man once said "things should be made as simple as they can be, but no more" or words to similar effect. This could not be more suited to the subject which we are discussing in my veiw.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
the people of this nation are getting fed up, the cup of denial has been getting filled with truth and at its brim. and may overflow. im sure the msm wont cover much and try to sweep all this under a rug. so other people wont get mad as hell and wont take it anymore (the network) .
i dont have cable gave up on that a long time ago. so i really wont know what they are covering. im sure its not what should be on. letting people know whats really happening in the world.
im sure this is the start of many things to come... but i believe it wont be the people hurting themselves.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

BOPcaj
the people of this nation are getting fed up, the cup of denial has been getting filled with truth and at its brim. and may overflow. im sure the msm wont cover much and try to sweep all this under a rug. so other people wont get mad as hell and wont take it anymore (the network) .
i dont have cable gave up on that a long time ago. so i really wont know what they are covering. im sure its not what should be on. letting people know whats really happening in the world.
im sure this is the start of many things to come... but i believe it wont be the people hurting themselves.

Well said. I don´t know if you have noticed but the society is rapidly descending into total decay, chaos and anarchy. This year has almost been unprecedented. I think our politicians and resident psychopaths are starting to getting really scared. Have you noticed how tense they all look nowdays whenever they are on the tube.

They must feel the hate towards them filling the air around them and they know what awaits them should they really loose control over our society. Lamposts filled with hanging corpses, anyone?

So many ppl have suffered the rulings and many ridiculous laws created by these clowns they must sense it themselves their time is up either the end of this year or the next.

The recent 'actions' by desperate ppl in DC , declared insane on the tube by MSM, is but the few drops of a rainstorm come calling this nation.

The perfect storm is really soon upon us.

You just wait and see.
edit on 5-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

TrueBrit

At the end of the day, psychopaths like power. Where ever they can most easily gain it, is where you will find them more often than not.

It occurred to me last night (if only there were a way to truly slumber in the depths of dreams unrelated to daily life...), that I'd stumbled upon something I would never have considered had I not read Jon Ronson's book about the Psychopath Test.

1. Psychopaths are considered to be "technically" sane but suffer from a dysfunction of the amygdala. (As Ronson, himself, asked a man whose lecture he'd attended, "So should we feel sorry for them, then?" The reply was (and I'm paraphrasing from memory), "Why? They don't give a d*mn about us."

2. As you mentioned, they are constantly evaluating the actions and motivations of those around them in terms of how they can be manipulated in the most beneficial way for said psychopath.

Now apply the Peter Principle to politics. It's the stuff of nightmares to consider that politics is nothing but a magnet for the psychopath and that, eventually, said psychopath can only rise to the level at which they are no longer able to manipulate the more efficient psychopaths....

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

I believe you may have just explained the entire political spectrum of that which is laughably called the free world.

The theory you put forward certainly appears to account for all the madness that the US is encountering at this time, and the sheer class hatred being enacted by the leadership of the UK at present as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So plenty of folks are programmed to stage such events.......keeps media busy...what the problem u know it happens....or they folks just freak out.....both possibilities are probable

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Ya we'll he promised change.. Lol .. Sorry I've never been a fan.. I one of those die yards that still question his nationality...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just a update and letting everyone know that the man died of his burns today.

WASHINGTON — A man who set himself on fire on the National Mall in the nation's capital has died of his injuries, District of Columbia police said Saturday.

Officer Araz Alali, a police spokesman, said the man died Friday night at a Washington hospital. The man's name and age were not immediately known, and his burns were so severe that authorities will need to use DNA and dental records to identify him, Alali said.

startribune

I don't know who you were or why you did it but rest now and pass on peacefully.
edit on 5/10/2013 by skuly because: ...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Then may God show him more mercy in heaven, than he was shown here on Earth.

Rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

What ever happened to streaking ?
Any way thumbs up OP.

SnF

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
terrible he passed away. its always sad when a human being passes.

he must have told someone exactly why he did that.
yes i know there have been many protests in this manner.
but i would like to know exactly why.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Guy's a nut job.. I don't care why he did it. The fact he is so stupid to set himself afire tells me whatever his cause is, is no cause I want part of.. Hell might as well have Heavens gated hail bopped out..

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by skuly

Then may God show him more mercy in heaven, than he was shown here on Earth.

Rest in peace.

Amen

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

It's unfortunate that this man has done this in vein because our society is way to apathetic to care about such
an event! There will be no change, outrage or notice of events such as these because this has no effect on the
lives of the majority! The only way we will ever see public outrage would be at a definitive crossroad that would have a definite effect on the bulk of our country! As long as the majority has food, water, warmth and
the selfish drive towards that me, me and only me attitude we will only see our lives deteriorate into madness!
At one time I had some hope for our ability to unify and revolt against the evil which is so prevalent in our society but today I see I was deluded! Now I know the only thing which has the ability to bring about our salvation is Christ's return! May his return be hastened by the need and desperation we so utterly require!
I realize that there are many people here that are not religious, don't believe in a power higher then ourselves
and are in complete denial of this as a possibility! Many of us believe this way because of all the horrible things
that happen to us all! Though to deny God because of the existence of evil would be to deny light because of the existence of darkness! In the end the light will reign over the darkness and love will bind us to the truth that is in each of us through our savior Jesus Christ! Don't deny the light because we can see only darkness!
Please at least keep an open mind into his existence and be not surprised when the revelation pierces the darkness!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join