It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Signals of Domestic Terror Problem: Minnesota Jihadists Pipeline.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Almost two years ago the Director of National Intelligence James Clapper warned Congress about the Minnesota group al-Shabaab as being a domestic threat. As you may or may not know several of the terrorists of the late Kenyan massacre were recruited from Minnesota.

Jan,2012

During Congressional testimony in January, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper listed al-Shabaab as one of the most significant terror threats to the homeland, in part due to a "foreign fighter cadre that includes U.S. passport holders... [who] may have aspirations to attack inside the United States."

Even though this group has been exposed at public trial and by federal watchdogs they still managed to send a few fighters overseas to end up in Kenya to participate in the recent mall attack. This is not the first time. This really should be an embarrassment to the Untied States but its not certain that it is.

An African Union official said there is worry that the same fighters driven out of Somalia could launch attacks abroad, from Kenya and Uganda to the U.S.

These warnings were made almost two years ago.

Kyle Loven, chief division counsel for the FBI's Minneapolis field office, said recruits going to Somalia from Minnesota "continues to be a matter of grave concern and the FBI remains fully committed to resolving this situation."

Again this comment was made two years ago. So much for the massive new security network americans! In fact we have been hearing more about returning american vets, 2nd amendment and constitutional advocates being a greater domestic problem than these imported Jihadists that Clapper himself called a "foreign fighter cadre".

Minnesota Jihadists

Question is do we really have to wait for an attack at home before we can do anything. Is this not a clear and present danger?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Question is do we really have to wait for an attack at home before we can do anything. Is this not a clear and present danger?

If you think America should be a nation that follows the law then yes you have to wait till they do something or catch them in the act. What laws have they broken in America?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yes it seems the only ones paying the price for all this heightened security are law abiding citizens who would not even conspire to harm anyone. US is not alone in this as Canadians attacked the gas plant in Algeria, I wonder if they were related in some way to this group?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just to play devil's advocate here...I don't think they are any threat to the US. Not right now, anyway...and I've been following the same story at least back to when Clapper made his little brainstorm of realization known.

(I do believe I recall USA Today articles well before that mentioning American residents kinda vanishing all together...to show up back again some time afterward, having been in Somalia training or fighting.)

The US is not a target of al-Shabaab

BTW.. I don't believe it half as strongly as the link title suggests, that's simply the title of the analysis piece. They raise some thoughts and points though....

The very last thing they would want to do right now is become a personal enemy of our President. Obama isn't known, in what I've seen of him, for long thought out and carefully considered strategic action. He reacts...and God help anyone who would attack inside his nation, to make him a political fool, if he wasn't somehow in on it. (and he wouldn't be with those nutcases...they are against what his heritage through his Father was for).

I think they are here much like Hezbollah is here. Enjoying the good life and the American dream...while a gentle reminder that a live and let live approach is a dandy idea here. We let 'em in...and if we hit what they come from? THEN I think they do attack. Openly, perhaps. That may be the point.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Now how in Heaven's name does anyone expect the government to monitor foreign terrorists in the US when all of the resources are being poured into spying on US citizens???

Notice: The war on terror has nothing to do with tracking, monitoring or preventing foreign terrorism and is 100% about tracking Americans who are not on board with the current Communist takeover of America! WAKE UP!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It is illegal to recruit and train american citizens or otherwise for this purpose, within the united states.

Feds Charge 11

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
These domestic jihadists are extremely valuable assets for the executive branch. Zealots are easily programmed and deployed in a range of unconventional scenarios. The next stage of the war on terror will be crucial for the owners of the US.

So as Mr Clapper said, remain vigilant for signs of domestic terrorism.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The FBI and HlS probably don't want to admit that its harder to infiltrate groups like this than it is the cosa nostra. Oh sure the Hutaree militia no problem.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well...obviously our US Government thinks they are an issue to homeland security. Else why would the US FBI insert it's self as an integral part of the investigation of the mall massacre in Kenya...right to being the ground force to first enter the mall to gather info. How the hell did the FBI, get into that position, in another country?

If we are not the world police, we sure are acting like it. I'd prefer the FBI finish current investigative projects here, in the US. Like Benghazi...a year later, we still don't have any answers.

Des

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Logarock

It is illegal to recruit and train american citizens or otherwise for this purpose, within the united states.

Feds Charge 11

You mean groups like Blackwater which was nothing but another terrorist org. They were trained in America then went to foreign lands where they killed and tortured people. How can this be legal?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The FBI has gone International... You hadn't heard?

FBI International Presence

It gives them the point man on anything around the world to lay groundwork for more to follow, if necessary. FBI worked the Mass Graves after the Serbian War though ..and one of the biggest arrests early in the Terror Wars in Pakistan was FBI HRT. The reports claimed they were just observing ...but the book by one of the HRT members there said a whole different story...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The FBI very well may bring some charges on some in the Minnesota group.

No one is going to convince me that these home front organizations are not smart enough to know how this undermines the americans in a number of ways. America is now exporting Jihadist.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Isn't this the same Clapper who lied to congress and the American people about how the US Government is NOT monitoring their communications.

I personally don't trust a single thing he says.

It is very easy to twist terminology to eventually encompass everyone as "domestic terrorists" and Clapper would have access to the logs that tagged you saying something that may eventually be considering damning.

edit on 27-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

MDDoxs

It is very easy to twist terminology to eventually encompass everyone as "domestic terrorists" ........

Yes and as one poster indicated above these homegrown imports, if you will, may serve the purpose of the need.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

buster2010

Logarock

Feds Charge 11

You mean groups like Blackwater which was nothing but another terrorist org. They were trained in America then went to foreign lands where they killed and tortured people. How can this be legal?

Cause Dick Cheney said it was legal. It's ok to question Obama but if you questioned Bush you were unamerican.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The Westgate mall attack was conducted (as far as I've heard) by an international group of terrorists. Two of the fifteen came from Minnesota. Keith Ellison, the only openly Muslim representative in Congress, is from Minnesota.

I don't know what to make of this, but we are on a conspiracy site.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

MDDoxs

Isn't this the same Clapper who lied to congress and the American people about how the US Government is NOT monitoring their communications.

I personally don't trust a single thing he says.

edit on 27-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Yea he was one of the guys in on the "weapons of mass destruction" story and yet Obama nominated the guy. Besides all this Clapper isn't the only one quoted here. We still have the problem. Trying to discredit the connection between Minnesota and Kenya over a Clapper jaw jacking relationship is just some of the poor intellectual activity that goes on here on ATS. Politically this may be a sore rear end for Obama protectors because frankly it is a major fail under his administration. Apparently its going to be very hard to shake the lethargy.

edit on 27-9-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
About 1 year later.....just updating.

Link Story-Almost a dozen men from Minnesota are fighting with ISIS -

edit on 8-9-2014 by Logarock because: n

top topics

join