It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why join any form of goverment or group when all they do is lie?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
What people fail to realise is we don't need government but government need us. Does it really take a bunch of privilaged blue bloods, with the power of destruction at their fingertips and an agenda of personal power and wealth, to provide a community with ANY kind of services?
People act like we wouldn't know what to do if there was no government to tell us. How stupid is that?
We are so lazy as a society we would rather give up our liberty to a bunch of criminals than have to deal with governing ourselfs.
Government has to justify it's existance daily, and it does that by creating enemies that it has to protect us from (e.g. Iraqi's, criminals, drug takers, commies). And we pay for all of it!! Man are we being duped!!

"If there was no government, wouldn't there be chaos?
Everybody running 'round letting petrol bombs off.
And if there was no police force, what would people do,
If thirty thousand rioters came running after you?
Didn't think of that did ya?"
�Crass

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is a great thread, with some excellent and diverse points being raised. I'll try and stick with the original post for now.

I've often considered the possiblity of the formation of a new party, which isn't shackled or corrupted by corporate interests, and doesn't play up to the backbiting, spin doctoring party politics which grab the headlines and divert us from the real issues. I'd love to do it, be part of a political revolution, for the re-instatement of real democracy through the formation of a party of integrity and democracy, that is credible enough to be elected.
I admit though that it is a hugely idealistic, and masssively difficult, if at all possible task.

For a start, a political party needs an infrastructure, representatives, a HQ. It needs a means of communicating with the people. It needs clerical administration and materials. All this costs money - lots of money. A political party needs a lot of money just get from someones head out into the real world.
Even the Labour party relies on donations to keep it running. It is these donations and financial affiliations that can affect a party's integrity. How do you keep a politcal party financed without affecting what you stand for? Can you rely on outside funding? Can you finance it yourself? You see the catch 22 situation here?
Money rules, unfortunately. But is there a way of doing it without money? Could a group of people with a common vision, with the smarts and motivation to achieve something tangible come together and manage a party without the need for money?

Money aside, there are other obstructions and pitfalls to overcome for such a party. How does a one avoid the nastyness of party politics; the spin, the slander, the lies that currently blight the system, cause us to distrust politicians, and ultimately lead us to this discussion?

Where and how should one pitch the party to the public? Would people vote for it? How do you gain to votes for it given its (at least initial) obscurity?

The big questions though for me are: -
Given the eventual possibility of such a party coming to prominence, government even, is it possible to remove the corruption and deliver the power and the truth to people? What would happen if all the things that act against the people were suddenly purged from the political paradigm? What would the people with money, who are used to, and demand inlfuence and power do?

These are questions that I'd like to see answered, not in a platonic or hypothetical manner, but through the reality of such a situation. Although the reality of forming a party that could upset the applecart and actually do something is hugely daunting, with a miniscule likelyhood of success, the idealistic part of me feels that this should happen. I still dream of a proper democracy, free of corruption, deceit, oligarchy and corporate rule, and I hope that enough people feel the same for a shift in politics to truth, integrity and real democracy to take hold.

~daydream over~

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Good question... and the americans have shown how much voting really does...

[edit on 17/11/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Oh C'mon!!!
How dare you compare the MRLP to that heap of �RAP??

Sorry mate, posting late night afyer many a beer and read how dare you compare the MRLP (as republican party) ?don't ask, to that heap of �RAP
Doh!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
and form a new party that utilizes barter instead of money.

I'm just a little short of cash these daze.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
and form a new party that utilizes barter instead of money.
I'm just a little short of cash these daze.

I klive in a country that has abolishe money altogether. You may be glad to know Emily we have adopted asystem similar to the one you speak of. We now use bartenders for cash. A sack of onions= 1 bartender, a meal and a glass of wine= 1 bartender and a cocktail mixer.
Great system. I'm off to buy a new TV with my 3 barmen, 1 waitress and a patry chef as we speak.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
Sorry mate, posting late night afyer many a beer and read how dare you compare the MRLP (as republican party) ?don't ask, to that heap of �RAP
Doh!

Heheehee NP, I wrote it after many beers so I was too lazy to write out Monster Raving Loony Party in full. wl ty 2 b ls lzy in t ftr.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
where the dickens are YOU?

Did your national currency collapse or something.

I've gotta hear about THIS!

[shrug]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If you was to set up a party and lead the people, do you think things would change by your administartion.

I wouldnt mind if I was to try.

Who knows maybe one day!

Good post peeps, keep it up, I do read them.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
the only way to live without government is to live alone, away from every sign of human life. even then, the animals have their own form of 'government.' once you add a second person into the mix, there is a relationship between you two, and you have a very very primitive and simple government.

if i was in power, things would be very different. there are serious issues in our country that are being understressed (science, the arts, EDUCATION) and series issues that are being over stressed (jacksons tit, PC).

the combination of the two is killing us. we're getting dumber and dumber, and less uselful and creative every daypping ourselves from getting out of that ditch (abyss?) every day as well. that needs to be stopped and reversed.

VOTE MELTZER IN 2024!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join