It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoagland pic...Mars Curiosity "Pump" Anomaly???? Not a Rock...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

RP2SticksOfDynamite
Normally all I see is a rock. So when is a rock not a rock? On this occassion this maybe more than a rock! Its symmetry and circular structure/s suggest a mechanical type object. But I could be wrong and its just another rock as 99.9% are!!

Naturally occurring gas bubbles are perfectly circular, too.

That's why I suggested that this may be a rock formed in a geothermal "mudpot" of bubbling gasses, and this may be an example of mud that hardened into rock with a gas bubble in it. Later, the rock possibly split to reveal half of the bubble.

edit on 9/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

I'm not ruling out your explanation, as I don't know enough about geology.
But, with your explanation, wouldn't the other half of the rock be right beside this one? And if it just eroded, wouldn't this one have done so as well? I don't know, it just doesn't "fit".

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Okay, I found this:

windword
reply to post by Bigfoot73

reply to post by ArMaP

I found this picture, posted by Zorgon, www.abovetopsecret.com... (I miss Zorgon and still have him listed as a friend in my profile), but it doesn't have a link to the original.

You can clearly see the spring and burnt debris off to the right. And, there's something that looks a "t#rd."

Here's another one, but the picture I saw didn't have a covered backhoe in it. But you can see debris in the background.

edit on 2-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Here's a linnk to the panarama image:

marsrover.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

looks rather like a discarded rim for one of those 'Chariots-of-the -Gods'

all the wood spokes had since disintegrated leaving only the Chariots' wheel hub

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Long time lurker here stopping by to add my two cents.

First of all, nice find OP. ven if it turns out to be just another rock, we cant just assume it is one. The most important thing that people are seeming to forget is that Mars is and always will be an alien planet. Who is to say this thing is nothing more than a rock? It is just a 2D image of something that is different than its surroundings. Question everything my friends.

I was trying to figure out what that "thing" reminded me of and it just hit me. It sorta looks like the D.H.D (Dial-Home Device) from the Stargate movies and t.v. series.

So I cant post pics with my phone hmmm. Any member care to post a pic of the Stargate D.H.D for me for those that don't know. Thank you in advance.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaworu

Is this it?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Right on:-)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
[m756.photobucket.com...]reply to post by windword

Sorry for the horrible presentation but this link shows precisely what im talking about.

edit on 26-9-2013 by Kaworu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thanks!

I guess it would help if anyone knew where exactly the OP pic was taken and if that area is even close to any of the areas a wreckage may have come down in.

Too bad I can't find any schematics to match this part up to any known parts from a crashed Mars project.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

It's a chinese lantern.
Inside a balloon.
With a bird on top.
Surrounded by marsh gas.

edit on 26-9-2013 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

I have been waiting for that reply....

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Did that other thread get binned and if so why? Because im getting 404

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very werid

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Maybe this LINK can help....

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Well, If what Hoagland said about the conditions on mars being ideal for preservation was correct, This Probe must have been made out of MARGARINE.........

I find this image looks similar to a wheel hub turned on its side, and with a pipe out its side

Nice Find OP

TOM

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Biigs
Did that other thread get binned and if so why? Because im getting 404

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very werid

I believe it did and it was probably because the OP was telling the owners he needed a site copyright for his pics and was making demands and pushing his website for hits or something.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Ah okay thank you, i didnt have a chance to read it before it was closed.

I thought all kinds of things had been discussed that were taboo for whatever reason and its just some paperwork thing. phew.

edit on 26-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If I was a billionaire, I would send a rocket full of junk like coke cans and stuffed animals to be dropped around the moon and mars so people would have something to talk about. I would do it anonymously so people would always be wondering who in the hell put that stuff there.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nostrenominon

"Here's a fun activity, go outside and look for rocks that seem symmetrical. It's not that hard. Esp since rocks formed from water erosion experience a stable water level for several years as it erodes equivalent amounts on each side. Who said all rocks have to look irregular or asymmetrical?"

Hair trigger there on jumping onto the water erosion bandwagon, my friend.
Do you see any othereevidence of that around there--if even there with that object?
Isn't water erosion as the type you need for your explanation a bit lacking on most of Mars?
Ocum's Razor thinking has its faults when you must factor in intelligent actions that may be involved.

So play it safe and claim that it is a part of mechanical device of some sort if you need to dismiss it.
Personally, I think it looks like the water pump of of a 1943 Maytag clothes washer. See the groove in the pulley on top for the belt to power it? (yes, that is a jest.)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

That is the seems to be the Curiosity mission in the OP, or at least Hoagland, calls the picture Curiosity pump in the URL Windword's picture is Opportunity, it was the light colour that threw me at first. Hope that is corrected now.
edit on 26-9-2013 by smurfy because: Corrections.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by chiefsmom

Okay, I found this:

windword
reply to post by Bigfoot73

reply to post by ArMaP

I found this picture, posted by Zorgon, www.abovetopsecret.com... (I miss Zorgon and still have him listed as a friend in my profile), but it doesn't have a link to the original.

You can clearly see the spring and burnt debris off to the right. And, there's something that looks a "t#rd."

Here's another one, but the picture I saw didn't have a covered backhoe in it. But you can see debris in the background.

edit on 2-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Here's a linnk to the panarama image:

marsrover.nasa.gov...

First off, thank you! Your amazing!

Ok, this picture, and the panoramic view pic show me one thing. If the original OP pic is of something from the sky, it wouldn't necessarily have a mark under it, or impact crater, it could have bounced or something. I was hoping for something more with the coloring, or dusting on it, but maybe it wouldn't have any, if the parachute was photographed not long after it landed.

Doesn't mars have wind? So maybe by now the parachute would be covered?

Interesting anyway.
edit on 26-9-2013 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
it looks kinda rocky.. but it's also too simetric and it seems like there's some sort of a "pipe" there?

btw, thanks for posting it.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Zouler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join