It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Their Will: The Sick Biblical Literalism That Leads to Child Abuse and Even Death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaboose

Well the Bible doesn't teach you to abuse your kids, you discipline them, not abuse them.

Are you sure?

The title of your post says "Biblical Literalism" which is wrong, it should say "Biblical Misinterpretation" or something like that would be more accurate.

I didn't write the article, and the title came directly from the article. Other than that point, I totally agree with you.

It is "MISINTERPRETATION", and, for the record, it seems to be RAMPANT these days. (As if it never was.)

Thanks for your response.

edit on 10/5/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

WBC is a cult, plain and simple. They are not a church and to call themselves one is insulting to actual churches. Those people are beyond friggin crazy. Talk about manipulation and brainwashing to the extreme.

I feel bad for kids in that environment. I don't think the govt should be involved with your children but with these people I think they should. They are clearly brainwashing these kids to HATE!! It's so sad, they don't have a chance. ALl they know is hate.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Kaboose
Well the Bible doesn't teach you to abuse your kids, you discipline them, not abuse them.

I guess it depends on what you think of the whole Abraham story about him binding his son
and getting ready to sacrifice him to God on a makeshift altar ...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Again you do not understand the Bible. You should read it sometimes, starting with the New Testament. You have just quoted old testament law, applicable to the Hebrew tribal culture, that was never fully followed. The turning over of a reprobate child to stoning was a voluntary measure. I believe we do the same for children that have comitted murder and other atrocities.

The rod of discipline is a good concept that is used in almost every serious military, martial arts training, and in the coporate world. The carrot and stick is used to train donkeys. Why is this so hard to understand? The Bible is absolutely correct. If you hate your child, then don't discipline him. Let him smoke dope, join a gang, commit crimes and drop out of school.

If you decide to actually not use the brain God gave you, and use the concept of discipline to support your program of child abuse, that's a whole other story. But Jesus warned us there would be false prophets and wolves in sheeps clothing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join