It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Year Old Becomes First Transgender Child in Argentina To Change Identity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

My moral compass is based upon reality, experience, and logic. Not an outdated book that should have no place in todays society. The human race is trying to move forwards, yet people like you anchor it in the dark ages.

As regards to your children, I did nothing you did not do. So report me by all means, you put down another person's parenting. You are a hypocrite.
edit on 1-10-2013 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

The BIBLE and Christianity has nothing to do with it. For the record you brought my faith into this, I did not. It is common freaking sense that a 6 yr old child is barely out of infancy and you think that someone like that should be allowed to make a major decision like this ? It's not like letting him pick which shirt he wears for the day, it's gender reassignment. You have truly taken this discussion to new levels of absurdity. Thank you for opening my eyes.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The parents know their child best.They are doing what they believe is right, they obviously had the foresight, courage, and love, to look into things and do what they believe will give their child the best possible life. How can you not understand that? How can that possibly be a bad thing?

I will repeat for a 3rd time, I know someone who has issues, and they knew full well how they felt when, and before they were 6. It is one of those things which you can not truly understand unless you are in that situation yourself. Open your mind, and your heart a little. Show some compassion not judgment. Try to understand, not to condemn. After all, isn't that what you are supposed to be doing? Isn't that what your jesus commanded you to do?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That is bull. How could a pre 6 yr old possibly conceive those kinds of feelings and emotions. It is an agenda plain and simple.
"Mommy my favorite color is pink" "well son then you must be a girl trapped in a boys body", Rubbish, the child and he/she's parents are very confused. I cannot fathom that this is even being debated.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

DO some research. There have been extensive studies on this subject. It is a very real disorder in every way. There have been studies which even show different brain structures in those affected to "normal" people. You are only showing yourself up to be ignorant by refusing to read what I type, you clearly have your own agenda.

Please read this, and the sources contained within, so you are able to make informed comments on this subject. Otherwise, kindly keep your ignorance contained within that brain of yours.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am not gay so I have no idea if there is a "gay agenda", I very much doubt there is one. Sure there are pushy gay people. But by no means does that mean all gay people are the same. But, as is in the very first paragraph of the above wiki, being transgender is NOT the same as being gay. Sure, some are gay, but not all are.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Bull, there have been no studies that suggest a pre 6 yr old knows or even thinks they are in the wrong body It is not a real disorder. Maybe in a clearly biased psychiatry system that has to put a name on everything and claims there is a stinking disorder for everything. Parents have no responsibility for anything and there is no such thing as a bad kid or a kid with a bad attitude. Lets not forget about the big parts of the equation, TELEVISION, MOVIES, MUSIC, absent and or uncaring parents.
I will share a story that I've shared on here before. I had a female friend when I was younger. We knew each other very young, around 7 or so. We were good friends and it was very clear she had a crush on me. One day when we were like 10or 11 mybe her father walked out on she and her mother. She slowly started drifting from me. Eventually she wouldn't have anything to do with guys at all. She started dressing like a guy, shaved her head, got tatted up and pierced up and only associated with girls and started dating girls. I lost touch with her and ran into her about two years ago at a Petco. She was there with her mother. We talked and she said she was married to another woman and tried to convince me that she always knew she was gay. I called her out on it. I said that she was crushing on me until her father left her. She interrupted me and angrily said "My father never walked out on Me"!!! Her mother smacked her on the back of her head and said "you know damn good and well that he walked out on us when you were little". Her mother said that her "wife" convinced her that she had to have always been gay or else she would not be gay at all. She said they fought so muchabout that and it almost destroyed her relationship with her daughter.
She was a confused hurt girl and had a mistrust for guys. A lesbian convinced her that she was not hurt or confused about her father but that she was dealing with who she truly was, a lesbian. VERY confused people

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

You obviously have not read through the articles on that wiki page. Please, read thoroughly, then come back and accept you are wrong.

The human brain is probably the most complex structure we know of. There are many ways things can go wrong, or differ with it. Some manifest themselves physically, for example, people are born unable to see, hear, walk. Or people can do things better. People are born with extra or missing body parts. Some manifest themselves mentally, some people are more or less intelligent, some people have different preferences for different things, and one of those things is gender identity. It is not chosen, it is innate. If you bothered to read the research, you would see this has been extensively studied. And it happens throughout nature too, not just in humans.

I know it conflicts with your black and white view of sexuality, and life in general, but everyone is different in so many ways. Why do you refuse to accept it, why do you refuse to even read the research? What are you afraid of? You have a brain in your head, use it for once, instead of letting an outdated book do your thinking for you.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Oh contrair, I did read your little Wikipedia mess on "transgender". The whole thing is bull. Yes the human brain is complex, but if a man thinks he is a woman trapped in a man's body, he is clearly confused and has a screw loose. Liberal psychiatry has to label them though so that they don't feel bad about themselves.
Sorry, you and I may find common ground on some issues but I reckon we will never see eye to eye on this issue or the gay issue.
Hopefully there were no hurt feelings, it was not intended.
Been great debating this with you. Have a great night.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Does he prefer activities and interests that are primarily associated with girls, like dolls, dresses and sparkles? Or does he physically feel like he should be a girl an not have a penis?

If he just prefers things that are associated with girls, but does not have issues with physically being male, then he is still a boy. He just doesn't fit into societies little box of how girls and boys should behave.

People rarely get bent out of shape when you have a girl who doesn't like frilly things and enjoys sports, and other "boy" activities. But if I boy likes girl stuff, we automatically assume they she start being considered girls. We don't start calling girls by boys names.

I strongly disagree with this. If a boy wants to wear dresses and play with dolls, let him, just like we let little girls play with trucks and wear pants.
Once they hit puberty that is a whole different matter or if they have serious issues with themselves physically.

Preferring girl activities has nothing to do with the physical or even sexual identity, especially at six years old.
edit on 1-10-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Maybe like, wait..............till he is eight,

sheeese

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

ColCurious
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wow. When I was six I wanted to become a superhero or a dinosaur.

One would think that child protective laws are standard in Argentina too... but I guess the state protecting individuals from harm (especially individuals who are too young to protect themselves) would amount to fascism for some people.
edit on 29-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)
Agreed. They should've waited at a later time to do this, considering that switching genders is a pretty extreme change, especially at that young of an age. As others said, what if she changes her mind? What if she preferred girl things, but only left it at that?

It's great to see that the parents are open minded about the ordeal, but they shouldn't be too open minded to the point where their brain falls out.
edit on 4-10-2013 by technical difficulties because: added stuff.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

You're wrong. Your life-experience and point-of-view are both too small and narrow to even begin to know what you are talking about, let alone lecture people on.

I am a 30-mumble female and have been with the same man for 11 years. Yay, let the Christians cheer.

I knew when I was 5 that I was attracted to women. Yes, 5. I had strong male figures in my life, a domestic, loving doting mum that could make a heck of a pot roast, plenty of straight siblings.

As I grew a bit older, it became more and more apparent to me that I was different from the other girls. The other girls started learning how to place bows in flower arrangements and match colors while I just wanted to play G.I. Joe in the woods with my brothers, while we talked on walkie-talkies and air-lifted out imaginary casualties of war.

I came out to my mom when I was about... 14-15, I guess. She said oh, that isn't true. Then she just shamed me into hiding and suppressing it until I became a reluctant bi.

I'm still not attracted to men. It's like if you were being forced to be with someone of the same sex. Not a pleasant thought, right?

But I knew as early as 5 that I was attracted to women.

Granted, I didn't want to become a man so it's a bit different, but don't chalk all children off as stupid. And you are really harsh with your judging. Let God judge man.

edit on 4-10-2013 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join