It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

remove forums feature in recent posts list...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ok so the story is I accidentally clicked the "-" in the recent posts list and I don't know how to undo it. I got mad last night and decided to click a whole bunch of them. See, I scoured the different icons looking for a way to undo it. I checked the account settings and I looked at my profile and was at a loss. Got angry, so I removed a couple dozen.

Now the recent posts list only shows posts from an hour ago or more or something. I feel like I woke up after being drunk and now everything is in disarray.

Something that's so easy to click should be hard to undo?

NOTE: I just found the answer. Last night I clicked on "forums" but did not notice the "+" signs next to the forum names. Just now I clicked on "forums" and noticed the "+" and it allows me to re-add them to the recent posts list. Honestly, I did not think the ability to undo would be there. My first reaction last night was to check the recent posts section for a button to undo. Then I checked my profile and account settings. Considering those were my first reactions, perhaps adding an indicator about how to undo IF you've already removed a forum from the recent posts list could be shown in the recent posts section. Maybe could make the indicator an "!" icon and if you hover over it it says "You have removed some forums. You can undo this by going to the forums section and clicking on the + symbol(s)."

Also... why can you not remove them from the recent post list in the forums section? Being able to see all the forum topics in the forums section makes it a better place, if you want to pre-empt doing it at a later time. However, I can see the value in having that feature in the recent posts list, I just think an indicator would help clear up confusion.
edit on 4-10-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There's actually a thread on this already but the fix is fairly easy.

Go to the ATS forum index located at:
abovetopsecret.com...

There scroll down and find each forum that you removed, it should be easy to find as they will have a "+" next to them. Go ahead and click the "+" next to each forum that you want to add back into the forum list, and that will do the trick.

Edit to Add...
Here is the other thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4.10.2013 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Thanks for trying to help. I found the answer just as you were making a reply.

Trouble is, I clicked the "-" by accident last night. I did not see what forum I removed. There's no way I can imagine I would have been able to see the + icon in the forums section unless someone told me. First, the + icons are hard to see. Second, you have to scroll. Third, there was only one I removed by accident... Considering my ignorance at the time of how it works, I'd have to come here and ask someone how to undo it. The reason I even saw the + icon a few moments ago is because last night I removed a bunch of them in an angry fit.
edit on 4-10-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just wanted to add this happened again and I had to look up this thread just to figure out how to fix it. IMHO, the forums that're removed should appear all together in a clearly marked section. When I click on "forums", it could show a link at the top that says "Click to view removed forums". Additionaly, a section header for the index could say "Visible forums" to let the user know there can be non-visible forums. Lastly, the "-" in hte recent forums list could show a popup when you click that says "You removed X forum. To show it again, re-enable it on hte forums page."

Just saying.... It's confusing as hell and hard to see the removed forums on the index page. There's got to be something better.

(in case anyone wondering how i mistakenly clicked the "-" again... well... I was lazily moving the mouse around and not thinking and saw that an image lit up and clicked it to see what it was. i forgot about the removing forum feature. it was one of those dumb moments.)
edit on 2-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

join