It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I forgot to mention...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I was gonna post this a few days ago, but i've been so busy I forgot. Many here know I am (correction: was) homeless. Have been for a streach of five years.

Last week, I finally got a place. Life is finally starting to turn around for me. It's a nice little two bedroom w/ a full basement & attic. Small yard.

Goodbye homelessness. For me atleast. There are still so many more people without a decent place to lay thier heads at night.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yay for you! It's great to hear some good news in this sea of untranquility. Enjoy your new digs!

All the best,

Grace

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jjsr420

Congratulations on getting a roof over your head!!

edit on 28-9-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Congratulations jjsr420, that's great to hear and I think a little absent mindedness can be forgiven considering the circumstances.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thank you all. It's wonderful to finally have somewhere to go. We gotta fix the bathroom sink (I got the cabinet frame for it, just need the sink itself; got the plumbing too, and the tools)

The basement is HUGE. Like big enough for two, or three more rooms. And we can do whatever we want to the house; my landlord said I could take whatever I did off the rent...which will be alot...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jjsr420

Im happy for you, thats amazing.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Great stuff. Im happy for you. You can't beat good news
..Onwards and upwards now

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yep. Onwards, and Upwards. We paid up untill Dec; so i'll have enough time to get a job. That's my main objective now. J.O.B.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jjsr420

Seek and ye shall find so they say!...Hopefully something will turn up for you soon. Then you can have a nice...Dare i say it this soon.....CHRISTMAS..There we go i said it

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
lol. main focus is getting my son back from his maw-maw hopefully BY christmas. Just gotta get this house, and my s*** in order.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i'd recommend trying your local newspaper and see if they have a route that needs working. I'm not sure where you live, but I make about 800 a month running a paper route so it connects dots well enough till I can find something a bit more solid...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I am so happy to hear your good news! 5 years homeless? I don't know how you did it. I hope you find a decent job soon and get your child back.
Hugs!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Heartiest congratulations! That's wonderful news to learn in these sad times.

I also wish you the best in finding work. Sending positive thoughts your way!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I wish you the best of luck and happiness in your new home!

P.S, when's the housewarming party?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
18500000 home empty www.expressionoftruth.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
may I ask you something, it might sound rude, but it is not meant to be.
I live in Germany and our homeless people are really really poor, I can't imagine how you would have internet connection to post here for example during these 5 years. How did it work?
edit on 30-9-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

jjsr420
Thank you all. It's wonderful to finally have somewhere to go. We gotta fix the bathroom sink (I got the cabinet frame for it, just need the sink itself; got the plumbing too, and the tools)

The basement is HUGE. Like big enough for two, or three more rooms. And we can do whatever we want to the house; my landlord said I could take whatever I did off the rent...which will be alot...

- i m sincerely happy for you JJ
enjoy
as much you can
- you ve deserved it

regards,

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jjsr420

High five!!!

Keep up the good work, and do me a fav. because I cant have a garden, would you garden for me?? LOL. just kidding but if not, basil is good, and some nice flowers makes a house a home!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mangust69

A thread could be made on that alone.
it's amazing, the ill-representation of government, world round.
It's sick actually.
How have we, for so long, been content with being sheep.
I'd love for humans to do their job... from the top down it seems.

Housing, health and education should be the stapples of modern society.

---
I'm glad you got a house. I also have to ask though, how did you get on the net?
May be a dumb sounding question, but how else will I know if I don't ask

All the best br

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jjsr420

Congrats brother. I have been there and its a tough place to be. I wasn't homeless for 5 years but I know the pain.

I got back on my feet by dropping a lot of friends and bad habits. I took two minimum wage jobs and worked from the bottom up. I put my self in a position thru hard work and persistence where both jobs were fighting for me. I took the better offer now I'm part of management and will be moving to upper management in the next few months. I even managed to start a side business.

If you can get to where you are now I have faith in you and your persistence. Best of luck buddy and i'll be rootin' for ya. If you ever need any advice or words of encouragement feel free to pm me. Hope all goes well, keep your head up good things are coming.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join