It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Lied to a Dentist? So Has This Guy..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The video, created by Matt Porter and Charlie Hankin, was inspired by a recent trip to the dentist.

If you've ever lied and told the dentist that you floss every day, then you know the guilt that comes with it..

"We were discussing the profound guilt that comes along with walking into that office," they told Mashable, "knowing that any promises we had made the last time in the heat of the moment had gone immediately out the window the moment we left. Dentists have this very particular knack for being disappointed and quietly judgmental. So, we wanted to take that feeling and heighten it bit."

Has your dentist ever made you feel guilty about broken promises? Sound off in the comments below..

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Yes! Hahaha.. I went about a week ago. they wouldn't really be rude about it but they would be nice and look at you with honest eyes, and it's to hard to lie. "No I don't want head phones while you clean my teeth." "thank you."

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

A little like going to the doctors and the doctor says :

"Well Sir or Madame, how many glasses of alcohol do you drink a week?)

"Erm... about 3 glasses Doc..."... when in all reality the person probably drinks 3 to 4 times that amount per day!

"Well Sir or Madame, how many cigarettes do you smoke a day?

"Erm... 5 to 8"... when in all reality the person probably smokes about 2 packs per day!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. Cheesy, keep it up, you are one of our stars here and love reading your threads and posts... (and well done for your English... i sincerely take my hat off to you... not wearing one but just imagine

edit on 27-9-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

My Dentist has this in their exam room:
Link

When he asks if I floss, I just point to the picture and say, "I do, but just like that."
edit on 27-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: linky?

edit on 27-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: bahh

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Last time I went to a toothquacker I left minus a tooth and the ability to drink beer for a day.

NEVER AGAIN.

I have less teeth now that I've worked out how to remove them myself with needle nose pliers and a philips head screw driver, but I was never unable to drink beer again.

Oo
edit on 27-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
"And when was the last time you flossed?"

"You were there."

new topics

top topics

join