It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Bank Bailout Day!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It was October 3, 2008 that President Bush signed the bailout bill into law. He said at the time, "By coming together on this legislation, we have acted boldly to prevent the crisis on Wall Street from becoming a crisis in communities across our country,"

Of course all the people that lost their jobs/retirement accounts/homes in the ensuing months would probably characterize subsequent events as 'crises in their communities'. But the banks did ok. Bonuses went back to their pre-crash levels and then some. No one was held accountable and the accretion of wealth to the top percentiles of the population accelerated at an unprecedented rate.

article

So Happy Bank Bailout Day campers. As the Rep from Ohio said at the time, "Pray for our Republic. She's being placed in ... very greedy hands."

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Good catch, I hadn't noticed that it happened right after the budget cycle!

Probably worth going back and seeing what other items went through the halls of injustice on that dark day.
edit on 3-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I have thought about this many times and I am going to bring it up now since you made this thread.

People still to this day are outraged at the 750 billion for the bailouts but nobody ever says a damn thing about the day before Sept 11 2001??

Mad at 750 billion handed out but am complacent at the trillions that went missing??

Am I missing something here??

Nobody seems to bring that up...why is that??

I would be more pissed at the trillions missing then i would be by the less then a trillion given to bankers.
(do the math)

This truly is madness.
Happy Sept 10

edit on 3-10-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

DrumsRfun
reply to post by jtma508

I have thought about this many times and I am going to bring it up now since you made this thread.

People still to this day are outraged at the 750 billion for the bailouts but nobody ever says a damn thing about the day before Sept 11 2001??

Mad at 750 billion handed out but am complacent at the trillions that went missing??

Am I missing something here??

Nobody seems to bring that up...why is that??

I would be more pissed at the trillions missing then i would be by the less then a trillion given to bankers.
(do the math)

This truly is madness.
Happy Sept 10

edit on 3-10-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

That too, for sure! Let's not forget the savings and loan scandal which approached the same amount back when the dollar was much more valuable.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I've been trying to find a place for this video I watched this A.M. and I think this is a perfect Place. Bank Bail out day... Haha-

Brother Nathaniel talks about the FED and how corrupt this private company is. Which most of us now know. he throws Ron Paul under the bus. I am one that has always liked Paul but one thing has always bothered me about him and thats his denial concerning 911 and the Official Story.

This guy tells us what Paul is really up to...

Is he right concerning Paul??

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Im so happy right now I could sh!t!

Thank the good lord above brother for the bank bailout! BUSH FOR A 15TH TERM BROTHER!

Wait? What? That money is just for the banks? And now they are taking my house? But, wait....oh crap I should lay off the NASCAR.

Obama??!! Giving me money??!!! Awesome! Change love it! OBAMA OBAMA..oh wait...what?!!
My job is cutting my hours? But I have an apartment, and now I cant afford rent...oh crap...I should lay off the herd mentality.

Hope my cardboard box doesnt get wet.

This whole thing, politics, bank bailouts, lobbyists, one hand washing the other, bulls#it HAS TO STOP.
They are making us look like dumb@sses, and we take it right up the butt! With no lube. MERIKA!

new topics

top topics

join