It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens killed and hundreds injured by swarms of giant hornets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

At least 28 people have died following a spate of giant hornet attacks in central China.

Hundreds more have been stung by swarms of the flying insects in the Angkang city area of Shaanxi province.

Residents in the village of Sanping have been warned to remain ‘vigilant’ over the threat, especially when out in the woods.

Many of the victims were chased for hundreds of yards by the hornets before being stung up to 200 times.

metro.co.uk...

Whoa, thems are some big friggin hornets!

More pics here:
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

(I don't like that source, but, oh well.)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is terrifying. It makes me think of the giant mosquitoes from Jumanji. It seems like every day something terrifying from childhood fiction becomes reality.

EDIT: An interesting thought posted by someone on the second source article...

Here, in the US many are saying insects are becoming more aggressive. Among those who eat healthy and avoid toxic substances such as toxic personal care products, insects seem to accept those people as part of nature..as if those individuals pose no threat. We also question, along with other environmental triggers, is exposure to toxins causing insect venom to be more toxic, too.

edit on 26-9-2013 by AlliumIslelily because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I hope they don't send those hornets over here in crates of goods. We don't need anything like that over here.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

rickymouse
I hope they don't send those hornets over here in crates of goods. We don't need anything like that over here.

They'll probably be Knock off Hornets.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wonder if they are products of genetic modification.

Maybe some escaped from laboratories.

Or maybe some ate something that was genetically modified like vegetation, chemicals, or other gm insects.

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I will never forget resting at the bottom of a large mulberry tree a few years back and watching as as single hornet came flying straight at me from about an acre away. It flew straight at my face at an incredible speed and shot straight up as it reached within a foot or so of my third eye! The energy and force behind these amazing creatures is a wondrous thing unless you are the intended target. They have their place in nature for sure and God knew what he was doing when he created them. Humans could use some understanding of their habitats which generally are far from civilization. As we encroach on territories of nature, this kind of thing is bound to happen.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

rickymouse

too late amigo, we've had them for many years now, if in fact they are Asian or Japanese hornets, they don't specify in the article but they sure look like it. they also have a venom that causes necrosis if the stings weren't enough.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
They are not small

edit on 26-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Oh jeez that's a big hornet. I'm surprised they're not on the menu over there. They eat a lot of stuff that Westerners wouldn't touch. Especially if they're an aggressive species for whatever reason. Better get them fenced in somehow. Yikes!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
wow . . . that's certainly frightening

Those are huge!! 28 people is a lot as well... I'm gonna keep an eye on this as it unfolds
+1 good find

~Sovereign

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I call dibs on the Syfy Original movie script complete with "based on true events" caption.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

1 wishes them who lost their lives the best in Guidance of their Souls from the MOST HIGH so they may rest in peace. Condolences to their families as well.

OP if these are previously documented creatures their current behavior seems strange to chase and attack like they are said to of. If these are a new found species or original, 1 wonders what could of caused the mutations if that is the situation at hand...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AlliumIslelily

Or Tracker Jackers from the Hunger Games

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Have they always been that big? Maybe the radiation from Hiroshima mutated them and now possibly get bigger with Fukushima:/. I guess I'm letting my imagination run wild here, but it is possible.

Anyhow, my condolences to the poor souls who have lost their lives in such a horrific way.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I suspect lab work specimens, since that is what they are so prone to do now.

We have odd spider webs that are very long filaments that are floating from a hilltop behind our house. When the sun is late afternoon, as it sets behind that hill to the west, you can see them, they are not coming from a tree downwards, but are coming from the top of the mountain or the sky and covering huge distance. And the threads are thicker than normal, not a normal wandering spider thread, and don't see spiders. I don't beleieve them when they try to say this is normal and we've all just missed it up until now. They could be some kind chemtrail or artificial. The hornets could be gmo.

These things are probably of their making.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SovereignEve

28s a massacre.

We better ban these

edit on 26/9/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
something recent from Brazil ????

YouTube caption;

Published on May 16, 2013

May 16 (Bloomberg) -- As part of Bloomberg's "The Real Brazil" special series, Trish Regan investigates 'BUG.' Named the most innovative company in Brazil by Fast Company, BUG is inventing a new way to protect the country's most valuable crops.

" Killer Bugs: Genetically Engineered Super Wasps "

!!! ...* B-U-Z-Z *...!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
WOW

Don't these bees also kill other bees, like Honey Bees? I thought I read or heard somewhere that they take over the nests and kill the other bees

???

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The Japanese variety specialize in attacking honey bee hives for the honey. The video Phoenix brought shows that species at work in Japan. Not sure if this is the same species. I wonder if the decline in Honey Bees has anything to do with this new trend? Maybe the hornets have discovered the culprit is humans and are retaliating?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Giant hornets are a thing? I wish I could have continued in my ignorance of their existance. Thanks for the nightmare fuel.

edit on 26-9-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join