It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Million Man March on all the NSA Data Centers?? Would this help???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If the Citizens were to organize a Million Man March on the NSA Data centers, getting global press, protest, signs, etc.
Wouldn't this be enough to produce some sort of change?

Or is it too late, too many rogue agencies, Gov against the people?

What's your take?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

It certainly couldn't hurt.

It is just a symptom but, it is a really really really big one!

I have been advocating local action that leads up the beanstalk but, national attention is always fantastic.
edit on 3-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Isn't one million a kinda crappy turnout, given the population size?

Aim bigger.

ETA yeah that's tiny. Nearly that many turned up in London to protest the Iraq war in 2003. Percentage wise, that's not enough to do anything.
edit on k114810bamThu, 03 Oct 2013 11:48:33 -0500 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Congress and the White House is the problem, not the NSA. If you don't want your sprinkler to get your yard wet, do you run around with a bucket to catch what you can, or shut the hose off?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

khimbar

Isn't one million a kinda crappy turnout, given the population size?

Aim bigger.

I was going to say the opposite. Are we not all tired of the term "Million man" being added to every single march, even though they never come close to a million participants? Every time I see it now, I expect a crowd of 80,000 or less.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here in Utah we have one of the biggest NSA data centers in the country. They put it in the middle of the West Desert as far away as they can. Feel free to "march" there, but remember to bring plenty of water.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

yeahright

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Congress and the White House is the problem, not the NSA. If you don't want your sprinkler to get your yard wet, do you run around with a bucket to catch what you can, or shut the hose off?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

You hit the nail on the head. Whether you consider the NSA actions unethical, they are not illegal. They were allowed to collect this data because your elected law makers made it legal to do so. I'm sure the NSA has likely been involved in illegal (at least questionable) activities but in this case you have to blame the NSA handlers, not the NSA itself.

Somewhere along the way, US citizens let their right to privacy disappear. Now if you could prove they have done something against the law, then you could.... probably still do nothing.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Outside of storming the centers, the only thing that these marches would 'help' is to give some really nice hi-res photos of all of the marchers by drones flying overhead, for later identification.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Storm physical NSA property?

Has someone gone off their meds?

I'd suggest anyone who would consider such an idea as more than a comedy skit look up "Metal Storm". (As in the multi-barrel point defense system...not the music)

Rumors...and persistent ones at that...suggest something like that is part of security at some of these places. Fort Meade for instance...I doubt an Armored Division would make it to the front door of that main building if any time was available to react.

Pooper scoopers and sandwich baggies. That's all the coroner would need for the protesters who got too frisky and actually became what they viewed as a true threat to the facility. Body bags would be entirely too much space for the little bit left. For the rest? Well protesting something like Monsanto HQ at St Louis leaves one feeling very closely watched........

Protesting the NSA? Hell, I'd ask them about my health at the end of the day. They'd have seen and know more about my internal organs by their scanners than my doctor ever has.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

A milion man march?Yes,that may be enoth.
But 10 milion would be even better.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Dalarn because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2013 by Dalarn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

why storm a NSA data centre theres plenty of ways to skin a cat if you know about data centres, they need cooling which will require serious power so why not protest at the power plants that supply it and picket the gates that their supply tankers enter, the water supplies so the workers can drink and even the sewerage plants so they can't take a dump due to the smell etc

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I'd suggest anyone who would consider such an idea as more than a comedy skit look up "Metal Storm". (As in the multi-barrel point defense system...not the music)

Rumors...and persistent ones at that...suggest something like that is part of security at some of these places. Fort Meade for instance...I doubt an Armored Division would make it to the front door of that main building if any time was available to react.

Pooper scoopers and sandwich baggies. That's all the coroner would need for the protesters who got too frisky and actually became what they viewed as a true threat to the facility. Body bags would be entirely too much space for the little bit left. For the rest? Well protesting something like Monsanto HQ at St Louis leaves one feeling very closely watched........

Protesting the NSA? Hell, I'd ask them about my health at the end of the day. They'd have seen and know more about my internal organs by their scanners than my doctor ever has.

Yeah, i saw the OP headline and just laughed.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

At least I'm brain storming, considering ATS is a collective consciousness of like-minded individuals, where we can come together and ideas/actions can either grow, or die.

What are you doing about the current state of the world? Nothing?

Laugh all you want, but One Man can change the world. Ed Snowden, Glen Greenwald, Assange, even dare I say Putin (preventing a possible ww III scenario by diplomacy and UN procedural meetings)

So laugh, while doing nothing, and believing nothing can be done about anything.
Good for you!!!!
edit on 3-10-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

While my comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek, I would like to point out that NSA property is, in effect, the property of the people, after all, we paid for it.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

Wrabbit2000

While my comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek, I would like to point out that NSA property is, in effect, the property of the people, after all, we paid for it.

Indeed it is... So is Area 51. I'll be happy to try and assert that right over the People's land if you figure we'd make it to the Hangars alive? I think possession is 9/10ths on this one. lol..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

dominicus

At least I'm brain storming, considering ATS is a collective consciousness of like-minded individuals, where we can come together and ideas/actions can either grow, or die.

What are you doing about the current state of the world? Nothing?

Laugh all you want, but One Man can change the world. Ed Snowden, Glen Greenwald, Assange, even dare I say Putin (preventing a possible ww III scenario by diplomacy and UN procedural meetings)

So laugh, while doing nothing, and believing nothing can be done about anything.
Good for you!!!!
edit on 3-10-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

I'm living life and enjoying the fruits of my labor in my middle age years, so yeah, i guess i'm doing nothing. Sucks to be me.

More power to ya.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I'm living life and enjoying the fruits of my labor in my middle age years, so yeah, i guess i'm doing nothing. Sucks to be me.

Pure selfishness, cool!!!

Since I see suffering in the world and people who need help, I can never get to a point where I'm "living life, enjoying my own fruits."

We're all here to contribute and help. So yeah, it my opinion it does suck to be you because it sounds like you ain't doin squat!!!!! Thanks for contributing to society!!!!! Have a great life!!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

dominicus

Pure selfishness, cool!!!

Since I see suffering in the world and people who need help, I can never get to a point where I'm "living life, enjoying my own fruits."

We're all here to contribute and help. So yeah, it my opinion it does suck to be you because it sounds like you ain't doin squat!!!!! Thanks for contributing to society!!!!! Have a great life!!!!!

I've done my bit for "God and country" for the past 33 yrs. You probably have a ways to catch up yet.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

P.S. Thank you, I am having a great (and fulfilling) life.

new topics

top topics

join