It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York man celebrating first anniversary with wife, child, brutally beaten by motorcycle gang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

A New York City man who was out driving Sunday celebrating his first wedding anniversary with his wife and 2-year-old daughter was brutally beaten by members of a motorcycle gang in front of his horrified family after a high-speed chase.

Police said Tuesday morning it remains unclear what caused the confrontation that led to the assault on Alexian Lien. Lien, 33, was left bloodied and had to be hospitalized. But investigators are studying a 6-minute helmet-cam video that shows part of the chase and cuts off just before Lien is pulled out of his luxury SUV and beaten by the mob, The New York Post reported.

New York man celebrating first anniversary with wife, child, brutally beaten by motorcycle gang

This man was scared for his life as well as his family and took what I consider resonable actions to escape his attackers. To be honest if it would have been me and my family I would have ran over more of them. Here is the youtube video of the incident.

Thoughts ATS??

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

This is probably the 5th time this has been posted.

I know the search is bad. But it's not that bad.

here is the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-10-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's already being talked about...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Its that bad, I spent 20 minutes searching and found nothing before I posted. Searched it using the article headlines.....I always search before posting a thread can't help of it doesn't work. MOD please make the correct adjustments.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

grey580

This is probably the 5th time this has been posted.

I know the search is bad. But it's not that bad.

here is the link

edit on 1-10-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

Based on your comment, and to satisfy my own curiosity as to whether a search would have helped in this instance, and yes, it IS that bad.

It's unfortunate, really. How many redundant threads could be avoided if the search actually worked?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Such a sickening thing to spin it like that. Shame.

The so-called victim and his family had an opportunity to take a different route upon discovering all the bikes in the roadway?

But this 'victim' made the conscious decision to force his way through...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

loveguy

Such a sickening thing to spin it like that. Shame.

The so-called victim and his family had an opportunity to take a different route upon discovering all the bikes in the roadway?

But this 'victim' made the conscious decision to force his way through...

did you even watch the video? did you not see the one biker, pull in front of him and intentionally slow down cuasing the driver of the SUV hit him? hell the biker even turned around and looked at him as if i dare you.

if it would have been, there would have been a lot more bikers laying on the road.
edit on 1-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

The biker that cut him off then hit the brakes started the accident. Then when he stopped, they try to get into his truck. Surrounded by bikers, the only way out is through the bikers, unfortunately for them. I would have drove through them too rather than wait around to see what they plan on doing once they get into my vehicle.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I searched for

new york motorcycle suv

and found one other article.

But your right the search is down right abysmal.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
A motorcycle regardless if a single bike or a million bikes are not emergency vehicles acting in an official manner.....Therefore the man and his family did not have to yield, change course, or find alternate travel routes just because a bunch of hoods thought they owned the roadway. If you watch the video one of the bikes clearly pulls in front of the vehicle and slams on his brakes. This was not an everyday accident where the man in the vehicle was not paying attention. The guy on the bike purposely pulled in front of him trying to get him to stop. Very rarely are collisions from the rear the fault of the guy in front however with this video evidence myself and the police feel the bikers are at fault. This is why they already arrested one on wreck less endangerment.

I still stand by my first post. If it would have been me and my family in the exact situation I would have never stopped for any of them. If that means I would have to peel a few out from under my car so be it. They have no more rights then I do to public roadways and since they are not police officers or emergency vehicles the guy has no requirement to stop. Not to mention his family was obviously being attacked by a mob.
edit on 1-10-2013 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Wait, wait, wait....

So what i'm seeing here is that this man's life was in danger and he had no gun, obviously the police should have been there right when the incident started!?

I thought we didn't need protection like guns because the police would always protect us?

How come his WORDS weren't enough to stop these bad guys?

the Madness!!

Sarcasm Over*

In the middle of this attack the man driving the SUV had no idea if he was going to make it out alive. The fear in his and his family's heart must have been awful. If he had owned a gun this would have been the time to use it. People are going to say "if he used a gun, his whole family would been covered in bullet holes." Well, in a situation like this, a gun would have been great to give you and your family a fighting chance. When he got pulled out of his car I doubt what was running through his head was, "oh, i'm just going to get a serious beating. But i'll be fine." Him and his family probably thought he was about to be killed. Having a gun to take out a few of these bastards and protecting your family would have been essential.

If you don't agree with people owning firearms that's perfectly fine. But don't you dare try to take my right to own them away. By taking away my guns you are taking away the only thing I have to protect myself, and my family. Which is any man's NUMBER ONE duty.

It is pure ignorance to believe that criminals are kind hearted people and won't do this kind of thing to you if you try to reason with them. The only thing that is going to stop serious criminals is a bullet to the head when they put you and your loved ones in danger. Period.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join