It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with the Conspiratist World View

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

well as much as I hate facebook I think I might have found a use for the like button...may I please like your response

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I love how almost every reply in this thread starts with "I didn't watch the video but here's why it's wrong...", and then proceeds to make points that are almost completely in-line with the message of the video.

How can you shout "Deny ignorance!" as a reason to ignore something? It's cool if you disagree with everything the man says, but at least watch it first so you don't make a fool of yourself.

I love you guys, but reading this thread is like watching Jimmy Kimmel's segment where he asks people on the street whether they prefer Obamacare or the ACA, and they all defend the ACA while bashing Obamacare because they don't realize they're the same thing.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AlliumIslelily

I understand what you're saying, but the responsibility lies with the OP to give a breakdown/outline of what the video entails. This is standard procedure on ATS. And has been for a lot longer than I've been around. The reasons for this are varied.

Some members can't watch video
Most of us are not going to spend an hour of our day watching something we know nothing about.
It's also just plain common courtesy. Besides being in the T&C's if I remember correctly.

The OP could have made this thread totally different from the start, and it would have been a much better discussion.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ok. I've watched as much of this video as I can stomach. I don't completely disagree with what this gentleman says, but I certainly have a few bones to pick with him.

No Police State:
Well, that's easy enough to say when you aren't the one who has been beaten senseless, tased, had your head chewed on by a canine, watched the TSA molest your wife and children, etc. etc. etc.
It doesn't take the proverbial rocket scientist to figure out the way things are headed.

Violence Down:
According to who? TED? Maybe we need to move this guy to Detroit for a while. Statistics are only as good as the people collecting them.

Advertisers and media only do what they do because of greed:
One name. Edward Bernays. Propaganda wouldn't be much good if you didn't have an outlet to spread it, now would it? That would include advertisement too. Anyone with an average IQ that watches enough commercials, can see many advertisers are selling more than a product. They are selling a mindset.

No Global Kabal:
Mr. Zap makes a lot of assumptions here. He assumes because there is resistance to such a kabal, that kabal doesn't exist. He believes there are factions, all vying for dominance. I'll go for that. Up to a point. But to say there is no group of men/women on the planet that have a good grip on politics and finances globally, is an opinion. It is not a fact. Even though he states it as such. The old saying is, "birds of a feather flock together." This certainly seems to be true of those who consider themselves above the rest of us globally.

The very nature of a person who looks at the world with a perspective that not everything is what it seems to be, requires a mind that is willing to stretch beyond it's comfort zone in more than one direction. A mind willing to think outside of societal norms and restraints, but also willing to think within them when necessary. A mind willing to let go of preconceived notions, and biases that fit our paradigm, and personal tastes.

I don't see that this man has a corner on how I, or anyone else, should think.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Conspiracist is not a word.

Do you mean a conspiracy researcher or conspiracy investigator?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by corsair00

Conspiracist is not a word.

Do you mean a conspiracy researcher or conspiracy investigator?

Well the op did spell conspiracist wrong, but since you spelled it correctly probably because of autocorrect knows the word or the fact that you already know subconsciously it is a real word. Here is the definition either way.
con·spir·a·cist
Pronunciation: \kən-ˈspir-ə-sist\
Function: noun
Date: 1976
: one who believes or promotes a conspiracy theory

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join