It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London schoolboy secretly arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

A London schoolboy has been secretly arrested over the “world’s biggest cyber attack” as part of an international swoop against a suspected organised crime gang.
Details of the arrest, which happened in April, had been kept secret, but have been disclosed to the Evening Standard ahead of the formation of the Government’s new National Crime Agency.
The arrest of the London schoolboy, whose identity has not been disclosed, came during a series of coordinated raids with international police forces. Others detained included a 35-year-old Dutchman living in Spain.

London schoolboy secretly arrested

A briefing document seen by this newspaper on the British investigation, codenamed Operation Rashlike, states that the attack was the “largest DDoS attack ever seen” and that it had a “worldwide impact” on internet exchanges. The document says services affected included the London Internet Exchange and that although the impact was eventually “mitigated” it managed to cause “worldwide disruption of the functionality” of the internet.

The schoolboy’s alleged involvement, the briefing note states:

“The suspect was found with his computer systems open and logged on to various virtual systems and forums. The subject has a significant amount of money flowing through his bank account. Financial investigators are in the process of restraining monies.”

The new National Crime Agency’s Cyber Crime Unit is stepping up there game when dealing with online crime.

“cyber gangsters” were left with no hiding place.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I bet he was just a patsy for the real criminal hackers who just wanted to give the boy a taste of being a part of it to 'borrow' his bank account(s) to pass the money through, with a tip for the kid id imagine.

Pretty serious stuff in any case for a 16 year old. I hope he wasnt led into it because he faces a life of traumatic court appearances and such which he may not deserved if groomed into his role in the cyber attacks.

Then of course, he could just be a criminal hacking master mind.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Biigs
I bet he was just a patsy for the real criminal hackers who just wanted to give the boy a taste of being a part of it to 'borrow' his bank account(s) to pass the money through, with a tip for the kid id imagine.

Pretty serious stuff in any case for a 16 year old. I hope he wasnt led into it because he faces a life of traumatic court appearances and such which he may not deserved if groomed into his role in the cyber attacks.

The of course he could just be a criminal hacking master mind.

Yeah, that or he'll be offered an obscene amount of money working for the top banks and corporations as a 'white hat'.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

he was probably just trying to spread the word, now he he will disapeare into the corrupt system

this somg randomly came up on the radio as I read this thread

edit on 30-9-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Your idea of "secret" and "secretly" must be substantially different to mine, because his arrest was anything but secret. It was all over the BBC news website.

Something published on the largest news website in the UK, can hardly be called "secret", sorry.

new topics

top topics

join