It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Becoming a Mason

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruffy
Would the Masons consider you for membership if you are a college student.

Do u even know who are Masons are???

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rodling
Do u even know who are Masons are???

I know "who are Masons are" because I "are" one. In fact several of the posters here "are" ones....

Do YOU know who "are Masons are"?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Why do you want to join to make sure that Hale Berry gets another Oscar?(For Oscar read: Token film award given for outstanding mediocrity increasing an actor's hype and prestige for approximately 1-2 months)
Sorry i have no idea but I would be interested to know who the freemason's counterparts are.
?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yes, we will accept college students, as long as the college student is 21 years of age. Other requirements also apply, ofcourse, some of which being: belief in God (or a supreme being), Freemasonry must not interfere with obligations to family, country, studies in the case of a student, etc.

Anyone interested in Freemasonry, PLEASE be certain to use reliable sources for information...not necessarily a Freemason, but certainly not any of the ignorant yahoos who post opinions on that which they do not understand (and thankfully, never will).

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Thanks Bill and ML (yet again you both shed some true light). Now at least I have some history behind the ritual... ML I will definately be visiting the US, seeing how the Lodge I am joining has sister Lodges south of the border. As well I will be visiting many Lodges in Canada seeing how my wife is from Qeubec and my family is spred all over the place.
Again, thanks for the history.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by amike555
Thanks Bill and ML (yet again you both shed some true light). Now at least I have some history behind the ritual... ML I will definately be visiting the US, seeing how the Lodge I am joining has sister Lodges south of the border. As well I will be visiting many Lodges in Canada seeing how my wife is from Qeubec and my family is spred all over the place.
Again, thanks for the history.

I think I can , just this once, speak for ML. You will find one of the greatest pleasures in Freemasonry is to see the young Guys come in and find out that all the " $%�"^&*" they had heard before they joined was absolute " Hogwash". Then to see them go through the degrees. Its like a beautiful sunrise, its only available to those who want to see.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I saw your avatar on another site. Do you possibly run that site. I think it was an anti-anti-masonary site.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The power of masonry I am everywhere?

I usually use my own name or billmc, to save typing.

If it was a good site your right it was mine, If you did not like it , it was Stephen Dafoes.

I post on Ephesians 5:11 site and some Christian boards, they love me just like here.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by billmcelligott]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
mmm. was stated above that a person has to be over the age of 21 to join. im kinda assuming this is just the 'legal age', which, in australia, is 18.

i am 18, can i apply for an australian lodge? or is it still 21?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If the majority of Aussie Lodges were affilaited originally to United Grand lodge I would say what I said above applies. But I have to say on the few Grand lodges I checked it did not give an age. Just ask.

Personally I think if a man can fight for his country he should be able to do just about everything else. But I would still advise, not to be in a hurry.

As you were I found one 18.

www.freemasonrysaust.org.au...
South Austalia Northern Territories.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by billmcelligott]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by slickis
mmm. was stated above that a person has to be over the age of 21 to join. im kinda assuming this is just the 'legal age', which, in australia, is 18.

i am 18, can i apply for an australian lodge? or is it still 21?

It depends on the particular rules of your Grand Lodge, which will be posted on its website. Following are the websites of the Grand Lodges down under:

www.gl-of-wa.org.au...

www.freemasonrysaust.org.au...

www.freemasonsvic.net.au...

www.uglnsw.freemasonry.org.au...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join