It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tactical Ball Cap

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hello All, Just wanted to throw this out there for those who are into self defence and protection. I saw this on a website and decided to do my own. I took a baseball cap, mine has the little lights in the brim for maps & hunting and the like. But on the back right around the crown of my head. I had my wife sew a little pocket that I filled with lead buckshot. I would say about 18 to 20 ozs maybe more. You cant see it, but I guarantee you feel if it it's slammed down an your hand or across your face. Premise being as you take it off it can become a weapon. A non-lethal weapon that could aid you in getting away from your attacker. And your attacker thinks it's just a ball cap.

Dont think it will work? Take a 16oz claw hammer, hold your hand out as if your holding a knife and let someone smack you across the hand with the hammer...same thing with the lead shot ballcap, it's gonna hurt and maybe break bones. Think about being backhand across the face with a lead shot ballcap. A hidden defense weapon readily carried on your person, with know one knowing a thing. Thanks and stay safe.OYM1262

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Nice One! Should have patened it first before putting it out here like this. It could be a great personal self defense weapon. I would call it part of your fishing tackle so you have plenty of weight easy to carry with you and also keep the hat on your head in higher wind gusts. Then, it wasn't designed as a weapon, although that is the real reason behind its creation. I think I will delve into it a little bit. I like the idea!

Keep up the good work!

edit on 1/10/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Kinda like this one???

www.amazon.com...

This one is a bad example because it's cheap and has terrible reviews. But there are some rally nice ones on the market.

edit on 1-10-2013 by fullkrause because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't be comfortable wearing lead around my head or any part of my body. I do use my hat to swat flies or whatever insect that is buzzing around me. However I would use tungsten instead of lead... I've seen those hats before, they would make excellent weapons.
edit on 1-10-2013 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fullkrause

Wow! Kills that money making idea. I should have done one of those tactical searches first. Still a good idea for making one if you dont want to buy one.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think a close fisted strike to the jaw would be much more effective than flopping a 20 0z hat down on someones hand. I'd rather have a fanny pack full of marbles. And i'd still rather use punches. Maybe a good ol' handful of sand to the eyes then a kick to the nuts then run a few circles around the bad guy.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Have you seen the gloves with the lead in the knuckles???

www.knockoutknucks.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

i don't think i would go as far to say it's a non-lethal weapon.

sure if you hit them in the body, arms, legs, or such you might slow them down some.
but a blow to the head could kill, especially the temple.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Or maybe just carry a concealed hand gun? They are readily available you know. And when the SHTF, they won't even be illegal.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

I do carry, most of the time I Open Carry. Hard to do sometimes while working. Trying to cut down on the amount of people I have to shoot on a dailey. Pun Intended. I guess I'm "mellowing with age"

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

If a person is coming at you and wants to harm you, do you really stop and worry if your gonna kill them or not while in the defense of your person. If you take that much time, your gonna get the stinky end of the stick. I would rather have the ball cap, than be bare handed against a man with a knife. This is more a covert weapon of defence.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fullkrause

Yea, like that. I made mine out of a lighted camo hat I bought for getting in the woods in the dark and there great for crawing around under house's. Did't buy one because I'm cheap! I encased the lead shot in mylar & plasti dip, (plastic coating) Actually pour out the plasti dip in a small round dish, and added the shot to it, so the shot's not moving around, after that dried, I wrapped it in mylar and dipped in plasti coat again. My wife sewed it into a lil pouch and sewed that into the ball cap. Cheap & easy.

And for the ladies......a nice lil purse that could break a jaw on impact.
edit on 1-10-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

Actually, pulling and shooting center mast is the best way to guarantee your safty against someone with a weapon. It's a way to maybe get away from your attacker, we all can't fight like Ninjas and whoop some asre. To think I would not throw sand in ones eye's and run around them a few times, you left out the part where I kick their genitals into the next area code...as long as I'm safe, that's cool.

I'm talking about being attacked by an unknown assailant. As far as talking about just fighting goes, the sand and salt to the eyes and gentials into the next area code are all legal in terms of fighting. As in " there's no such thing as a fair fight"
edit on 1-10-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

openyourmind1262
reply to post by caterpillage

I do carry, most of the time I Open Carry. Hard to do sometimes while working. Trying to cut down on the amount of people I have to shoot on a dailey. Pun Intended. I guess I'm "mellowing with age"

lol, agreed, cutting down on the killing. I have been meaning to do that. One of these days....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

i was correcting your statement in your op. you are the one that called it non-lethal weapon.

and just so you know, a weighted object or something heavy, doesn't always stop someone from kicking your a@@.
now i'm not bragging, once when i was just a bit younger, i had some problems with the neighbors where i was stationed, so i went over to their apartment, knocked on the door, and when it opened got cracked upside my head with a 3/4" galvanized pipe. i just rubbed my head, the guys eyes were as big around as silver dollars. i then took the pipe and cracked him a few times with it and then pounded his face with my fist until my buddies pulled me off. i wound up with thirty stitches and a severe skull fracture. he went to the hospital and jail.

later his girlfriend told mine that he said he would never use a pipe again, he got a gun.

edit on 1-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I never said I was gonna pound them with the hat till death. I did say, a way to get "away from an attacker" I did not say go next door and and ring troubles doorbell. Obvious you were "stationed" there meaning you have military training...we all dont have that. And as far as not bragging "I Shot a man 5 times from about 12 feet away across my living room. I ended up with a lifelong " knowing" I took another life, he ended up dead about 15 feet out my door. I dont want that taking place again..ever. Im just looking for ways to stay safe. So you know it was an attempted home invasion. The hat would have served me no service what so ever. Peace.OYM1262

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hey this is great, I think I may make one for myself. Small things like this can make a big difference in certain situations. I once made a keychain that was pretty much just a short macrame hemp necklace,fitted with a 2 inch or socket from a wrench set braided into it. Some years ago while walking home from work a strange "gentleman" i had never seen before approached me and demanded my money. He got the keychain upside his head instead,and retreated instantly. Holding the side of his head as he ran of course. It was the same desired effect I would expect a hat like this to have. Thanks for this!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

There are products like this all over the internet.

Ballcaps have been used for sometime.

gloves with composite knuckles.

Steel toe boots and shoes.

Low profile elbow and knee pads that go under your clothes, same with shin and forearm guards.

You can literally walk around armed from head to toe without anyone thinking otherwise.
edit on 2-10-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I always wanted a boonie hat I could do this with:

(typical fantasy...)

Foreign consultee: "So, Captain, how do I know your men are sufficiently trained for this job?"
Captain: snaps his fingers. In the background you see me drop my ruck and double time it over.
Me: "Yes, boss?"
Captain: See that client second from the right? The one with the bad case of sass mouth earlier?
Me: Yep
Captain: taps his hat, drags thumb across his throat.
Me: You sure, boss?
Captain: Drop, drop, drop
Me: takes off boonie, gives it the power frisbee throw like odd job
Hat: neat turbine sound effect, flies across the clearing, decapitates second guy from the right, lots of blood, flopping body, head has a comic surprise look on it
Captain: Tom, you got some blood splatter on the guy next to him. Practice up some, I want to see a demonstration next week without that. Ask the senior charlie to help if you can't get it.
Me: Yes, boss. (double times back to the ruck)
FC: jaw open, eyes bugged

Now, THAT would be a tactical hat. Alas.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

For this purpose, I have gloves with compartments full of sand in them. Not only is the leather extremely tough, but the sand provides enough of a cushion that one can block knife strikes, and any blow struck with the gloves is force multiplied due to their increased weight.

I like that the weight is added by sand rather than lead or some other potentially hazardous substance, because its easily available, cheap, and not likely to poison me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join