It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange symbols found on the bottom of the Barents Sea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Back in the days when there were giants and the oceans and seas were much further receded, the young giants or children if you will often played in the yard carving their favorite drawings and lines into the earth as a form of entertainment. It was quite common actually..

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Giant undersea tunnelling worm.

Mystery: solved

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I thought the trenches might be created by certain salvaging and ocean construction methods that involve suction dredging. These range from small modified fishing boats for lakes and rivers to custom built ocean going vessels:

www.vanoord.com...

This is a method of suction dredging using for constructing artificial islands:

www.youtube.com...

Either someone was in need of sand, mud or other ocean sediment for geological analysis, or they were searching for treasure.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

MerkabaMeditation

violet

Or it's a number 6 and there's 2 more further along.

At 26 feet deep I suppose that rules out any sea life burrowing into the sea floor?

We don't really know a lot about what goes on at those depths, apparently we know more about the surface of the moon than the deep seas. If it is traces of some kind of aquatic life then it's probably unknown to science as of yet. perhaps it's some kind of whale that makes these things, or even a smaller animal could do it (remember those giant tube-like structures made by ants in Africa) if they were plentiful enough.
edit on 27-9-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

You might be onto something with that one, here's a link to a site in Kenya called Kitum Cave. It's made entirely out of animals, some of which travel vast distances just to get their fix.

Kitum Cave

I'm not saying aquatic life made this 9,6,b etc or the lines but it is a good thought and possibility.

reply to post by stormcell

As far as I know we cannot dredge at those depths, don't large scale dredging operations tend to be in more shallow waters due to cost effectiveness... I mean imagine how much energy would be needed to suck sea bed up from depths of 800+ feet.

I suppose if someone wanted to do large scale construction in absolute secrecy then maybe this could have been some kind of covert dredging operation, that would mean lots of people living at depths we have no knowledge of living at. These areas were certainly not dredged from the surface IMO.

Fascinating stuff non the less, thanks for the thread Op S+F.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

I'm in Norway, and on VG.no they said it was carved out by an ancient glacier. I feel like the number "9" is a little too nice to just be accidental, but I have seen other natural formations look totally man made.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hey you kids, get off my ocean floor!
sorry I couldn't resist

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Do we know exactly how large the "9" and the "tread marks" are?

That might lead us what exactly did it...?

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There was an event of ancient times, recorded in nearly every culture in the world - when this event happened the water of the planet splashed over land masses and mountains, and created new lakes, oceans, and seas. While sinking the (then) existing (is)lands, mountains, and bringing forth new (is)lands and mountains.

Before the event, pre-flood, there were many civilizations. They have left behind their marks and hints of their existences. Where there is a lake, before was a tundra, plain, or maybe a city. Where there is a sea, once was a meadow, forest or mountain. In terms of this perspective, the flood has blanketed many ancient civilizations and their 'marks'.

I live in Norway (West coast), last month I flew to Oslo (East), it was perfect flying conditions, so the pilot flew the plane at a lower altitude then usual so we could all marvel the Norwegian landscape. I noticed something that goes with what I said in the first two paragraphs - there are small lakes all over the mountains across Norway. Hundreds and hundreds of mountains, and many of them have small lakes atop.

One could figure it was from rain, but it makes more sense that the mountains and land of Norway, came up from the water after the "event", the many lakes on the mountain tops across the entire country, would validate this. The lakes atop the mountains, are from the land surfacing.

At the sea floor where there are carvings of symbols and what look like tracks - could be from the pre-flood civilizations in that area, that have been lost from the blanket of water..

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Awesome find Op. S&F.

Not sure if it could be from icebergs. Not sure it couldn't be from icebergs.....i'm on the fence.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Could it have anything to do with The Battle of Berents Sea

It may be that the symbols and lines were from naval reconnaissance. I don't know much about mine sweepers, but if the cable were long enough then could it be possible to dreg the bottom of the sea?

Maybe the symbols and lines were from those just prior to the actual battle. BTW, the British won that battle because the Germans were disorganized. That would have been hard to explain to the German people who thought they won every battle.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
But... they're not symbols, are they? They're... lines. The 9 looks impressive because it's something we see all the time, but it's not amazing, it's just a very simple shape.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I could see something like various symbols and shapes being dredged out of an area of ocean floor as a test range for sonar operators on ships and submarines. (With known reflection patterns, it would make calibration easier.) But not knowing the scale of these things, makes it hard to speculate on whether or not this anomaly could be something like that.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

pauljs75
I could see something like various symbols and shapes being dredged out of an area of ocean floor as a test range for sonar operators on ships and submarines. (With known reflection patterns, it would make calibration easier.) But not knowing the scale of these things, makes it hard to speculate on whether or not this anomaly could be something like that.

I can see that if the 9 were very large, perhaps it's because a mine sweeper with a very long cable went up and then around to close a loop?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

en.wikipedia.org...

Be interesting to plot out the points on the globe at which there are similar constructs.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Be wise!

Some of the marks are clearly the result of man-made underwater craft (specially those tracks). The others could be "signs" left for submarine operations by either the US or the USSR.

One must remember that both the US and the USSR were particularly active on "submarine activities" during the Cold War, and that the Baltic was one of busiest places on Europe for that matter.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thank's Op!
Amazing discovering!
Bw, could it be six?
Never mind!

SNC
edit on 9/28/2013 by snc24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What if a long time ago people actually lived at the bottom of the sea but without the water and the land we live on now were actually mountains?? And then the great flood happened and wiped out everyone with an exception of a few who made it to the "mountain top" and those are our ancesters who started life up top???

IDK probably just the W££D talking!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fullkrause

deleted . wrong thread.
edit on 28/9/13 by coredrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just a head's up for all those who are wondering who made these markings.

It was Slartibartfast.

Who is/was Slartibartfast? Douglas Adams R.I.P. did in fact chronical some of his exploits in a popular, science comic novel known as the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in which the aforementioned person was accredited as having designed Norway "Because he liked the crinkly bits" and did in fact sign his work. Once asked to do the same with Africa it has been whispered in dark circles that he balked at the idea, as rhinos can't turn corners quickly, and never had the chance to come around to it.

On a serious note, this isn't, if indeed it is real, the first strange or anomalous thing to be found on the seabed in the Bering strait, am I right?

Thanks OP.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

MerkabaMeditation

AbleEndangered
Need to find the 1-8 out there!

You can use the online Baltics Sea map explorer to find those other numbers if they exist,

edit on 26-9-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

I don't know what happened. Just wanted to say I thought your comment was too funny. My computer though is seeming to have a mind of it's own.

edit on 28-9-2013 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: computer glitch

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join