It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, so I do stupid things...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I do .. a LOT.
SO I found a cheap minibike that is more like a mini dirt bike on craigslist. I buy it, mess with it, the husband soups it up for me ( I think he was trying to kill me) and go out to tear things up with my oldest daughter and her friends. There are a bunch of dry creek beds at this one place and they decided to teach/dare me how to jump aka lets laugh at the old broad.
What I wound up doing was tearing up my knee.. again. This time I did a doozy.. as in laid open,blood everywhere, patella displaced, torn ACL, damaged MCL.. lotsa damage. I just thought it was a busted knee.. till I stood up and my leg sorta gave out. Yeouch! I had microtears in my ACL previously and a lot of bother with pain, but not horrible. This time I screwed it up big time... had reconstructive surgery and am still in a nifty post op brace.We're ordering my new every day brace so I can take some strain off of this ACL and get on with the rebuilding and rehab. My surgeon is the guy who does NFL and NHL guys locally.. so he isnt too shabby. He really is an artist with reconstruction so his putting this knee back together is artwork.. he has put me back together a few times! Im getting a Donjoy Defiance so I can still compete at some point and carry on with my sports involvements when I get to a decent point of rehab. My insurance is usually great.. but I want the brace before they want to approve it for me
900 out of pocket is really making me irritable.. more than the pain and being confined to the house... almost. Ive also found that vicodin does NOTHING for the pain.. argh. I worship my coldtherapy machine now.

Question.. has anyone here used a Donjoy Defiance? Ive used Bregs.. but never a donjoy. This one is what RG 3 uses and others in contact sports.. so I imagine its good. Im just wondering about personal experience with use of it. Does a DonJoy slip at all?? I mean will it migrate when youre actually using your knee/leg? Any added load on your ankle or hip? Any tips or tricks?

I appreciate any info or personal experience posts or u2u's.. Im not real thrilled about this newest injury giving me long term issues to deal with

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I am a believer in DonJoy. They make great braces. But you may have to try a couple before you find the right one. And you'll have to replace it every so often as they do wear out. Hopefully you'll find the right one on the first try.

I've had complete reconstruction, ACL, MCL & LCL on my right knee twice, along with two later bone grafts to the same knee and one more arthroscopic to the same knee. Been there done that.

I also have a $1400.00 knee brace custom made by Townsend Bracing Solutionss who also make braces for professional sports players. That one is a pain as I had to buy very baggy pants as it cannot be worn over clothing.

But be careful, do not completely rely on a knee brace as it can be detrimental to the joint. Do your Physical Therapy regularly and try to take it easy for a while, meaning do things slowly, not at regular speed. I haven't worn a brace in over a year and can tell you that my knee is pretty much toast, but it somehow still works.

One other thing, you'll probably be arthritic later on down the road. I can feel when a front is coming in nowadays. LOL And I guess my body got sick of all the surgeries, so it decide to absorb my ACL, rather than healing it.
edit on 30-9-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Don't feel too bad sugar; yesterday morning I seriously twisted a calf muscle trying to go ninja on a rodent that invaded my personal space. The rat got away but I can barely walk...... guess you see who outsmarted who in that interaction!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Excellent advice!
TY TDawg!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

You're looking at it all wrong... youre supposed to view that rodent as a potential pet.. and try to catch it. Theyll run away and never come back.

Just for you, Little

www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

join