It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my Brain Tumours back...again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I wasn't going to write this thread until Monday, but the steroids the doc has put me on, have left me feeling a little charged up, so might as well start it now and keep you posted as things pan out.

Some of you may know I have brain tumour, and that last year it came back. At the time it was deemed too dangerous to operate, so I was put on chemo, that did a pretty good job and gave me over 12 months of feeling pretty well and active.

However a couple of weeks ago, I suffered a pretty big seizure, that I instantly knew was the tumour coming back. I managed to get an emergency MRI scan, which confirmed my fears.

After looking at the scans the surgeon thinks he can get a good go at it. Something out of the question a year ago. So on Monday I go to see the surgeon to decide whether or not to go ahead with the surgery. If I go ahead it will be my 3rd craniotomy in 11 years. The 1st was almost 11 years to the week. The 2nd was was in 2007. I was a lot younger and fitter back then, but I'm still generally young and fit, with good neurological functions. However, I am a little more concerned this time as the operation could effect my speech and motor functions. I will know more on Monday. If I decide against the surgery, I will go back onto chemo and probably won't be around for much longer.

I'm managing to take things in my stride. I'm going to need to ask the surgeon a whole load of questions and see what his opinion is and how confident he is. He did tell my oncology nurse that he thinks he might be able to get most if not all of it. You can never get all, but near enough.

I Decided there's no point crapping myself for the next few days worrying, seems pointless at this stage. I've also gotten used to this whole process by now, I'm also given the false confidence the prescribed steroids bring lol. Monday is d day really, so can't really give any more information at the moment, but will update on Monday. I think I'm going to risk surgery again at the moment, which would take place in the next 2 weeks.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I'm sorry to hear that.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I wish you all the best my friend and hope all goes well with whatever medical attention you have and go through...

I was diagnosed with Acromegaly and also had a brain tumour that was removed 6 years ago, but it also has a chance of rearing its ugly head at any time without any warning. So I have some idea of where you are coming from...

Thinking of you....

Take care...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Wow. You have had real fight. I was with my mother through her fight. It takes real courage to face something like that. Words like "wishing you luck or the best" just does not fit. "Sometimes, you have to stop and smell the roses" my mom use to say.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Good luck with your medical treatment.
Hope it all works out good for you.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I too would go for surgery, seems like the best option right now.

It's a tough situation though: the operation could leave you partially disabled, and chemo is at best an unpleasent way to gain some time.

Yes, I'd either have the operation or just go for a trip around the world to do all the things I ever wanted to do; afterall I am of the opinion that a short-but-intense life beats the crap out of dying on the toilet at 92 having spent the last 30 years watching tv and playing bingo.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
As a fellow who experiences seizures for no known reasons, I feel part of your pain.

Keep positive, and try everything you can think of, including things that conventional medicine (and law) says is bad.

Be creative, and may the infinite bless you.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
You should put it in a jar and name it Larry. Or whatever name you deem suitable.

That's what I would do.

Maybe get it put into a snow globe.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Exactly, it would be far too easy, but a huge waste of time and energy to sit around feeling glum. I feel like I just have to go with the flow. Not much else I can do. Just go with the unfolding of life.

I understand though, despite, all I've been through I sometimes don't know how to respond to people's bad luck stories on ATS and in real life. I never know what to say.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

that's a very challenging scenario. Probably as bad as it gets. Here's what I'd do. Sell all my belongings. Buy a van and tour around the country. All the while spending time, praying, reading the bible, and visiting churches and stuff. I'd also get busy on a new project in life, like writing a book for example. There's a story about a guy he was given 9 months to live by a DR because he had cancer. He was worried because he'd leave his wife nothing to support herself. So he got inspired to write a book. Got into writing it, published it, made money, and the cancer went away! And they think it's because he was inspired and had something important to life for.

I'd also consider some alternative treatments, such as acupuncture, Chinese medicine, cannibas oil, and I'd contact: Dr. Cass Ingram who wrote the book: "the cure is in the forest". He's a real MD, not just a naturopath. The thing about life is we all die, I just want to die on my terms, not someone elses. Like if I'm gonna die I'd want to be on a beach somewhere staring at the ocean, and deep in prayer. Like if I know my time is near that's what I'm gonna do.
edit on 4-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Oh sweet pea, I am so sorry to hear this. Still there is hope with the possibility of surgery. I have every confidence you will make an informed thoughtful and correct decision. Keep us apprised. Praying for you. xoxo

Buzzed on steroids huh? lmao woo hoo!
edit on 4-10-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Our household has experienced similar in recent years... your courage is beyond words spoken.

Take care brother.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

This isn't your first rodeo so I know you don't need me to tell you but I will anyways.

If you aren't a stubborn person, get that way immediately. Stubbornness will serve you well fighting this damned disease.

Is there any chance they can use the gamma knife? I had mine zapped with the gamma knife a few years ago and it was a totally non invasive procedure with no real side effects. Much better than surgury.

I'm going through radiation now myself, I just had two tumors removed from my spinal cord. Only 38 people in the world have ever been known to have Melanoma metastasize on their spinal cord. The operation was hell, I'm still in alot of pain from it. The last two + years have been nothing but a constant battle with Melanoma and my body is shot.

I wish you all the best woody, if you ever want to talk to someone who can relate pm me anytime.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Not going to patronize you and say "I feel your pain" or "I know what you are going through" but I'll strech a "virtual shoulder" and say as long as you don't give up, there is always a way. Keep us updated and best of luck!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Hi woody,

I really wish you all the best. I would opt for chemo and let destiny take its course. I would also however try possible cures in the meantime like :

www.di-ve.com...

www.timesofmalta.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

Apart from the above I would embark on a SUPER extreme healthy diet ..

- Green Teas
- Broccoli
- Ginger
- Avocados
- Honey
- Camomile

and above all else ... have faith in God

Take care and God bless you

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Hey you, good to hear from you. The roids are not like the ones the athletes take. These ones tend to get you hyped up and then a bit angry, they also come with side effects like Cushing's syndrome, which tend to give you a moon face and spots like a teenager. Not to mention sleep deprivation. Just sleeping when I can at the moment.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Man, that sounds brutal, what your going through. You seem to be doing well though. I hope the pain is not too bad.

I'm not really a stubborn person, but as soon as I get that medical gown on, I get my game face on too. At the moment, I need to wait till Monday to find out what exactly the options regarding surgery are. I'm slightly concerned I may have to have an awake craniotomy, so they can ask me questions during the operation, to see where they can go without causing too much damage.

Keep up the fight brother.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I hope and pray for you a very successful healing...I have a feeling...a miracle is waiting for you...just around the corner.

And here is an extra...
to go with all the courage you have already.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
do you know God?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Best wishes for a good prognosis.

Look to see you on this rock for many years.

beez

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join