It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More ‘UFO Crash Drills’ In UK Schools

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Snarl
Come on ... the 'reason' they're doing this is too easy to see. If they can get your kids to believe in aliens, they can get them to stop believing in God.

Always look for the simple ... and you will KNOW. Otherwise, follow the money.

The only people who 'believe' that the existence of aliens and the existence of God are mutually exclusive realities are the bible obsessed dogmatic muppets. Know any?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

that's what i'm thinking and it sounds TOTALLY fun to me!!! i think it's a great idea. i wish they had UFO crash drills at my kids school!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My daughters school did this, the kids actually loved it they thought it was a blast and none of the kids ended up with PTSD although some of the parents were decidedly worried when they noticed something cordoned off in the school field. Regardless of what conspiracy theories you may or may not want to attribute to this activity, the kids thought it was great and creative.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. Makes you wonder what the officials are thinking. Is something expected?

-inthenow

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Snarl
Come on ... the 'reason' they're doing this is too easy to see. If they can get your kids to believe in aliens, they can get them to stop believing in God.

In the UK, that isn't an issue as the vast majority of us have realised the silly nonsense religion is.

These sort of drills have been going on for years and it is a way to introduce kids to an "emergency" scenario and have a little fun in the process, instead of getting the kids scared, as others have said.

Besides, I don't see why belief in aliens and God are somehow incompatible. Most major religions accept the fact other life exists anyway, not that I am believer in all the crap, but hey.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

OR it could just be something some teacher did once; and other teachers thought it looked like fun and decided to copy the idea. Gotta say that all the writing projects I did as a kid kinda' sucked. A UFO crash would have been a blast.

That's exactly what happened.

I read about the teacher's assignment back when it first came out several years ago and tracked the reaction to it for a bit. It was fun and creative and staged just right you can tie it into science, social studies, and a lot of other things.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Snarl

and how exactly believing in the existence of aliens makes you stop believing in God? Cause I am a firm believer of both...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I distrust our government intensely, and i would put any atrocious activity beyond them. If this activity has happened in a number of schools, then it is certain by order of a higher power and not the idea of teachers.

The suspicious side of me starts thinking that something may happen within a school and the pupils are being conditioned to report on what they definitely see, and not what they think, think strange or cannot explain.

This makes me very worried.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
To those who think this is serious... Get a life.

This is play acting. It is a way to invent an interesting scenario to get children to learn new skills and interact.

Regards

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Snarl

Are they mutually exclusive?

It's good for kids to open there horizons to the idea of life out there. Doesn't mean they can't also be open to whatever religions and philosophies they come across.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

paraphi
To those who think this is serious... Get a life.

This is play acting. It is a way to invent an interesting scenario to get children to learn new skills and interact.

Regards

They're just kids, leave em be for gods sake, far more pressing things to be worrying over
edit on 4-10-2013 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

Great Find S&F !

This whole thing sounds too suspicious to me.

Or maybe I have just been on ATS for too long.

Being a teacher, this is the first time I ever heard of this.

What happened to the good old fire drills, earthquake drills, etc. ?
(Those are the ones my school does.)

It seems to me they are trying find out how the future generation would react to a real ufo landing/ crashing here on Earth.
Again, highly suspicious, indeed.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
They have to use an alien scenario, because when a head teacher last did a role play and based it on a more realistic event , I think a stabbing , he got that much flack of the press, which in turn set off the parents, who in turn set off their kids, that he nearly lost his job.
I think if kids are having fun learning fair enough.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Funny with all the reports of crashed UFO.

ET really has some quality control issues with there ships! Especialy when us brits have to train our kids to help with the crashes .

They can tarvel hundreds of light years but cant seem to master health and safety! Who ever insure those UFO is bleeding space money

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That is so absurd. Who's running the show over there?

When I see stuff like this and read CNN it makes me wonder if it isn't children who are "leading".

Funny how as we start to grow up and mature, how utterly ridiculous and pathetic it all starts to look.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorchio

No school in the UK is controlled by the "Government" - all are either privately run, or run by the local authority.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Somehow, i couldn't stop thinking about this scene when i read that article.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Everyone remember the movie the Knowing,some how i feel that maybe they are preparing children for another event something far worse than a alien ufo event.Sometimes i feel like we are on the edge of a earth shattering event hope i'm wrong

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Tell that to this body.

www.gov.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

AbleEndangered

UFO Crashes!!

This is conditioning...

Kids these days get tablets, Cellphones, and UFO Crashes at school.

I never got none of that!

We had 2 tin cans and a string for telephone!

and passed a note around for text messages!!

Closest thing we got to a UFO was Steve's older brothers beater car.

Now THAT was funny!

And OH so true!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join