It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in..Possible multy meteor fall in NH ME NY RI PA VA QC 28SEP2013

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

You are most welcome. And thanks for Cheesy for keeping up on these events, as this increased activity, for whatever reason it may have, is rather exciting. I am interested in what main stream science will say about this, as presently, they is scarce official talk.

September is typically a month with very little meteor activity, as it is in between the Perseids which peaked on Aug11/12, and the Draconids on Oct 6, followed by the big Orionids on Oct 21. These are past comet orbital debris and not related to Interstellar cloud material. Something else is at bay here, and it very well may have an answer in our Interstellar cloud density. It should also be noted that many of the trajectories of these new bolides are N-S and S-N, which may rule out encounters with material in the ecliptic, where most Asteroid belt producing material originates. (That is an unqualified guess!)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ahwww no video?

I saw a greenish meteor in Germany in the early 2000 once that later turned out to have hit a ladies house. Can't find any info now
but it looked similair to this one colorwise:

@cheesy Can't you make a thread Called "Meteor watch 2013" like quakewatch tornadowatch and so? It would collect all data in one extensive thread and we don't get a lot of similair titles? IMO GeneralChaos is right. We don't need a thread for every meteor, so one big thread would solve a lot. Unless we have another Tunguska of course

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
S&F Cheesy. I for one, like your threads and appreciate this information since I could not find it anywhere else and since I am in one of the areas mentioned. I am not sure what's going on but I will be keeping my eyes on the sky with the rest of you.

Keep your info coming and keep being the Cheesy we know. You have a certain humbleness/honest innocence that comes through your posts that is not seen around here a lot IMO. I would give you a thumbs up but alas.... it has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I wish I could see one...

Too much ambient light where i live...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Ya cheesy you should start a meteor watch thread.........BIG THUMBS UP. You would be the best choice to start it. I love the that you care so much about this subject it actually draws me in. I usually stick with the political side of ATS.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

welcome to year of comet and meteor..i wish i can see one..

So do I, my friend. So do I.

Thanks for the heads up and as for the meteor/comet info threads you keeps putting up, well, keep 'em coming ! ATS is my online news site, not much of a MSM fan, so any heads up is always appreciated.

S&F.
edit on 9 29 2013 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

edit on 9 29 2013 by SonoftheSun because: typos geeee....

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

North of Buffalo Ny, Just a short drive from Lake Ontario. I am located near the wine making region here. A pretty area of Western New York state with quite a unique geography that usually lends itself to cloudy nights this time of year, but so far it's been clear and starry. Will have to charge the camera and have it ready for tonight....

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
just want to reply so I can keep up with this.

I was outside last night and didn't see anything.......

One can only hope.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have been trying to draw peoples attention to these sites, but I think they are being missed. I wish I knew what the time lapse is and what size an object is as represented by the Hz. Does anyone know this? By the way this is relatively low activity compared to other times. This was taken around 6 pm September 29th, today.

G7ZIU

Here is a screen shot from a busier day, June 1st I believe

Another site I like to watch is
Meteor Scan

Here is a screen shot from May 6th.

Visit if you want but it is interesting to check on and off.
edit on 9/29/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Keep up the good work cheese.. I for one like your meteor threads.. It happens to be one of many of my interest and I certainly don't have time to investigate all things of interest.. You save me time..

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Sk8ergrl

cheesy

Sk8ergrl
Is the Earth going through an asteroid belt or is it that plasma energy cloud again?

I dont know about plasma cloud sir..but i have some curious feeling like you, and goverment dont make official statment about this increase meteor activity until now..

I would just like to correct your comment. I am not a sir maybe the username will next time open your eyes lol

Hehehe he calls everyone sir

That's what makes Mr. Cheese so unique, his un-ending politeness and ever-giving personality. I'm sure you'll see a very heartfelt apology soon

Thanks for your posts cheesy - BTW the correct term to address the lady would be "miss" - or "maam" if she were older lol...
Gotta love the cheese...
As for starting a meteor watch thread, there's already one here that was started on May 19th:
Meteor and fireball watch - 2013
It only has 1 page of posts cheesy - I would imagine that you could add quite a bit of activity to it, becoming a major contributor in a very short time. Then, when 2014 rolls around - you may be given the honor of hosting it as I have seen happen in other threads...
ETA: Although after reading the thread, it does appear that it's being visited by somewhat of a "Grumpy Gus" who probably needs to lighten up a bit if you know what I mean...
Don't you dare mess with the cheese or we'll have to give you a collective cyber-snuggie lol!!!
edit on 29-9-2013 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
wow just wow..i just woke up and arive at my office..and see Ats..TQ So much Guys, i dont know you guys really Great! Tq So much Once again..i Will Create It..once Again Tq..Have A nice day..

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Thanks I just am fed up of telling foreign people mainly Chinese, Japanese, Indian people via emails that I am a woman and bloody MISS not a sir. I'm tired not had a good day sorry. Maybe I should be no name have no online identity lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Sk8ergrl
reply to post by sageturkey

Thanks I just am fed up of telling foreign people mainly Chinese, Japanese, Indian people via emails that I am a woman and bloody MISS not a sir. I'm tired not had a good day sorry. Maybe I should be no name have no online identity lol.

Yes..Big Sory..i dont see its sk8grl..its hard to see from my Phone Ms.Sk8ergr..love your avatar, Pink..not far from Blue

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thank you Cheesy for your kind apology and you are forgiven
lol

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hey Cheesy love your name and avatar it cracks me up every time i see it

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
your avatar is kick ass to i think people forget the grl at he end of your name

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Guys If i Create "Fireballs, Meteors, Bolides - Update 2013" its that okay?
if i broke the Ats rule just say it friend..TQ

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

jasmine23
your avatar is kick ass to i think people forget the grl at he end of your name

Awww thnx huni I really like your avatar how it sparkles like that very well done puts mine to shame

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Thank u i just found the sparkle background then put the native american picture on top of it

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join