It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raging Boehner Punctures Rally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Please excuse the title ATS. I just post them as I find them.

Lookout for the next couple of weeks if you have any stock or bond investments. The artificial Fed QE driven bloated markets are going to get (more) volatile in the days to come.

Raging Boehner Punctures Rally

It was all going so well... restating the same old news that Boehner would not end the world was working for a few more points every time and managed to get the S&P up to "shutdown" levels to run the stops. But then, reality hit...

*BOEHNER SAID TO TELL MEMBERS HE WON'T PUT CLEAN CR ON FLOOR
    *BOEHNER SAYS 'THIS ISN'T SOME DAMN GAME'
    *BOEHNER SAYS HE HAS NO INTENTION OF `ROLLING OVER' ON SPENDING

And sure enough stocks start to tumble...

The Washington DC rhetoric game does more than make bad theater. It affects every person who has a 401K and retirement plan in the US. Not to mention international investors.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

"Quick guys, I am about to say that the deadlock will continue into the new year, sell,sell, sell."

I bet politicians have excellent portfolios as they are keenly aware, dare i say, the direct cause of these types of fluctuations you have pointed out.

Yawn....Maybe buy up some stocks for end of the world preppers.
edit on 4-10-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Stocks falling and Wall Street is po'd at the Republicans right now because they were prepared to cash in on Obamacare. Boehner and Cantor had better listen to the people whose money they have been taking over the years or they will be looking for new jobs after the election.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
All due respect, but I do not pity those that still have money in this market.

After 2007-08, the housing bubble, the bank bailouts, the bonus payments, the derivitive time-bomb and the realization of massive trading done by automated algorythimic computer programs.....it is absolutely insane to even think about putting one single penny into this market.

As you highlighted, the market it as the whim of political shenannigans and posturing. I wouldn't want my money held hostage by any computer trading program or a corrupt politicain.

Tis madness I say......complete madness to invest anything right now.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The real victims of this political game of "let's shut down the government" are the employees of thousands of small businesses who rely on government contracts to supply goods or services. Welcome to FY14 Quarter 1, where none of these businesses are making the sales they had anticipated. These are the places who will be laying off employees based on not getting that projected income.

The bottom line is that the U.S. government is a major contributor to the national economy, and every day it's shut down, that economy hurts more. It doesn't hurt from the top, but Joe Blow who works for the company which expected to sell 30,000 units of gizmoratizmo in October, might just be in danger of being laid off.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

That's understandable sentiment. Still many of the unsuspecting folks out there simply have no idea what's going on. I've tried to explain this to my eldest (in her 30's) and she could barely get her head around the financials of the US. Actually she didn't quite get it at all and diverting her 401K to herself in order to invest in hard assets was beyond her. *Sigh.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

buster2010
Wall Street is po'd at the Republicans right now because they were prepared to cash in on Obamacare.

How exactly were they going to "cash in"??

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Is anybody on this thread even looking at the market? Seems to me to be trending up for the day.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Yes, I keep up a bit on the market and finances.

The question you should be asking is WHY its up, considering the state of the economy and the dollar.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

The markets are going to trend upwards until either 1) the Fed threatens to stop QE again or 2) someone does something or says something that causes a cascade failure that can't be stopped. Personally I think it will be the QE stoppage but never underestimate the stupidity of the herd mind. If someone says or does something bad enough (like a sovereign default) the markets are not going to be a place you want to be.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Just as Obamacare A.K.A. the ACA was forced upon the citizens through their "legislators", the govt. shutdown is being forced on us the same way. Tired of being held political hostage by these idiots???

Break away from the two party system and look at some people who can do some good rather than stalemate the legislative process. To be honest the very few (strong emphasis on few) decent people left in our government are found in the House. They're not all millionaires who are out of touch with the common man.

Now the Senate, that's a different story, those guys could give a rat's ass about the common citizen even when campaigning for reelection - it's nothing but broken promises, half-truths at best, and more commonly, just outright lies to appease their constituents. American politics have become nothing more than a farce.
edit on 4-10-2013 by nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ahem, speaker Boehner is right. This is not a game.

Here is my serious thinking face.

What I cant understand is... why republicans are talking about funding Government. O.o lol

Im in Bizarro land. Shouldn't you be defunding the Government? Cuttin the bloat! you know, making it smaller, more efficient. No?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Wires

buster2010
Wall Street is po'd at the Republicans right now because they were prepared to cash in on Obamacare.

How exactly were they going to "cash in"??

When a company is expected to make money it's stock goes up. Obamacare makes everyone in the nation by medical insurance. This is a capitalist wet dream.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

nucleardoom

Just as Obamacare A.K.A. the ACA was forced upon the citizens through their "legislators", the govt. shutdown is being forced on us the same way. Tired of being held political hostage by these idiots???

Break away from the two party system and look at some people who can do some good rather than stalemate the legislative process. To be honest the very few (strong emphasis on few) decent people left in our government are found in the House. They're not all millionaires who are out of touch with the common man.

Now the Senate, that's a different story, those guys could give a rat's ass about the common citizen even when campaigning for reelection - it's nothing but broken promises, half-truths at best, and more commonly, just outright lies to appease their constituents. American politics have become nothing more than a farce.
edit on 4-10-2013 by nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

Obamacare was debated, voted and went through the Supreme court and made into law this shutdown was not. So the ones holding us as political hostages are the Tea Party because other members of the GOP want to end this shutdown.

Show me some politicians that are still in touch with the common man.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

What makes me smile in this regard is that this is a forced financial event, but people still aren't buying.. I know I'm not regardless of everything, and if I get a penalty, they will have a tough time collecting when I no longer even file any taxes and claim exempt on my withholding.
I know quite a few that are doing exactly the same.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

alienreality

What makes me smile in this regard is that this is a forced financial event, but people still aren't buying.. I know I'm not regardless of everything, and if I get a penalty, they will have a tough time collecting when I no longer even file any taxes and claim exempt on my withholding.
I know quite a few that are doing exactly the same.

This is why they want everyone in the system with bank accounts and credit cards and such. This way the government can track your income and then finally ask you why aren't you paying taxes?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

buster2010
Stocks falling and Wall Street is po'd at the Republicans right now because they were prepared to cash in on Obamacare. Boehner and Cantor had better listen to the people whose money they have been taking over the years or they will be looking for new jobs after the election.

They are listening to their people, not listening to progressives is why they were voted in the first place.

For the first time in their career, I actually am satisfied with their job.

I always thought Boehner was the president's lap dog in disguise, now I'm happy he has grown a set.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Oct 2008: "You'll never get elected and pass healthcare."
Nov 2008: "We'll never let you pass healthcare."
Jan 2009: "We're gonna shout you down every time you try to pass healthcare."
July 2009: "We'll fight to death every attempt you make to pass healthcare."
Dec 2009: "We will destroy you if you even consider passing healthcare."
March 2010: "We can't believe you just passed healthcare."
April 2010: "We are going to overturn healthcare."
Sept 2010: "We are going to repeal healthcare."
Jan 2011: "We are going to destroy healthcare."
Feb 2012: "We're gonna elect a candidate who'll revoke healthcare NOW."
June 2012: "We'll go to the Supreme Court, and they will overturn healthcare."
Aug 2012: "American people'll never re-elect you-they don't want healthcare."
Oct 2012: "We can't wait to win the election and explode healthcare."
Nov 2012: "We can't believe you got re-elected & we can't repeal healthcare."
Feb 2013: "We're still going to vote to obliterate healthcare."
June 2013: "We can't believe the Supreme Court just upheld healthcare."
July 2013: "We're going to vote like 35 more times to erase healthcare."
Sept 2013: "We are going to leverage a government shutdown into defunding, destroying, obliterating, overturning, repealing, dismantling, erasing and ripping apart healthcare."
Oct 2013: "WHY AREN'T YOU NEGOTIATING???"

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Politicians throw rhetoric bombs around all the time. It's practically the only thing they do on a consistent basis. However with the Fed's QE pumping extravaganza, Wall Street over inflated to a ridiculous degree and US debt anything that effects T-Bill yields directly effects our debt repayments.

When looking at the possibility of a sovereign default within the US it is not the best idea to be throwing rhetorical firebombs around an entity (wall street) propped up by hope, prayer and fiat money.

It's not just Boehner who's guilty of this. The pres has been tossing a few around as well.

As far as not negotiating, well your list shows how many times the republicans have been hammered in the last few years. That makes them desperate and we know what happens when people get really desperate.

new topics

top topics

join